PSA skis.com sucks —-> “the house.com”

Bought two pair of boots for the kids. Nice deal, fast shipping.

90 day return policy. Need to return one pair. Have spent hours on hold, four separate times.

And, the hold music is extra annoying.

They absolutely suck. Going to chargeback on my credit card and make them call me to rectify.

Just a heads up. I guess they got bought out by the house. They used to be decent.

Buy something as long as you don’t want any service.
    . . .

Nice deal
    fast shipping
    90 day return policy
    and you're complaining about the annoying hold music
    that would go here https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hat-annoys-you

shitty service after the sale should be expected, or at least tolerated, no?

I'm still waiting for The House to issue a full refund for an order placed in mid November.

I placed the order, they charged me in full immediately - although they only had the bindings in stock, which they shipped. Skis were on backorder, which got bumped out farther and farther. By mid December, when it was obvious the skis weren't coming in time for Christmas, I called (waited on hold queue for 2.5 hours) and canceled the backorder. Also requested return shipping cost for bindings to be covered by The House, which they agreed to.

It took them 3 more weeks to refund the credit card for the skis they never actually shipped. They have still not credited me back for the returned bindings. I opened a dispute with the credit card.

The House sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Tell me you've never worked in the service industry without telling me you've never worked in the service industry...

Quote Originally Posted by surfboard View Post
    Tell me you've never worked in the service industry without telling me you've never worked in the service industry...
    Are you defending their shitty business practices?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

"shitty service after the sale should be expected, or at least tolerated, no?"

I don't think so. They don't answer calls, no matter how long you wait on hold. And don't respond to emails, ever. That's not expected from a reputable business.

I'd also recommend avoiding Bob's Sport Chalet in CT. The website works to order shit, and they may get it to you, but if you need to talk to people or actually receive emails from their blacklisted email provider, you're fucked.

Just giving a heads up.
    I’ve tried four times to get through. After an hour I can’t take anymore hold music. I figure they’re short staffed. So try another day. Another time of day. Called first thing. Called mid day. Called late. Nothing.

El Chup makes me even more concerned.
    Going for a credit card chargeback. They suck.

I used the house years ago when they opened. Great crew. But that was twenty years ago.
    Used skis.com many times. Now house bought them. And together they are non responsive.
    . . .

Worked in multiple, even one that did more than half of it's $ in online sales. This is shitty customer service, especially holding onto the $ that long.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's not blaming the workers so much as the business model.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I used to go to their B&M store in Shoreview MN quite a bit, but after a number of acquisitions and the like, they aren't the company they once were...like many others. 10 years ago - they were awesome.
    Gravity. It's the law.

They are owned by camping world
    I think that covers it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did you guys get the 14% activejunky cash back by now?