Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Worth noting^ Benny's 50,000 post. Not even a jab at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck off. Do you have a clue about the history of the west? Do you want to live with a pack of predators in your back yard? I wouldn't. Hey, if you want to live the Outside magazine best place to be contest, first rule, eliminate the animals above you in the food chain. But you probably live in Philadelphia.
    Predators of what, Benny? Prey animals that we introduced relatively recently that have no business being on that land in the first place? God forbid a couple of dimwitted walking sides of beef get eaten by animals who actually belong there.

Cattle ranching has made more progress in destroying the west than just about anything else, nearly as I can tell.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    You live in fucking NYC. Get the fuck out. Your shitty office building has more people than my entire county.
    Where’d you transplant from?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Your mom's gaping pussy?

Your mom's gaping pussy?
    birdcunter is a drain baby

Oh yeah, this is the type of reason debate that I come here for. Some mines will be changed tonight some progress will be made everybody will be happy fairly soon. Keep working on it guys, you’re almost there.

Dont let the cats out then.
    Worth noting^ Benny's 50,000 post. Not even a jab at you.
    Wow. 50,000 posts.

What’s the point?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Oh yeah, this is the type of reason debate that I come here for. Some mines will be changed tonight some progress will be made everybody will be happy fairly soon. Keep working on it guys, you’re almost there.
    Just gotta make the most of a high pressure system...
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. 50,000 posts.

What’s the point?
    He's like covid.

Fuck off. Do you have a clue about the history of the west? Do you want to live with a pack of predators in your back yard? I wouldn't. Hey, if you want to live the Outside magazine best place to be contest, first rule, eliminate the animals above you in the food chain. But you probably live in Philadelphia.
    Ranch on your own land and you can do what ever the fuck you want.

Ranch on our land and you respect predators that keep much of the other herd animals in check.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Oh, hold on, people ! We got a local here

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Oh, hold on, people ! We got a local here
    birdcunter is Amerindian? I don’t think so. He’s a rape/pillage kinda guy. he can’t fuck a sheep unless it’s restrained

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Public lands grazing is welfare ranching. Harvesting predators is the worst part.
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Gianforte is a super special kind of douche bag fuck. Can’t even follow the rules of the state he governs.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/wolve...th-park-ranch/

People love wolves. I love wolves. Down here in the land of yuppies and weed, we really have no plan for the wolf introduction. I'm always conflicted on welfare ranching as it isn't a real good use of resources but it does protect open space. I think the only guarantee is that the cow punchers will shoot, shovel and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    https://www.skyhinews.com/news/wolve...th-park-ranch/

People love wolves. I love wolves. Down here in the land of
    Sniper!

I like the back and forth on this thread. It's got that Pivot vs. other bindings passion vibe going.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I’ve lived in the west my entire life. There are coyotes, wolves and cougars in my neighborhood and behind my house. I personally haven’t seen the wolves but someone took pictures of them on the hillside behind my house. I’ve had personal encounters with coyotes and cougars. My dogs got tangled up with a cougar and my cat got mauled by a coyote. I’m cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    birdcunter is a drain baby
    An incomplete abortion?

Don't worry, the wolves will be fine. Wolves breed prolifically. They are not in any danger of disappearing from the landscape. Worst case scenario for wolves is too many wolves. It causes public outcry among a significant segment of the population, not to mention powerful business interests, and leads directly to situations such as this, which are best avoided if you truly care about wolves.

Always good clickbait though.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Predators of what, Benny? Prey animals that we introduced relatively recently that have no business being on that land in the first place? God forbid a couple of dimwitted walking sides of beef get eaten by animals who actually belong there.

Cattle ranching has made more progress in destroying the west than just about anything else, nearly as I can tell.
    agreed. never mind the whole methane deforestation thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Public lands grazing is welfare ranching. Harvesting predators is the worst part.
    yep. So, CO voters passed wolf reintroduction (last year?). I wonder how that plays out for wolves who are reintroduced on those same public lands.

CO generally a free range 'fence out' state I think, so if you ranch private lands you gotta fence the predators out?

I wonder how ranchers protecting animals (private and public) will mix with legally required wolf reintroduction. Will have front row seating up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I think the only guarantee is that the cow punchers will shoot, shovel and shut up.
    Yea probably. You gotta have the hole already dug .. you could be there all f*ckin' night.
    north bound horse.

As a child, I signed a petition for reintroduction into Yellowstone. I have no regrets. My family, which includes (non-public-land) ranchers going back 5 generations, reveres wolves but also understands wildlife management.

Humans manager other wildlife populations. Why should wolves be special? Because they remind you of Fido?

Wolves will be a disaster for CO state public lands and will accelerate fees-for-all and fee increases.

If you don't know why, then you don't understand the issue in Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

There's a pretty big difference between wildlife management and killing for sport.

21 dead wolves so far. NW Yellowstone

If you don’t want to coexist with certain animals in what is currently or once was their natural habitat maybe move somewhere else FFS.

Personally, I have fond memories of sitting in my hot tub underneath the stars on quiet, snowy winter nights, and hearing the wolves howl to each other from the ridge across the river from us. Utter tranquility. This was just a few miles outside that NW corner of the park, so the title stuck out to me. I never did encounter any on my many hikes, although I'm pretty sure I've come across a den or two in the forest where my otherwise incredibly fearless dog said "Eff you, I'm not going in there!" when we were out bird hunting. She either sensed wolves or maybe it was a griz. Bones everywhere. Either way, I heeded her warning and backed out of the area. Interesting how they can be so prolific in the area, yet wolf attacks on humans in North America have been EXCEEDINGLY rare. No documented kills either since maybe like the freaking 1800s if that. Definitely a creature to be respected, but I don't think there's much to be afraid of either.

If you're a rancher, toss some donkeys or llamas in the herd. Maybe a couple Great Pyrenees for good measure. The herd will survive. Even so, sure, a rancher has a right to protect his herd by any means necessary, but what I DON'T get is non-ranching hunters killing/trapping wolves for fun. Besides, trapping is a totally bitch method IMO.