Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I have a pair of 184's for sale in the sea to sky (BC). PM me if you are interested.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    I have a pair of 184's for sale in the sea to sky (BC). PM me if you are interested.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Price? Will you ship to alberta?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Nevermind... just bought a pair. I'm sizing up to the 184... pretty sure I can handle it but we will see.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by skt07 View Post
    I’m 5’8” 155 lbs.

My 184 Praxis Freerides are mounted on the line, but that line is at -9cm.

I just feel like -13.9 is so far back. Was planning on +1 or +2 but holes dictate +3 or the line.

Thanks.
    I am 6’3” 190lbs and am an advanced skier, but getting older, 59 now. I sold my 184’s only because in really deep snow they felt a bit teeter tottery. 191’s solved that issue, but otherwise, I didn’t notice much difference with the added length. I am mounted on the line.

Historically, I have been more of a traditional mount guy, but lately have been enjoying more progressive mounted skis and when I get back on the Katana’s it’s a bit of an adjustment for the first few minutes, but I quickly get back into it. They are designed to ski best from that mount point. I was marveling just a couple of days ago at how maneuverable they were slashing relatively tight turns through powder in the trees. They can be released into skidded turns fairly easily in deep snow as well as locking into fast carved turns.

I would recommend mounting them on the line and just getting used to them. If all else fails and you can’t live with it, remount further forward. They are very strong in the mounting area with dense wood and thick carbon layers and a remount is not a problem.

I have the 184s, mounted 1.5cm forward. 165lbs, love them

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Great thread. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some KVW 191 or 188 Rustler 11's to replace my 186 Confessions. I already have a BMT 109 for touring, so these would be dedicated resort......Anyone skied both? I'm 6ft 170lbs and ski mainly Whistler...

Guess I could entertain selling the 109 and do the KVW with Duke PT's as a one ski resort/touring pow quiver (also have Mantra M5's for low snow days)....
    I have 191 VWK with M Werks King Pins and 186 BMT 109’s with Dynafit Rotations. Also have the 122 and 94.

I originally bought the VW Kantana’s as a resort cross over ski back in 2017 after demoing them and being blown away. I also demoed the 109’s and found them similar, but definitely more mellow.

Later bought 109’s to use as a dedicated BC ski as they are lighter and that difference is noticeable on long hauls and, as much as I like the 109’s, I have many times found their speed limit on big open faces and wished I had the Katana’s.

I swapped out the original Kingpins on my Katana’s for the lighter and easier to step into M Werks Kingpins which mounted in the same holes. This helped a bit with weight, but lately I have been contemplating getting a pair and mounting them with Alpinists or ATK raiders which would shave off another 300 grams.

Last spring I brought both the BMT 109’s and Katana’s on a Heli Assist back country trip where we skied some big challenging terrain. I started out on the 109’s and quickly switched to the Katana’s as they were so much superior skiing big steep terrain at speed. 109’s are great for trees and more mellow terrain, being softer, more rockered, and more progressively mounted and I love the looser more slavery feel for the average day, but they don’t hold a candle to the Katana’s for big mountain skiing.

I have the mtn and they are bomber

Finally got a day on my 177's. I normally mount everything on the line, but these really felt like they need to be forward. Had to get super far over the tips to get the tails to release. Super locked in. Granted the snow was brutal breakable crust and tough skiing, but damn you feel like most of the ski is ahead of you. Will see if I can remount +2.

Yeah, I'm at 1.5 cm forward

I recently changed bc boots from an older Maestrale to the new Atomic Carbon Backland XTD 120, with a shorter bsl. So that effectively changed my mount point from +1 to +1.5. But for what ever reason I feel like they’ve kind of lost that loving feeling, like I can’t drive them the same anymore. Flex of boots seems similar, forward lean is supposed to be within a degree, binding delta hasn’t changed….I can’t imagine that being half a centimeter further forward makes them harder to drive.

Anyway, it’s got me itching too try something new in the bc.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I recently changed bc boots from an older Maestrale to the new Atomic Carbon Backland XTD 120, with a shorter bsl. So that effectively changed my mount point from +1 to +1.5. But for what ever reason I feel like they’ve kind of lost that loving feeling, like I can’t drive them the same anymore. Flex of boots seems similar, forward lean is supposed to be within a degree, binding delta hasn’t changed….I can’t imagine that being half a centimeter further forward makes them harder to drive.
    Anyway, it’s got me itching to try something new in the bc.
    Recommend double checking the delta. Even though the binding is the same , rocker soles on AT boots effectively vary the delta depending on how high the off the ski the pin holes are. Recommend double checking the delta.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Recommend double checking the delta. Even though the binding is the same , rocker soles on AT boots effectively vary the delta depending on how high the off the ski the pin holes are. Recommend double checking the delta.
    What’s the best way to check the delta?

My pair is mounted with Duke PT, which put the heel a few mm higher than Griffon. Could be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    My pair is mounted with Duke PT, which put the heel a few mm higher than Griffon. Could be part of it.
    IIRC Due PT is 10mm heel high and Griffon is 5mm heel high.

10mm is a lot.

10mm is a lot.
    I believe the Salomon MTN is 8.5mm. But it makes sense that a shorter BSL would create more angle. Although I'm not sure how much a 10mm BSL change would make. And it seems like any way to "measure" the angle of the footbed in the binding would be subject to too much error to mean all that much?

10mm is a lot.
    Don't think it's that much difference, I'll figure it out though. Look like I can mill the difference off the PT brake housing without going below the brake pedal.