Bellingham Lowell Skoog Talk

Who remembers Lowell Skoog’s talk in Bellingham? Seems like there was a special focus on the first descent of Shuksan with the first descender in the room. I remember looking over my shoulder to see Josh and Jason Hummel, Ben Manfredi, and Armond Dubuque sitting right behind me. Pretty sure Steve Barnett was there as well. What a room. I cannot find anything on Lowell’s Alpenglow about that night but it was surely a great collection of Washington skiers.

I think it was in the Library. Does seriously nobody here remember this?

No, but it musta been 20 years ago, right? Manfredi died in like 2003?

Feb 11, 2003

http://www.alpenglow.org/ski-history...entations.html

Hank Reasoner was there. I don’t recall too much, but it was a good slideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 'n Steady View Post
    Feb 11, 2003

http://www.alpenglow.org/ski-history...entations.html

Hank Reasoner was there. I don’t recall too much, but it was a good slideshow.
    Yes Thank you. Guess that was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Who remembers Lowell Skoog’s talk in Bellingham? Seems like there was a special focus on the first descent of Shuksan with the first descender in the room. I remember looking over my shoulder to see Josh and Jason Hummel, Ben Manfredi, and Armond Dubuque sitting right behind me. Pretty sure Steve Barnett was there as well. What a room. I cannot find anything on Lowell’s Alpenglow about that night but it was surely a great collection of Washington skiers.
    I was there that night as well. Was a great time ! Hoping he does a talk with the new book. I used to run into Steve on a weekly basis but haven’t seen him in years. The Hummel’s, manfredi’s and I all grew up skiing White Pass together.

I went to that slideshow and talk in Wenatchee at the Museum downtown. The thing that I remember most was the folks from Naches? that skied into the Lyman Lake cabin from Lucerne around 1960 and stayed for a couple weeks. They had a plane drop supplies. The only way to find the cabin was the shovel tied to the ridge pole.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I went to that slideshow and talk in Wenatchee at the Museum downtown. The thing that I remember most was the folks from Naches? that skied into the Lyman Lake cabin from Lucerne around 1960 and stayed for a couple weeks. They had a plane drop supplies. The only way to find the cabin was the shovel tied to the ridge pole.

Was that when you skied with them out in bowl four? (Lowell and his boy that is not the folks from Naches).

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Was that when you skied with them out in bowl four?
    No that was just a random meeting. We were on Windy and I recognized him. I showed his son and him around for a couple runs hiking out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No that was just a random meeting. We were on Windy and I recognized him. I showed his son and him around for a couple runs hiking out that way.

Did you see the video of that guy parasailing at Baker?