High pressure Wasatch ski

Need some reqs on a ski for high pressure (weather) situations. I still ski it all, bumps, chutes, trees, groomers, but the soft stuff is gone and chalk reigns king.

Ski should be somewhat forgiving for the steeps, and bumps but still fun on groomers

Currently have a 187 Bonafide, and its either too long or too stiff for me. The 188 QST 106's did good service for a while, but they're just... off a bit, feels like they're stuck between being too narrow and not floaty for soft stuff, and too wide and twitchy for chalk.

What say you?
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

I use both 180 Rustler 11 and 180 Kastle MX89 for these conditions. When R11 are sized one size down, they are fun in bumps, trees and corduroy. (Eg.: I would usually go with 188 R11 in soft snow, but 180 for hardback, bumps and skied out trees).
    Me: 5'11" 165lbs
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I have some 180 brahmas that would fit the bill..

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I use both 180 Rustler 11 and 180 Kastle MX89 for these conditions. When R11 are sized one size down, they are fun in bumps, trees and corduroy. (Eg.: I would usually go with 188 R11 in soft snow, but 180 for hardback, bumps and skied out trees).
    Me: 5'11" 165lbs
    I've heard a lot about the Rustlers, I'll have to get out and demo a set.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I've heard a lot about the Rustlers, I'll have to get out and demo a set.
    I don’t think I’d choose R11’s for those conditions. In fact I skied my 188 R11’s yesterday afternoon in Tahoe low tide conditions just because I hadn’t been out on them this year. They’re surprisingly good considering the width, but you do notice the width. I would not buy that ski specifically for the conditions you’re describing.

A Rustler 9 is probably better suited for what you’re describing, but I haven’t skied one.

Stance 90 or declivity 92 Ti: damp, stable, but not overly stiff/demanding

Lp105’s

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

"I ski it all" makes me think DW, specifically DW104 for low tide.

I really like my Nordica Enforcer 88's for days like today. Groomers are fun on them but they still rip bumps and chalk. Not too stiff, not too soft.