Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TECH TALK, Jong...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    TECH TALK, Jong...
    Thank you.

To the rest of you, I’m not mad as much as I’m disappointed.

To the op, you can’t get a plug boot and expect to not do major boot work. I think every plug boot I owned had at least 2 major boot sessions, with several punches and grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    AKA Tech Talk you fkn Jong!

Cmon brother, you have been around long enough

You figured it out but Xmax arent race boots, I love mine but you have seen first hand my Utah bred style is about from racey as it gets with out going gorilla steez
    Haven't seen your steeze in awhile, my brother. If I can ski ya somewhere that isn't in CT, though...

And yeah, I know the Xmaxes aren't race boots--I just can't type and hit the wrong thing on google. Xlab is what I was looking at (and may already have them on their way to me right now...)

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

^you know what ya want, but your approach is dumb AF.
    Was kind of listening to you, but then I had to reconsider.
    ^thats a Rossi liner in a Dalbello GS ~160 flex, good to down to -5 ;
    Thank you for your submission, Mr. Rip. If we are interested in your services you will hear from our people.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Thank you.

To the rest of you, I’m not mad as much as I’m disappointed.

To the op, you can’t get a plug boot and expect to not do major boot work. I think every plug boot I owned had at least 2 major boot sessions, with several punches and grinds.
    Captain Obvious posts. Next he'll tell me not to size up for comfort or that Surefoot isn't the answer. I know what a plug boot is/requires--have been down that road more than a few times.
    [quote][//quote]

So while I’m remembering and you’re present what did you do about skis? Did you buy a new pair? I recall being the thread ender there, my specialty I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You know what's a dumb idea Dexter? Cunting up the General forum with Tech Talk questions.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post

Captain Obvious posts. Next he'll tell me not to size up for comfort or that Surefoot isn't the answer. I know what a plug boot is/requires--have been down that road more than a few times.
    “Without major bootfitting work, how bad will it be going from a comfy 100mm last boot to things that are 95mm? “

It will be really bad, fucking awful frankly, to ski a plug boot without major boot work. But I guess that was a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    So while I’m remembering and you’re present what did you do about skis? Did you buy a new pair? I recall being the thread ender there, my specialty I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You remember better than I do, I guess. The answer is I got new skis without meaning to, but not what I was thinking of...A kindly maggot floated me some brand new SL skis when I purchased new GS boards for the daughter from him (her race boards had been subject to an edger too many times). But so far I'm just back on the same slightly ridiculous Scott twin tips I was on before (use them almost half the time), and if it's very hard snow/ice I just reconcile myself to forced sideslips as I can't seem to create decent edge/edgehold on these things. Floppy. But a lot more versatile than race skis, and actually better than GS/SL skis for slipping courses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You know what's a dumb idea Dexter? Cunting up the General forum with Tech Talk questions.
    Thanks for your contribution. As always.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    “Without major bootfitting work, how bad will it be going from a comfy 100mm last boot to things that are 95mm? “

It will be really bad, fucking awful frankly, to ski a plug boot without major boot work. But I guess that was a rhetorical question.
    OK, I get it, but my question was really about whether or not going back to a 95 last from 100 would be torture without a lot of work. I guess it depends on how you define major. I've been in the 100mm for seven years and don't know how it will be changing lasts like that since I've never done this, but my point was that it's not like I'm putting my 27/27.5 feet into a 25 shell. I always count on seeing a bootfitter at least once when I get boots--I haven't skied boots out of the box since I was a kid. Based on previous Salomon plugs (I had them before I had the Head race boots) in the same size I expect/hope to be good with one visit and maybe one touch up (that's all I have usually needed in the past). But I guess I'll have a better idea when the 'new' XLabs get here later today...
    [quote][//quote]

I think the new 7 year old plug boots will work wonderfully with your slightly ridiculous Scott twin tips.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I think the new 7 year old plug boots will work wonderfully with your slightly ridiculous Scott twin tips.
    Haha. But seriously, the fact that these are new boots from an old run of boots won't matter--it's not like they've gone bad over time. And the uselessness of those skis (in certain conditions) has nothing to do with the boots (can blame the guy in the boots, but not the boots). I just realized those skis are older than some of the kids I'm now coaching...
    [quote][//quote]

They're HERE!!!

Love them. Few minutes w hairdryer and I was in...perfect fit, no bootfitter required.

No, of course they need some work, but they fit. Checked shell fit and I have almost exactly one index finger space behind my heel. I could ski them for a run or two but I'd have bruising and it wouldn't be fun (ok, it would be really bad, would probably lose my toenails and be unable to walk after). But from standing in them for 5 minutes I can feel how they don't have any slop at all. Think they're going to work...pretty psyched to try 'em!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_001406.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	720.9 KB 
ID:	402024
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    They're HERE!!!

Love them. Few minutes w hairdryer and I was in...perfect fit, no bootfitter required.

No, of course they need some work, but they fit. Checked shell fit and I have almost exactly one index finger space behind my heel. I could ski them for a run or two but I'd have bruising and it wouldn't be fun (ok, it would be really bad, would probably lose my toenails and be unable to walk after). But from standing in them for 5 minutes I can feel how they don't have any slop at all. Think they're going to work...pretty psyched to try 'em!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_001406.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	720.9 KB 
ID:	402024
    THEY'LL MATCH YOUR CHICKEN SUIT! TECH TALK JONG
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    THEY'LL MATCH YOUR CHICKEN SUIT! TECH TALK JONG
    holy shit, 2006 called....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    AKA Tech Talk you fkn Jong!

Cmon brother, you have been around long enough
    It took til POST FUCKING 19 for this to happen? Slackers. All of you.

Well done Woodsy. At least someone is paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.