Prior Overlord Comparables for 6'8 240lb

Hi Folks,

6'8 240lb skier, Whistler and area, expert level, but not a race background nor hucking things. Been skiing a Prior Overlord, carbon version, custom length 198cm (scaled up from the 193cm version). Love the ski. It has enough float for a big tall guy like me, tail is stiff and not really rockered to give enough effective ski length and fore aft stability, busts Pacific Northwest crud, has a +/- 21m radius for trees and tights, can rip a groomer well enough, and is actually light enough that I do tour/side country on it, with the ability to quiver killer between G3 Ions and Pivots. After 4-5 seasons, it is still in great shape. I actually prefer the one quiver ski concept, as in a given day it is always a mixed bag of powder, crud, groomers, maybe sidecountry.

I would like to get another ski. I have an old Lhasa Pow 196cm carbon, but really disliked it, partially due to big radius, pin tail, not enough float, and poor durability, especially compared to the Prior Overlord. The reason I want another ski is mostly as a back up in case my current goes down for repairs or for good. One option is to get another Prior Overlord. Prior also have "nano carbon" now, which for an even steeper up charge gets you a bit more dampness and durability then the regular carbon layup supposedly. I am not fussy about cost in the end. I researched the hell out of skies previously and there just aren't many options for me as I need close to 200cm, with a good stiff tail to give me enough effective ski in powder and groomers, and essentially no less float then the Overlord. A +/- 193 ski just won't cut it based on past demoing.

Is there any ski I should be considering? I know I can go custom in other shops, but given Prior is in my backyard and great results so far the tie would go there.

Thank you in advance.
    W

How about the c120 in 200cm from heritage ski lab

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Moment Commander 118!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    How about the c120 in 200cm from heritage ski lab

I was going to suggest that.
    But he doesn’t like big radius.

I love them at six four two twenty.

Long and tight is a unicorn ski.
    But at six eight tall I couldn’t imagine going short.

I think another prior is the right call for op.
    . . .

Prior now also has a nano glass version, not sure if that pares back weight from the regular glass layup.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I would go with the same Carbon version, or get the new Nano Carbon. I talked to them and the nano doesn't actually save weight, but does give dampness and durability (no issue with durability with current though, they have been great).

"Moment Commander 118!"

Good thought. I think the 30m turning radius would be a bit too much. Also, bit too much pin tail also locks the ski in even more for turning in soft snow. Great for straight lining, but not the tights one often ends up in skiing whistler/PNW resort.

Maybe get a custom Patroller if you want something different from Prior...or maybe a Husume.

I think this might be a troll post.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I think this might be a troll post.
    Which post and why do you say that?

I jest.

Movement Super Turbo, 202cm should tick a couple of your boxes. Low 20s sidecut, pintail, big shovel, decent width. Likely close to impossible to find, though.

Folsom Completo 113 can be had in 205,with a 28m radius. Too long? Too pricy?
    https://www.folsomskis.com/product/completo-113

Dunno how Prior prices custom lengths.

Good suggestion with Folsom

Op, or go with Prior which for you is a “more known” quantity, so yo speak

Aggressive in my own mind

Movement Super Turbo, 202cm - Seems like a decent option! A bit heavy, but I think the main problem is trying to track a 202cm pair down given they haven't been made for a few years.

Folsom Completo 113, 205cm - Another good idea. The 113 ends up being 122 underfoot at the 205cm length. The radius also jumps up to 28m, compered to +/- 22m for a 198cm Prior Overlord. Folsom also has the option for some carbon. Would love to have these as a powder/cat ski.

Would pay a days wage just to get to demo one of those skis!

Safe bet is to probably to stay with what is working and just get another Prior Overlord. Thank you for you help.