Thread: DPX2 service?

DPX2 service?

I bought a used bike from a guy that arrived with a shock that is less awesome than I was expecting. It feels like there is gravel inside when you compress the rear suspension. I had originally thought it might be bearings but they seem to be reasonably smooth and with all air removed, the shock seems to be exhibiting that same feel.

I've done air can services on Fox shocks in the past and am fully confident to do that again but am wondering - should I just send the sucker in for a full service so the damper is done at the same time? Since I don't think I need a custom tune, is there any value in just sending in to Fox for the service?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'd hit up Diaz Suspension in Durango.

You very likely need a damper rebuild.
    Diaz is reopening mail order very soon, if he hasn’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lonewolf Suspension in Santa Barabrah, CA

That dude made my squish feel way better than new.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I had a really good experience with Suspension Syndicate in SLC a few years ago. He wasn't answering email but I finally heard back today. I may just send to him but appreciate the other options in the event that he doesn't work out.

Just one more option.
    https://www.greenmtnprotune.com/
    Lots of people stoked on Alex's work.

Is there a significant difference between these third party places and sending them back to Fox for the factory service?

Diaz for the win. Send him your fork and shock; thank me later.

Diaz suspension design

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by tuowtraws View Post
    Is there a significant difference between these third party places and sending them back to Fox for the factory service?
    Yes. Worth every penny for a custom tune. Factory suspension is designed for the 'average' rider. Unless you are the average rider.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

DPX2 service?

I’m gonna jack this thread a bit. I’ve got a Super Deluxe on my Trance that I’ve never gotten to feel super great. I’m 200lbs full kit and it’s pretty harsh on small bumps with a full set of tokens and 30% sag so I don’t bottom out on every drop.

It was the stock takeoff shock from a Transition so probably not a great tune for my bike anyway. I’m considering the custom route.

What’s a decent price for a shock tune? Nobody is putting it on their website. I’d like to have a ballpark before I go in.

I just sent my DPX2 to Cody at Suspension Syndicate for a rebuild. He did a DPS for me years ago that turned a so-so feeling bike into something I really loved. He recently quoted me $160 for the air can and damper rebuild and an additional $60-100 extra for a custom tune.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I just sent my DPX2 to Cody at Suspension Syndicate for a rebuild. He did a DPS for me years ago that turned a so-so feeling bike into something I really loved. He recently quoted me $160 for the air can and damper rebuild and an additional $60-100 extra for a custom tune.

Sweet thanks, I emailed them today. Did they say how long turnaround is? I don’t have a spare shock

The email I received from Cody was:

Hi Seth, how are things up in Kalispell? Yeah man we can definitely rebuild your DPX2. Our service app online is under construction at the moment so instead of using the SS website go to extusa.bike and fill out that service application. It’s a little comprehensive because its specifically geared to the EXT dampers so fill free to leave a few things blank. As soon as I get the app we will get you scheduled. We are only a few days out right now. Thanks man

-Cody

I filled out the app on Wednesday and called them today. The tech I spoke with on the phone ("E") said that he would get back with me today which he did not. I will probably shoot Cody another email over the weekend and call again on Monday. if you are in the SLC area you're probably better off to just drop by the shop with your shock. If his email is correct you should have it back in a couple of days.

Seth

Anyone have any other recommendations for where to get a Float X2 serviced? I sent Green Mountain and Diaz messages just now asking about turnaround time, but was curious if there are any other good options.

I've used Dirt Labs for all my suspension rebuilds and have been very happy with them. Usually very quick turnaround, unsure about right now though.

Hi, this is a reminder that hackers have been getting into accounts with stsle old passwords and causing mayhem scamming people in gear swap.

Update your passwords, be wary in gear swap, report suspect activity!

I've just shipped out my front fox 36 and rear DXP2 to Diaz for his magic - it'll likely be a while before it gets to him/worked on/shipped back but it should be back in play well before riding season here and I'll report back when I have some riding time on them. FWIW they said they are about a week out after receiving them right now.