Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Several years ago at a maggot gathering, I was waiting just beyond the maze for the then-11YO son of a maggot who was trying to get thru a gaggle of clueless gapers adjusting their shit before going thru the ticket reader.

He was pretty good at snaking this kind of situation - quietly, not bumping or skiing over anybody’s gear

But as he cut in front of a lady blocking the reader, she decided to finally move forward. As he went by her She said loudly “You need to apologize”

He said, barely loud enough I could hear, “Fuck you”

She opened her mouth to respond but closed it when I said, loudly,
    “Mijo, way to snake the clueless gapers!” while staring right at her and smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    I’ve almost never thought about this since it is not a big deal.
    Same, but you know some of the pedantic attitudes here on TGR....

They should try this in Austria, France or Italy and see what happens. US and Canada coddle gapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    back in the day my ski bud was manager at a small local hill where ever one would step out and just leave the skis right there

Mikey comes upon a bunch of skis on the ground and he needs to get the packer thru so buddy puts the blade down and plows all them skis off to one side

they didnt do that again

one of my joys in life is knocking down all of the poles that are left stuck in the snow. With a well placed turn you can get the entire row.

I have no remorse for this sort of thing. The side of the lodge is a better place for your skis/poles than middle of the access.

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    They should try this in Austria, France or Italy and see what happens. US and Canada coddle gapers.
    The French will just nonchalantly walk right over your skis. Excusez moi?

One time we got caught in a wad of French teenagers at La Rosiere who were just walking over everything until I started stomping, pulling my skis out from under them.
    They looked at me in horror, shrank back and stop hassling us.

(editr)

In all honesty when I was a liitler shit skiing rope tows in the midwest, I used to be able to clear the line by acting out of control, heading balls out for the lift line, lurching, waving and yelling. The line would scatter like a school of fish and I'd just carve around and latch onto the rope going up. I could get away with it a couple of times a day.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Several years ago at a maggot gathering, I was waiting just beyond the maze for the then-11YO son of a maggot who was trying to get thru a gaggle of clueless gapers adjusting their shit before going thru the ticket reader.

He was pretty good at snaking this kind of situation - quietly, not bumping or skiing over anybody’s gear

But as he cut in front of a lady blocking the reader, she decided to finally move forward. As he went by her She said loudly “You need to apologize”

“Mijo, way to snake the clueless gapers!” while staring right at her and smiling.
    Mag raised his child properly. Bravo!

Im ok with it until I almost crash navigating the mess when one person randomly moves all of a sudden

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

g1 !

I look at that call out similar to the way New Yorkers drive in the city...when some gaper is in the way they can say a hearty ''Fuck You'' >but not be all riled up about it! (that can be a call out to fight in other parts of the country)

Like Brutah said its a waste of time to get emotional with clueless humans... skiing over their tails and maybe a little pole smack is not a horrible idea though

Its the boarders sitting in the middle of a ski run that's out of line}can't you sit off to the side dumbasses/ no need to be emotional, just spray em with snow and move on
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I stop, make eye contact while smiling warmly, and learn in close. Just when they're looking at me like do I know you I rip a long wet juicy fart. Then I nod and say yea thats the good stuff, and ski off.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quincy?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To me a relatively minor annoyance you can usually navigate, and sometimes even make work to your advantage (gaper screen for you to move forward).

But this topic reminds me of something I did at Blackcomb as 'kid' (somewhere just north or south of 20). There was this little, free race course by Jersey Cream that I'd sometimes run a few times a day, and one spring afternoon with nice, soft corn snow I decided I'd hit it on my way to the base if there wasn't a line. At the start corral there's just an instructor with a kid getting ready to go (dual courses). Five minutes later they're still screwing around, instructor telling the kid god knows what, and I'm impatient as hell but feel committed to wait. Finally they go, get to the finish (slowly), and both pull up to a stop barely over the finish line, blocking both sides, where they start talking again. I'm pissed, but give them about 30 more seconds before kicking out, knowing that I probably shouldn't, but again, I'm pissed at their obliviousness (particularly on the part of the instructor, who should know better) and incredibly impatient (I don't think I was late for anything, just annoyed at being delayed). So I hit the finish with the instructor now scrambling to get to the other side having seen me coming, and I come out of my tuck quickly, deliberately throwing my skis to the side so my tails give them a fire-hose style spray of heavy corn snow, before releasing and treating the corral exit as I would a slalom hairpin combination. As I skied away I looked back and could see them clearing snow from their faces--they were covered. I still feel kind of ashamed about it, although I also feel they were (or at least the instructor was) asking for it. I chose to spray them, and I assume it was uncomfortable. I'm certain that a few years later I wouldn't have done it, probably would have just spoken up in the start or said something in the finish, but as I chose to do it and then did it I really didn't give it a second thought, just acted.
    [quote][//quote]

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

When I’m patrolling I’ll tell folk to use the lift line to stand in line and go somewhere else if they need to organize.

When I’m not patrolling I forget that I’m not patrolling and I do the same thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    McConkey Machete is the clear choice here:

Machetes!:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B989926-F795-4A3D-BF95-26DAC300D437.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	401687

This is a thing I've just noticed the last couple of years at Snowbird. I just ski through them. It's only really an issue at Gadzoom, which is a starting point for a lot of people when they get there. Besides, it's too crowded at the bottom of Gadzoom/Mid Gad. A polite "'scuse me" usually gets the job done. No one does it at Mineral because people come in pretty hot at that lift.

Name:  attack.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  50.6 KB
    Relatively low post count.

This varies widely on the resort or lack there of resort. Let’s say magic, you will be very hard pressed to find anyone getting pissy about anything. Stratton, though, that’s a different animal. I have personally watched fights in lift lines and some of the douschiest shit in the world there.

I guess my reaction has a lot to do with what’s going on. The less skiing is the focus for many and the experience is more of what they want, that’s when things will continue to get heated. When skiing is all anyone cares about, it’s hard to find the hot button.

GOOSE, I THINK IT'S TIME TO BUZZ THE GAPES
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

^^ holy crap JS makes his triumphant return!? where ya been dude you have been sorely needed