WTB: Warm, cheap puffy for knocking around (size M)

Not looking for a ski jacket, looking for a warm jacket to throw on when walking the dog at 11pm. I have a warm insulated ski jacket, and been using that, but trying to extend the life of my good gear and get something else for just walking around town. It's not a critical need, but just figured someone may have a jacket in their closet they don't wear. I'm a pretty normal sized medium.

I'm broke so cheap is what I'm after. And warm.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just curious by how much wear are you incurring by walking you dog around town? Must be an aggressive walk.

I've got an well used but functional and lofty Helly Hansen Verglas jacket (700 down with pertex shell) that's pretty damn warm.

This jacket but in a light grey color with red piping:

Name:  opplanet-helly-hansen-verglas-down-insulator-men-s-arctic-grey-large.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  14.5 KB

I'm 6' 165 and it fits me well. Yours for $25 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Just curious by how much wear are you incurring by walking you dog around town? Must be an aggressive walk.
    lol

I'm not rubbing against lampposts and buildings as I walk. But just in general, I follow the "use gear for its gear purpose, and not general use, because general use creates more wear." So I don't wear a pair of nice running shoes as my walk around town shoes, they are just for running; my technical base layers just get used as technical base layers, and not just as an every day shirt. I think that's pretty standard, no? And the knock-around jacket sits on the back of a dining chair in a high traffic area, may get stuff spilled on it, etc. The ski jacket would hang in a closet (if I didn't have to use it every day).
    Last edited by Danno; 01-13-2022 at 01:12 PM.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm no help cuz my down jackets are larges bit I'm right there with you on not wearing my running shoes as casual wear, at least not until I retire them coz they're packed out.

Bump for Danno's new coat
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Eddie Bauer has good warm coats for this.

Patty nano air hoody?
    Blue, medium, good shape; $100 shipped?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ifest-Hoodie-M

Haven’t truly tested its warmth since I haven’t worn it out of the house but quality seems on point and weight leads me to believe it is medium warm on my arbitrary mental scale.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Patty nano air hoody?
    If OP doesn't want this, I'd be interested...

I'm looking at all the options posted, thanks. Just based on visuals, they all look more technical and less warm than I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something I can throw on over a t-shirt and go outside into the 15 degree night; no layering needed. And no need to be useful for technical purposes. Preemptively posting this, I'm not George and not necessarily looking for this, but super warm is what I'm after.

Name:  George-Costanza-Seinfeld-The-Jacket.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  27.9 KB

For reference, current jacket (the one I ski resorts on cold/medium days) is a Flylow Colt Down Jacket, and I want something at least as warm as that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	401110

$50 plus ship. It’s a size large though. But it is a flylow down, I think it’s the general down. Model 2420-1400. That 420 in there means it’s a perfect smoking jacket. No rips. No stains. In fact I think I only wore it once or twice. It’s too hot for me.

it’s a colt. Here’s the link
    https://www.rei.com/product/873812/f...wn-jacket-mens
    Last edited by SoVT Joey; 01-14-2022 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Link and model

Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    If OP doesn't want this, I'd be interested...
    X2

Edit out
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-14-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Since there's other interest, I will formally pass on the nano air hoody. SoVT Joey, since I have a Colt already I know it would work, but I think mine's a medium, but let me confirm. If it's a medium, I think the large would be too big because mine's pretty roomy already.

i ruin shit pretty quick, and im a cheap bastard.
    https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Essent...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Just checked, my Flylow Colt is a Medium. Too bad, because I would have been stoked to get that from So VT Joey.

Hawk, that's intriguing, never thought to get some crap off Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    <snip> Preemptively posting this, I'm not George and not necessarily looking for this, but super warm is what I'm after.

Name:  George-Costanza-Seinfeld-The-Jacket.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  27.9 KB
    Too bad you're not a large... I've got a TNF down jacket of about that vintage, without the hood and not that long. But it's probably at least that puffy.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Patty nano air hoody?
    pfluffenmeister's; your inbox is full, if you see this PM me to do a deal on your nano air hoody...

I might have what you want Danno. This thing is minty, bomber, and (imo) perfect for cold night dog walking. You can have it for donating your max budget amount to the local animal shelter. Lemme know.

Name:	7F0872DF-EEFC-40A7-8B24-71FA3F5A4AB6.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	742.4 KB 
ID:	401172

Name:	F7AEF367-FCE1-4261-A63A-EC9DC44FD1EB.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	688.7 KB 
ID:	401173

If that's a medium (or fits like one) and it's toasty warm, I'll take you up on that! Do you know a model name by any chance?

It’s a classic medium fit (I’m 5’8” / 150 lbs) and it’s toasty. The story is that I bought it at the Reno Patagonia seconds store about 20 years ago. I think it maybe wasn’t a full production model (like a prototype), but in any event I don’t know the model name. I recently started thinking it’s a candidate for downsizing/simplification.

I got it because it’s so bomber and toasty, but I rarely use it - probably because I don’t have a dog to walk? Anyway, if it doesn’t work for you I’ll send you the donation amount and take the tax deduction and we can figure out the next step.

PM me deets if you’re in.