Slalom skiis?

Looking for some ice rippers

Thx

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

175 blizzard hrc

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    175 blizzard hrc
    Sweet. What year? What's it like compared to a wc fis gs ski?

I don't know much about that ski. I was looking for an fis wc gs 175-183 ish.

2022. It’s a cheater gs ski. A little fatter. Easier and more fun to ski but doesn’t have the spandex requirements. If you were looking at a 175-183 gs ski that’s essentially a u16 or a junior womens ski. This ski is more stout. There is the race plate on mine and I put xcell 16s on them. Pm me if you are interested

I have some older head World Cup slalom skis I’d let go for cheap with bindings. Located in mass

Well fuck, I just gave a pair of 183 blizzard gs skis in a 18 radius to one of the ski coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Well fuck, I just gave a pair of 183 blizzard gs skis in a 18 radius to one of the ski coaches.

Hah! I haven't even skied the last pair, the midget twins, you gave me... I will here in the next few days as gogo is finally big enough to start skiing!

@SoVT Joey Not sure about the hrc... gotta read about em.. Will pm you in the next few days either way. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by belknapbeans View Post
    I have some older head World Cup slalom skis I’d let go for cheap with bindings. Located in mass
    Pmed

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Sweet. What year? What's it like compared to a wc fis gs ski?

I don't know much about that ski. I was looking for an fis wc gs 175-183 ish.

The terms that manufactures use for race skis are wack.
    WC FIS rules for GS are 30m minimum and minimum sizes are 188 for women and 193 for men. The ones they call FIS that are shorter or lower radius are kids skis. Not that you can't use them, just fyi. How big/strong are you?

"Masters" skis are usually high 20's radius and a little wider. To make matters worse, people tend to refer to anything less than legal (under 188/30 or 193/30) a "cheater".

That Blizzard is a nice carving ski with a mid-teens radius. Every euro manufacturer has a line like that. They all have a little different snow feel but not really a bad one out there.

For slalom, 165 is the men's size and 157-158 is the women's size. Smaller than that and you are looking at kids skis. The men's are much better/more versatile for free skiing but a lot of older masters guys ski the 158's, they are easier in a tight course. I free ski 165 FIS SL and 188/30 GS skis and really like them. The GS skis need a little room to run, the SL skis are really easy to ski in crowds.
    Last edited by Utagonian; 01-15-2022 at 04:11 PM.

WTB GS 176ish and Slalom skiis

Edit: ^^Utagonian got you covered with a pretty good summary of race skis while I was writing

I’ve got some 176 volkl gs skis gathering dust.
    But I’m confused about what you are looking for though. As Joey said above that length is a u14/u16 ski designed for someone probably 100 -115 lbs +/-. I’ve skied them and would not recommend for a full grown adult.
    The cheater/masters skis in that length would be good otherwise look for at least a next size up ( at least 182/183 and maybe longer). Too much longer though and radius gets bigger which require more runway and less people to enjoy.
    Last edited by dcpnz; 01-15-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Other option would be to look at ski cross skis. Not sure who is making what in that space now, but Dynastar, Atomic, Salomon and others used to all make something in that 175-180ish range with a race plate similar to what you mentioned. Actually, I think that Elan GSX is actually a ski cross ski. I've still got a pair of Dynastar Skicross Pros that I keep in the quiver for that spot.

Awesome responses tyx!

This hard snow, well mostly ice, thing is new to me now that i am living on the east coast, arguably, Upstate.

I want to get a pair of men's slalom skis for crowded ice days, improve technical skiing, and frankly good workout especially while skiing with my 6yo son.

As for GS skis, this is where I am clearly plain dumb. I want a set of skis that absolutely rail ice at speed. Our local hill is west mountain that doesn't have a ton of real estate but almost always has b nets up for race team training. I plan to use these skis for days that I'm off during the week and almost no one is on the hill so I can fly.

I'm 180# 5'9" and strong. 130 flex boots. Always learning and improving. Technically oriented, but like to go fast. Grew up Nordic so didn't race alpine thus the ice thing is new.

Skied my friends Elans 176 (felt a little short) and blizzard 165 slaloms mentioned earlier in the thread. Like the dampness of the Elans made the ice feel like grippy silk. Want more grip and speed.

Beer league is canceled this year. I'll look for beer league specific skis next year and give it a go.

Input appreciated

Last edited by skinipenem; 01-16-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Look at the Blizzard outlet

https://blizzardskioutlet.com/

I rip the groomed on tele gear