Broke my Kingpins

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	400747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	400748

So I went on my first tour of the season the other day, and I managed to break my bindings on like my 10th turn. Basically, as seen in the first pic, the piece of plastic that stops the walk/ski lever broke when I caught a rock, and the lever went past it and got stuck in walk mode. I wasn't able to pop it back to its normal range until I got home and warmed it up in the house. Its fine now, but I'm worried that it will pop out again in a crash and not release.

The only thing I can think of to fix it, besides getting a new toe piece somehow, is layering some sort of epoxy to rebuild that lip that used to be there (see second pic of unbroken binding). Any advice?

Also, if anyone has a Kingpin toepiece they can part with, lmk.

I know Marker disseminated quite a few Kingpin toe pieces not long ago...
    swing your fucking sword.

Kingpin's ..... broke you say.... I don't believe it.

You should stick to good ol' Naxo's or something reliable like that.

Were your toes locked out while you were skiing? I can't imagine how the toe lock would catch like that otherwise. In any event, assuming you don't ski with your toes locked, it shouldn't really be a problem while you're skiing since that lever doesn't really engage if the toe's not locked. If it doesn't affect ski retention while skinning, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you keep dropping your ski while skinning because the toe lock doesn't engage correctly, I'd email marker. A buddy just got a good response from their warranty department. We were on a hut trip right before covid and multiple people broke the little carbon (plastic) slider that engages the walk/ski mode. We're headed back in a few weeks and buddy emailed marker preemptively to get spares and they sent him a few. They might take care of you.

As a matter of fact, they were locked out. I was just thinking "oh, I think my toes are in walk mode" when I hit the deck. I'm mostly worried that if something were to flip the switch from ski to walk when I crash that it'll get stuck in walk mode and not release. But I'll hopefully get a tour in this weekend or next week, and I'll report back on how that goes. I'm not too worried about it affecting walkability.

Good to hear that Marker is responsive, I reached out to them today. If they have any suggestions or maybe a spare toe piece I could buy, that would be ideal.