Thread: Glade Goggles

Glade Goggles

Did a search and didn’t find anything. Anyone using these? Any issues with fitment, lens quality/clarity? How are the low light storm colors?

https://www.shopglade.com/
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 01-11-2022 at 01:45 PM.

I thought this was a thread about seeing the world through glademeister’s goggles

much disappoint

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^you put the googles on and your view of the world turns dark and depressing?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I used them for about two seasons. They fit my smith helmet without issue. The lens are definitely worth the money. I had an earlier pair and my only complaint, which has since been fixed, was the strap did not have silicone strips to hold the goggles on your helmet. Was only an issue once or twice. I only went back to Smith goggles because of a great deal on a set of I/OX with multiple new or near new lens included.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    I used them for about two seasons. They fit my smith helmet without issue. The lens are definitely worth the money. I had an earlier pair and my only complaint, which has since been fixed, was the strap did not have silicone strips to hold the goggles on your helmet. Was only an issue once or twice. I only went back to Smith goggles because of a great deal on a set of I/OX with multiple new or near new lens included.

Can you compare their storm lens to the smith “storm rose” and “storm yellow”? The storm rose is my favorite storm skiing lens unless the clouds are very dark then the Yellow shines there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Can you compare their storm lens to the smith “storm rose” and “storm yellow”? The storm rose is my favorite storm skiing lens unless the clouds are very dark then the Yellow shines there.
    Hey - Curt, founder of Glade here. The Smith Storm Rose has a VLT of 50% and their Storm Yellow is 65% VLT - this is likely why you like the Yellow more in stormier conditions. Our storm lens runs at 76% VLT, so it will be better in low light or stormy conditions (more light is let in and thus more contrast), but this is a trade off in that you really don't want to be wearing this lens when the sun is out.

I personally ski with the Blue Challenger + the low light storm lens in my pocket everyday here in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^you put the googles on and your view of the world turns dark and depressing?
    Glade and Outdoor Master could get together for a limited edition Glademaster goggle. Tint is 99.5% soul sucking pitch black negativity - you can barely see anything through the lens.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

'tis the sunniest of days, which require the darkest of lenses.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I thought this was a thread about seeing the world through glademeister’s goggles

much disappoint

No thanks

Anyone else??

Anyone else??
    No, El Chupacabra really nailed it in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt_Glade View Post
    Hey - Curt, founder of Glade here. The Smith Storm Rose has a VLT of 50% and their Storm Yellow is 65% VLT - this is likely why you like the Yellow more in stormier conditions. Our storm lens runs at 76% VLT, so it will be better in low light or stormy conditions (more light is let in and thus more contrast), but this is a trade off in that you really don't want to be wearing this lens when the sun is out.

I personally ski with the Blue Challenger + the low light storm lens in my pocket everyday here in Colorado.
    Curt, thanks for posting. Looks like a great product.

Any deals for longtime mags? Would be happy to try and post a review.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Glade and Outdoor Master could get together for a limited edition Glademaster goggle. Tint is 99.5% soul sucking pitch black negativity - you can barely see anything through the lens.
    Well played.

Hmm, reads to me like Curt found a random Chinese manufacturer making these put a logo on them and now is schleppin them in the states. Doesn’t appear any different than the $30 Amazon goggles minus the price.

Idk, I agree with what ski-wpk get some these in the hands of mags for cheap and then we can get some real world reviews on them. Until then if you’re looking for cheaper googles continue on with the Amazon route!

A few years old, but just sharing in case OP hasn't seen - https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...llenger-goggle
    I use cheap photochromatic shield glasses for everything but full-on storm skiing. And then cheap clear lens goggles for those days
    Anywho

Glade Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Hmm, reads to me like Curt found a random Chinese manufacturer making these put a logo on them and now is schleppin them in the states. Doesn’t appear any different than the $30 Amazon goggles minus the price.

Idk, I agree with what ski-wpk get some these in the hands of mags for cheap and then we can get some real world reviews on them. Until then if you’re looking for cheaper googles continue on with the Amazon route!

Not really looking for “cheaper” per se. Just a better price point as Smith’s are also made in vietnam, china. More than likely the same building as most others and possibly Glade. With Smith, we just pay an uber premium for their marketing machine. I bought a couple pairs of the Outdoor Masters for night skiing, pretty impressed with their lens quality as I have been using them for running the boat this winter in the dark and daylight. My only issue is the frame. It cuts off my peripheral vision. Maybe I just need to look at a different style idk.
    If Curt wanted to get some of these into my hands for a great price point I would be more than willing to do an honest review. I believe where we live I would be able to put them through a true test of their optical quality and do a head to head with Smith and others.
    I have green eyes so they are very sensitive to light conditions. Therefor I’m always looking for quality optics in my goggles and glasses. Plus I’m not getting any younger so optical clarity is
    Paramount, esp at the speeds we like to ski.
    @Curt with glade goggles, let’s get some of these into the hands of a few of us for an honest review at a special price point??

The pair I have are similar sized to the I/O - moved on to the I/OX for the larger frame because I have issues with the peripheral fields being limited. I honestly could go wider but do not want to drop more money on goggles that are still like new and functional.

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    A few years old, but just sharing in case OP hasn't seen - https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...llenger-goggle
    I use cheap photochromatic shield glasses for everything but full-on storm skiing. And then cheap clear lens goggles for those days
    Anywho
    Read that but like all things Blister, I take them with a grain of salt…
    Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    The pair I have are similar sized to the I/O - moved on to the I/OX for the larger frame because I have issues with the peripheral fields being limited. I honestly could go wider but do not want to drop more money on goggles that are still like new and functional.

Thanks boogie. My Smith io7 are still in killer shape and I have several lenses for them. Just came across these and I like the magnetic lens option but hate the Smith price for them.

Glade Goggles

Just a better price point as Smith’s are also made in vietnam, china. More than likely the same building as most others and possibly Glade. With Smith, we just pay an uber premium for their marketing machine.
    Yes and no, smith/Oakley/giro put considerable R&D into their goggles. They design their lenses/foam/strap from the ground up then send them to a Chinese manufacturer to reproduce. Then comes the markup based on having to pay for all their athletes and marketing.

This is different vs going to say a random outdoor convention running into a oversees manufacture with a known product (lacking that design/R&D) ((probably partly stolen from smith)) then advertising it as some well thought out brand based on the fact that you’re a “hardcore” skiing enthusiast.

That was what I was eluding to, now if this product is comparable to what the big brands are producing hell yeah, what a discount!

Glade Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Yes and no, smith/Oakley/giro put considerable R&D into their goggles. They design their lenses/foam/strap from the ground up then send them to a Chinese manufacturer to reproduce. Then comes the markup based on having to pay for all their athletes and marketing.

This is different vs going to say a random outdoor convention running into a oversees manufacture with a known product (lacking that design/R&D) ((probably partly stolen from smith)) then advertising it as some well thought out brand based on the fact that you’re a “hardcore” skiing enthusiast.

That was what I was eluding to, now if this product is comparable to what the big brands are producing hell yeah, what a discount!

My comment you quoted eluded to what you just typed tho I didn’t feel like spewing all of those things that we all know in regards to goggle manufacturing….
    Ps, very little money goes into R&D and athletes. Vast majority of that money is for marketing. This thread isn’t about that argument tho! It was posted to see if anyone has real world experience with the goggles I’m asking about. The above discussion has been discussed in great detail in another thread a long long time ago, before your join date JONG. Love you homie.

The above discussion has been discussed in great detail in another thread a long long time ago, before your join date JONG. Love you homie.
    Hahahaha no worries!

Not really looking for “cheaper” per se. Just a better price point as Smith’s are also made in vietnam, china. More than likely the same building as most others and possibly Glade. With Smith, we just pay an uber premium for their marketing machine. I bought a couple pairs of the Outdoor Masters for night skiing, pretty impressed with their lens quality as I have been using them for running the boat this winter in the dark and daylight. My only issue is the frame. It cuts off my peripheral vision. Maybe I just need to look at a different style idk.
    If Curt wanted to get some of these into my hands for a great price point I would be more than willing to do an honest review. I believe where we live I would be able to put them through a true test of their optical quality and do a head to head with Smith and others.
    I have green eyes so they are very sensitive to light conditions. Therefor I’m always looking for quality optics in my goggles and glasses. Plus I’m not getting any younger so optical clarity is
    Paramount, esp at the speeds we like to ski.
    @Curt with glade goggles, let’s get some of these into the hands of a few of us for an honest review at a special price point??
    Where did Curt leave this? any contact? interested in doing an honest review from the Northern Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious1 View Post
    Where did Curt leave this? any contact? interested in doing an honest review from the Northern Rockies.
    Zero contact.

I figured as much.

Since I had to scroll through that whole thread I thought I'd leave this tidbit.

Elude = evade or escape from
    Allude = suggest or call attention to indirectly; hint at

Sorry, my dad was an English teacher and I am truly scarred for life.

Amazing that $149 for Glade goggles is considered the moderately priced option.