FS: Tamron 17-70 f/2.8 VC Zoom Lens for Sony E-Mount

For sale is a mint-condition Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD zoom lens, for Sony E-mount cameras. This was purchased a few months ago and has been used sparingly.

The lens is in mint condition: it shows no signs of wear. I am including the camera, both lens caps, the hood, and the original box.

SOLD SOLD SOLD picked up around Boulder, or I'll ship at buyer's expense. Please PM if interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SigmaZoom-3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	540.5 KB 
ID:	400569
    Last edited by smmokan; 01-11-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Ooooo. Very interested... tentative dibs.

Wondering why you're selling... do you have a particular dislike? Seems like the reviewers rave about almost every attribute except the onion ring bokeh and weight.

Selling because I moved over to an A7iii last month. It's a kick-ass lens, IME. Super sharp and very fast to focus, even in low light.

PM sent

You went back to the FF? I think I remember you moving from FF to APSC to save size?
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Yep, I did... I switched from the A7iii to the A6400 a couple of years ago, and decided to go back this winter. Mostly because there are a handful of locations I shoot that have really crappy light (Squamish, Revelstoke, Brevard) and I want the higher ISO capability of the FF body.

I still need the overall body/lens combo to be pretty light since I'm consistently carrying it in my pack for long 20-30 mile rides. So right now I've got the 24-70 f4, the Tamron 70-300 VC (which I won't take with me very often on rides), and then I kept a couple APS-C lenses to shoot in crop mode: the 10--18 f/4 and the 18-135mm. I'd like to pick up a 35mm or 50mm prime too.

Yeah I see from your Instagram, you shoot a lot in the trees and I can see where light would be an issue. Mind me asking what settings you're shooting your action shots at? I've been shooting my A6400 18-135 at 1/1000 f5.6 usually. Works well in the sunlight but I too struggle with low light.

I shoot primarily in Av mode, but with action shots I find myself looking for a specific SS... so it's kind of backwards, but I like having aperture be the adjusted variable since I typically set the ISO manually (and not leave it on auto-ISO). Not really the best technique, but it works I guess. I usually aim for a SS of 1/2000 to 1/4000 if the light is good, with a minimum of 1/1000s assuming the light allows it.

In the Squamish woods (and rain), I was struggling to get anything close to 1/500s with a usable ISO on my A6400, even with my 2.8 lens. With the A7iii, I know I can shoot at ISO 3200 or higher and still use most of the images, which is why I made the switch.

Cool thanks for the tips! I might lug out the FF and give it a try.