e*thirteen LG1R rear hub seal drag?

I bought a used bike that I received in the mail yesterday. Most everything looks good but the rear hub is demonstrating significant drag. I pulled the cassette and freehub body off and inspected the internals. Other than filled with a thicker grease (looks like the same grease that comes with their cassettes) than I would have used, there was no damage that I could see and everything looked exactly like their support documentation.

When the axle isn't tight it spins well - still some drag, but not terrible. As soon as I tighten it up at all I see the dust seal pulled inward and significant drag is introduced again.

Is anybody else familiar with these hubs and have any suggestions? I replaced the grease on the pawls with a light dumond freehub grease but am scratching my head on this one.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

No experience, but, is this part present? If it's missing, commonly will cause the issue you describe. Screenshot from e13 website...

I think so. Here's what I have vs the diagram.

The last picture of the black washer doesn't seem to show up in the documentation - at least as far as I understand it.

Well I'm out of my element here, but the only other things I can think of to check is that the main bearings are in the right way. The steps I looked up on their site to get the part I posted, notes to put the bearings in to the hub shell "red seals out"... That should mean they are angular contact bearings and if they are in backwards, will fuck up under lateral pressure.

Failing that, pop off the freehub body flange seal, and see if it still does it? Maybe it's out of place.

Ok other than that, I got nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Well I'm out of my element here, but the only other things I can think of to check is that the main bearings are in the right way. The steps I looked up on their site to get the part I posted, notes to put the bearings in to the hub shell "red seals out"... That should mean they are angular contact bearings and if they are in backwards, will fuck up under lateral pressure.

Failing that, pop off the freehub body flange seal, and see if it still does it? Maybe it's out of place.

Ok other than that, I got nothin.
    Super helpful. Thanks. I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.

Seth

Got ahold of support today. From the pictures I sent they say that the bearings for the freehub body weren't pressed in far enough. I pressed them in tonight and the wheel looks too be good to go.