Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis 2022

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    I was planning on watching on Peacock, but that ain’t happening. Grrr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...me-tv-channel/
    Yeah, I'm following scoring online like some kind of a fucking caveman.
    I still call it The Jake.

Tennis 2022

Rafa taking it to Joke. Jokes service games are long and struggling to hold. Go Rafa. It’s on the Tennis channel. A benefit of just paying for Direct TV.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yeah, I'm following scoring online like some kind of a fucking caveman.
    I’m watching a “live” YouTube vid with scores and play-by-play from someone watching the match off screen. Not much better.

Was really looking forward to seeing this one - will have to settle for an extended highlight vid later.

Rafa up two breaks in the second! Spankfest so far!

3-2 second set. Game of the match so far!

Classic performance by Rafa! So happy to see him move on.

Sad about Leylah though, thought she could take the Italian, but that was before I saw her. What a fit beast! Got game too, she's going to be a force.

What I'd also like to comment on is FAA's loss to Rafa in the previous round. After the last shot was played Felix rushed the net to congratulate Rafa on the win. What made it so amazing was Felix had the biggest smile (like as if he had won). I think FAA was just so happy to have played a 5 setter against the king of clay and was in the match the whole time. Nadal had some very kind words for Felix as well. So good on so many levels.

Anyway, go Rafa!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Classic performance by Rafa! So happy to see him move on.

Sad about Leylah though, thought she could take the Italian, but that was before I saw her. What a fit beast! Got game too, she's going to be a force.

What I'd also like to comment on is FAA's loss to Rafa in the previous round. After the last shot was played Felix rushed the net to congratulate Rafa on the win. What made it so amazing was Felix had the biggest smile (like as if he had won). I think FAA was just so happy to have played a 5 setter against the king of clay and was in the match the whole time. Nadal had some very kind words for Felix as well. So good on so many levels.

Anyway, go Rafa!
    Saw that too, very cool.

Vamos Rafa!

Co Co!!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Rafa was just about ready to submit the last 4-games as his audition to be Marvel's next superhero before the rolled ankle. Wow.

Sad end after the match was tied at 6 in both sets. Should have been the match of the tournament. Hopefully Rafa comes back well rested for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Rafa was just about ready to submit the last 4-games as his audition to be Marvel's next superhero before the rolled ankle. Wow.

Sad end after the match was tied at 6 in both sets. Should have been the match of the tournament. Hopefully Rafa comes back well rested for the final.
    Wow. Just saw the highlights.

Rafa is producing on another level right now for his age and his condition.

I'll say it again, I remember sitting front row at the Western-Southern Masters in Cincy over a decade ago watching him hobble around the court like a man twice his age, icing his knees down after each match and saying "this poor guy's body won't let him play more than another couple years". Boy was I wrong.

I want the name of his cyborg ortho team when my joints start to go. If I get a hold of them I'll be skiing bumps into my 80s.

You know, I was thinking the same thing about Rafa 10 years ago. The way the guy went after every point and never gave up. Ever. I figure he'd be out earlyish in his career. I was so wrong. Too bad about Zverev, was looking like a great match was going to happen. I've done my ankle about as bad and was on crutches for a month, with about a 3 month recovery. Found out much later had a hairline fracture too.

Anyway, sure hope Rafa can get another slam, and happy B day Rafa!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    You know, I was thinking the same thing about Rafa 10 years ago. The way the guy went after every point and never gave up. Ever. I figure he'd be out earlyish in his career. I was so wrong. Too bad about Zverev, was looking like a great match was going to happen. I've done my ankle about as bad and was on crutches for a month, with about a 3 month recovery. Found out much later had a hairline fracture too.

Anyway, sure hope Rafa can get another slam, and happy B day Rafa!
    I don’t follow tennis as closely as I used to. I just watched that match. That was all time. Someone had to win. Both men could walk off the court with heads held high. Dam that was entertaining
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

VAMOS RAFA!

Didn't watch the match today (and may not) 3 3 0 is a bit of a blow out
    But damn happy aboot Rafa getting another. 22 20 20. Nice stat. Fuck the DJoke.

Zverev obviously tore ligaments, be interesting to see how long he'll be out and if he'll be wearing an aircast forever..

www.mymountaincoop.ca

They said that Nadal is now the oldest man to win the French Open.. I was thinking really? Federer didn't win it at an older age??

Co Co came up short in the final but super stoked to see her going to the finals. US Open? Any chance she could win a major or is she still a year or two away from playing at that level?

Gotta say I always preferred Federer to Nadal, but you've got to hand it to the Rafa. He's been a force and seems like a nice guy.

Pretty crazy we're getting close to 20 years since an American man has won a grand slam event. Last one was Roddick's U.S. Open win in 2003!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Gotta say I always preferred Federer to Nadal, but you've got to hand it to the Rafa. He's been a force and seems like a nice guy.

Pretty crazy we're getting close to 20 years since an American man has won a grand slam event. Last one was Roddick's U.S. Open win in 2003!
    Not just Americans, the level of dominance we've seen from the Big 4 since then is just off the charts absurd. No one has really won except these 4 guys.

From wiki:

"Since the 2005 Australian Open the Big Four have won three of four Olympic Games singles tournaments, all but eight majors[a] and all but seven ATP Finals championships.

The dominance does not just consist of winning the events, with all four members regularly making it to the latter stages of tournaments. Out of 68 majors between the 2005 Australian Open and 2022 Australian Open, the only three finals not to include any member of the Big Four were those of 2005 Australian Open, 2014 and 2020 US Opens. They occupied ten consecutive major finals (winner and runner-up) from the 2010 US Open to the 2013 Australian Open. Since 2008, they have occupied all four semi-final spots on four occasions, at the 2008 US Open, 2011 French Open, 2011 US Open and 2012 Australian Open, as well as taking three of the four spaces on nine other separate occasions. In 2011, they occupied 14 out of a possible 16 Grand Slam semi-final slots. In the same period, only twice did two or more not made the semi-final stage (2009 and 2010 French Open), while in 2012 they took 13 out 16 Grand Slam semi-final slots. At the Olympics, members of the Big Four took five of the nine available singles medals in 2008, 2012 and 2016, and also including doubles have a total of five golds, two silvers and a bronze from these Games."

That's crazy... 60 out of 68 majors.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Professional pickle ball. Didn’t know it existed.

I can’t not watch on my lunch break.
    The ladies are hot. And have great shots and skills.

Damn you tennis channel

Jesus. Just saw the last couple sets of the Nadal Fritz match. What a battle, so nice to see Rafa still given er. Was also pleased about the camera time dedicated to Fritz's GF. She appears completely composed of unobtainium.

Semis will be fun. Go Rafa!!
    Thank allah for PVR. I don't know how I lived without it for so long.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Holy shit, he tore his ab during that match.

What a testament to win, I sincerely wonder how he goes on.

https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/wim...28/story.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit, he tore his ab during that match.

What a testament to win, I sincerely wonder how he goes on.

https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/wim...28/story.shtml
    he should of resigned the match as his Father was indicating. Let Fritz go on, have a real semi.

Damn, heal up soon Rafa. Hope we get to see him in Flushing.

We tuned in to the last set of that Fritz match, that insane tiebreaker, the 30 shot rally.. I was asking why he went from totally smoking that guy only to let him back in the match.. Now we know.. I swear it looked like he had blood on his ribs when he pulled up his shirt after the match.

Bunner indeed. I don't see him being 100% for at least 6 months following that kind of injury..

Yeah, a torn abdominal has to be a season-ender for him. Hell of a season though.

Anyone but Joke. Go Norrie.