Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis 2022

hey to change the subject for a minute- I'm looking for a list of towns that considered adding pickleball lines to their public tennis courts but decided to NOT do so (since, you know, playing tennis on courts with pickleball lines sucks- I've done it). The pickleball community in my town is trying to get them added to our tennis courts and they cited some towns that have done so, but I imagine there are at least as many who decided not to.

For the record I'm not anti-pickleball, it seems like a great sport and I hope they get their own courts built, I just don't want them taking over our public tennis courts. Thanks-

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    I'm looking for a list of towns that considered adding pickleball lines to their public tennis courts but decided to NOT do so
    I cant even begin to think of why or where someone would have aggregated this information so best of luck to you. The club here has one court that has pickle lines on it so its rare you get relegated to it. Is this an all or nothing proposition? The staunch pro picklers wanna desecrate every single court in the town with their pickle agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I cant even begin to think of why or where someone would have aggregated this information so best of luck to you. The club here has one court that has pickle lines on it so its rare you get relegated to it. Is this an all or nothing proposition? The staunch pro picklers wanna desecrate every single court in the town with their pickle agenda?
    Well I guess I really meant looking to MAKE a list, so really just want examples of where maybe it was proposed in a mag's town and it was shot down, or they were added and then they were removed (that actually happened here a few years ago and now a new batch of PBers are trying again)

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post

For the record I'm not anti-pickleball, it seems like a great sport and I hope they get their own courts built, I just don't want them taking over our public tennis courts. Thanks-
    I personally don't like it. I was dissing it when I saw it... so I had to try it. the ball makes an obnoxious knocky noise when it hits your "paddle" (paddle hahahaha). I don't like the rules. I'm probably a tennis snob and will be into my late 80's. Then my doctor will say "you have to play pickle ball now you old fat fuck". I will tell him to fuck off, and then I will die lunging for that just out of reach passing shot while rushing the net. I'll shatter my hip and thorax.

Oh yeah, you were wondering about pickle ball court marking in our local towns. The local picklers here organized and we gave them a coupla old tennis courts that were only being used intermittently by road hockey kids. The fundraised, got em resurfaced and then had their silly lines painted all over them. Gotta say it was pretty efficient use of court space. Those two old decrepit tennis courts got transformed into 6 nicely painted, super annoyingly knock noisy, pickle ball courts. It seems to keep em happy.
    Playing on tennis courts all marked up with P'ball lines is painful.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I have a lot of fun with pickle ball but they need to ban that shit at Sun River. The blue hairs get up at like 5am and descend on the courts on sunday morning. They should respect that the rest of us are hungover from drinking 27 bud heavies on the course the day before.

^^
    Ugh...early morning blue hairs. Sympathy vibes Art... Jesus that's tough.
    Hey on a happier note, FAA just won his first ATP 500 over Tsetse fly. I understand Felix got into his first final a couple of years ago, so he's been knocking at the door for a while. Fun fact - The Rotterdam open was the first ATP tourney that both Felix and Stephano got invited to (I believe as wild cards). They both had big thank you's to Richard Krajicek (first dutch player to win a slam - Wimbledon no less), the tourney director, for taking a chance on them when they were youngsters. He seemed quite proud that they were both now top 10 players.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Name:  shame.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  52.6 KB

look for remaining tournaments without mandates to add them (well those outside Serbia)

TAYLOR FRITZ!!!! 'MERICA!

- and Nadal continues to define grace and humility while being quite possibly the greatest of all time. period.
    "Can't you see..."

Even taking into account Dchoker's self-inflicted absence from the tour, it was an impressive run for Rafa! I only saw highlights from the weekend matches - the semi was quite good - Garfia is a promising young player!

I don't know who Garfia is, but that damn Alcaraz, and Fritz for that matter, were withstanding 10+ball rallies with Nadal that would bring down the walls of Jerico. Think Alaraz hit a 104mph backhand in one of them.
    "Can't you see..."

Is this our Tennis Tech spot? Looking for a new racquet, club player as a kid to young teen but haven't played since, now in my 40s but strong. What should I look into getting? Get Head pro deals, so far my research is leading me to the Radical MP.

wilson blade. nothing else even comes close.
    "Can't you see..."

Wimbledon bans Russian and Belarusian players from the Championships.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...ne-per-reports

No Daniil Medvedev and possibly no Novak could mean another Major title for Rafa.

Just re-iterating that pickle ball players are godless heathen fornicating evil-doers that have no place anywhere near a tennis facility.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they are all from russia. or belarus.

"Can't you see..."

I got roped into playing down at Palmetto Bluff recently MT, while severely hungover.

The noise is enough to drive you mad.

But I did have fun in the end; it's kinda like a moped.

Putin loves pickleball, it all adds up now. That's my take anyway. Fuck Putin. Good to see the Ruskie/Belarus ban. Fuck Russia. Damn, have I just relegated the tennis thread to polyass? I'm sorry.

ah JHC the last time we did the TENNIS RR at PD it was like standing in the middle of a veralco factory. Deafening.
    "Can't you see..."

Djoker doesn't like Wimbledon's decision to ban Russian and Belarusian players.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...rusian-players

In all fairness, neither does the ATP or WTA.

Cue the Olympic, "they can compete, but under the totally not bullshit moniker Russian Tennis Athletes Federation" in 5.. 4.. 3..

Djoker doesn't like Wimbledon's decision to ban Russian and Belarusian players.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...rusian-players

In all fairness, neither does the ATP or WTA.

Cue the Olympic, "they can compete, but under the totally not bullshit moniker Russian Tennis Athletes Federation" in 5.. 4.. 3..
    Ya, call me when the NHL goes there....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ah JHC the last time we did the TENNIS RR at PD it was like standing in the middle of a veralco factory. Deafening.
    You gotta request the courts across the lagoon, the days of playing in peace by the clubhouse are long gone.

Alcatraz makin some moves. Sure looking like the next thing.

Are we still looking at no Novac at Wimbledon if COVID restrictions are over with there? Or will it just be Russia and Belarus not allowed to play?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Just a reminder that Rafa-Djoker Quarterfinal match is on from Roland Garros right now.

Just a reminder that Rafa-Djoker Quarterfinal match is on from Roland Garros right now.
    I was planning on watching on Peacock, but that ain’t happening. Grrr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...me-tv-channel/