Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis 2022

The Connors comeback at the US Open was unreal. I don't have much to say about his career that can be summed up in a sentence, but I'll never see a greater match than his defeat of McEnroe in the first round.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    The Connors comeback at the US Open was unreal. I don't have much to say about his career that can be summed up in a sentence, but I'll never see a greater match than his defeat of McEnroe in the first round.
    That was when Prince launched that mono-beam that Connors started to use. Some weird shit back then. Remember the fucked up string pattern on the Prince Vortex? We went from like 90sq inch racquets to trampolines seemingly overnight.

Name:  Image1643134803.147610.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  14.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ha! I was a Prince guy for a long time growing up and played a couple versions of the Vortex. Balls would rocket off that thing, but the mis-hits were like getting your funny bone drilled with a ball.

Also, Connors is an asshole.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ha! I was a Prince guy for a long time growing up and played a couple versions of the Vortex. Balls would rocket off that thing, but the mis-hits were like getting your funny bone drilled with a ball.

Also, Connors is an asshole.
    X2 on Connors being an asshole. Granted, McEnroe was too, but he was a different brand of asshole and I always felt like he demanded more from himself whereas Connor demanded more of everyone else [End psychobabble analysis].

I was a Prince guy too and still play with my old graphites. But I experimented with their entire catalog, including that frame that I think Sabatini or Capriati used for a bit with the gel insert at the top of the handle. There may have been a foray into Donnay when Agassi used their frames for a bit.

wilson blade. nothing else even comes close.
    "Can't you see..."

"I don’t know, man…Fuckin Daniil’s serve, straight down my throat"

-Nic Kyrgios answering "what are you having for dinner" after Medvadev match.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Too much flex for me. Just order 3 new demos on TW. Have a Head Graphene Prestige Pro, Dunlop CX 200 Tour 16x19 and going to try to Babo Pure Strike in the 16x19 pattern as well for the hell of it, all with the multifiliament. Then its full nat gut at 60 lbs upon purchase.

^ girl.
    "Can't you see..."

^ girl.
    Hey, its not like I play with a yonex, but you keep playing with that licorice stick if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    X2 on Connors being an asshole. Granted, McEnroe was too, but he was a different brand of asshole and I always felt like he demanded more from himself whereas Connor demanded more of everyone else [End psychobabble analysis].

I was a Prince guy too and still play with my old graphites. But I experimented with their entire catalog, including that frame that I think Sabatini or Capriati used for a bit with the gel insert at the top of the handle. There may have been a foray into Donnay when Agassi used their frames for a bit.
    Oh, you mean this Prince racquet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024AF674-18D5-4FE0-A6E1-C5720FCABD80.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	552.3 KB 
ID:	402873

Ha! I’ve still got 3 of these in my garage as they were my preferred stick in college. So heavy compared to anything else now but that’s what I loved about em. Total hammer.

I’ve gone to the Babolat Pure Strike since getting back into the game and it’s like a razor blade out there. So much touch.

Also, I agree about McEnroe. He was our asshole.

Oh, you mean this Prince racquet?

Name:	024AF674-18D5-4FE0-A6E1-C5720FCABD80.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	552.3 KB 
ID:	402873

Ha! I’ve still got 3 of these in my garage as they were my preferred stick in college. So heavy compared to anything else now but that’s what I loved about em. Total hammer.

I’ve gone to the Babolat Pure Strike since getting back into the game and it’s like a razor blade out there. So much touch.

Also, I agree about McEnroe. He was our asshole.
    Right on! Looks like they used that cutting edge technology in a few frames then because I apparently had the synergy db that looked like this.

Name:  Image1643165064.007010.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  16.1 KB

Stoked to try the pure strike that is on its way then. I have been meaning to try the Head and Dunlop and that Babo was a whim add to round out three selections. I think I’m used to a heavier racket but heard it holds up.

Just found these weird things in my stash and they are getting a whack soon. Not sure ceramic was a great decision back when these were produced. They will probably send a storm of shrapnel into my face, like hitting with one of my wife’s vases.

Name:	Image1643165369.451866.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	402878

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm just here trying to find out when retro racket day is and what club to rock my old school gear at..
    Looks like today is retro day LOL! On that note, back about 10 years ago I hit a couple thrift stores and bought 10 rackets for about $2 a piece for the Cub Scout den to go learn to play tennis and keep. It was a lot of fun. Rackets were decently playable composites.. not old wooden junk, strings were tight.. Probably ancient by standards here but definitely worked for us. Couple were kids size.. /gave them to the smaller kids.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Pulleeze! Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 85 - accept no substitutes!

Sampras, Edberg, Courier, Federer, and Connors, for a short while. LoL.

And let’s not forget Graf and Evert.

P.S. If you’re over 40 you have permission to go to the 95 - if you can find one.

P.P.S. Really enjoyed watching Cressy give Med a match! Great to see someone who knows how to S&V, and just keep coming in all the fucking time and keep the pressure on! Awesome stuff!

Seles was never the same after she got stabbed.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Pulleeze!
    Blade envy.
    you're not the first.
    see above.
    "Can't you see..."

Fuck.

Must sleep now. Congrats Med. In the top 5 matches I've seen

Your Canuck brethren are getting deep in majors though Gary. Waaaaay more than we can say for our guys down here.

Art, be sure to wear some good SportSpecs when you try to hit with that ancient ceramic, if anything to keep things period-correct.

Your Canuck brethren are getting deep in majors though Gary. Waaaaay more than we can say for our guys down here.

Art, be sure to wear some good SportSpecs when you try to hit with that ancient ceramic, if anything to keep things period-correct.
    Remember Greg Rusedski? Dude was an up and comer Canuck and then defected to the Brits to much canadian chagrin.

Bmills, I will channel my inner Chris Sabo, Horace Grant, and my alma mater's forgotten basketball son thanks to Nash, Mr. Kurt Rambis.

The promise of an all-American women's final was stopped short by the hometown favorite Barty last night. Impressive run nonetheless by Maddy Keys and Danielle Collins for sure.

We'll see how late I can stay up to watch Rafa tonight. I hope he can pull it out and get a shot at #21.

Rafa looking calm and dialed.

The iti is fighting back
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

And then….
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

THE HORROR !!!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  52.1 KB
    "Can't you see..."

Mrs. MT "that was a whole lotta good lookin on the court"
    "Can't you see..."

I guess like most of america would like to see med-nadal pref. as a final but don't think that's in the cards.
    well. maybe it is.
    "Can't you see..."