Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I completely understand why a world class tennis player doesn’t want to fuck around and get shots that would at a minimum make his shoulder sore. Or worse
    97% of the ATP Top 100 got vaxxed, so maybe you can explain it to them?

yeah so how much money is he losing on this tourney and if other tourneys make the vax mandatory becuz a precedent has already been set what does the cost him in millions, how about his shoe/ racket/ tennis shirt spansers ?

how about f'tba, hockey baseball players who miss games, each game is worth at least tens of thousands

and all this money comes from a money source which finite

fuckem eh

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Every other player is vaccinated.

" A mistake" to fail to comply with Serbian Rules with a positive covid test ;

" human error" to submit False statements in his visa application
    ( a Federal felony with a possible penalty of 12 years in prison )

Every other player is vaccinated.

skiJ
    I work someimes with an eastern euro who isnt vaxed and he tells me they been conquered so many time that they are wary of everything and every body

buddy often repeats " the next thing the gov. will make you sew a gold star on your Arcterxy

im thinking of presenting egor with a gold star but I'm thinking that is in such seriously in bad taste that even i wouldn't do it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ]

buddy often repeats " the next thing the gov. will make you sew a gold star on your Arcterxy

im thinking of presenting egor with a gold star but I'm thinking that is in such seriously in bad taste that even i wouldn't do it
    I've been guilty of going Godwin myself but I tend to brush off folks going there UNLESS I suspect or know they are descendants of people who really did experience that and/or were killed in the holocaust. My grandfather rolled with the 12th Mountain EDIT ARMORED Division liberating European concentration camps as WWII wound down. He never discussed it so I assume it was even worse than those horrific photos show. He took some of the photos used as evidence in the Nuremburg trials.

So, I also get equally pissed when some privileged non Semitic white person like myself tries to suggest similar oppression against themselves.

Here I don't know what to think though. There was legit genocide in the part of the world Joker's from in the 90s. It's not about nationality or any other marginalized group protected status.. Antivax/antimask folks seem to think they should be a protected class.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 01-17-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So MTT is posting on a tennis thread now. Cool!!
    THIS MESSAGE IS HIDDEN BECAUSE MTT IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST.
    I'd really love to get your take on this great year of tennis upcoming, however my hands are tied.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Nice to have fans

Hey. Can you help me find that post I made about Fauci I made a year ago. Something about history
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I'm not sure how endorsement income factors into this situation -

Life is about making choices.
    N.Djokovik may lose income for the choices he's making. That happens every day, for everyday people, too.

the only team sports athlete in north america that I am aware has lost income for not being vaccinated is Kyrie - who was going to be paid 18M whether he played or not ( half his salary ) ;
    it is my understanding, all of the players who missed games were paid - including Rogers ( who was fined 14G for failing to follow protocols/Policies. on the order of magnitude of one percent of six percent )

while I am not a student of eastern European History, I certainly understand being 'wary of everything and every body. '
    Still, I would not compare covid vaccination with genocide - including the Holocaust.

Tennis -
    Djokovik is out of the Australian Open.

I hope you enjoy the tournament.

skiJ

Veni. Vidi. ... Abii.

I can’t stand Djok. My least favorite men’s player. Him and I will have something in common…both watching at home on tv.

Go Tsitsipas.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I'm not sure how endorsement income factors into this situation -

Life is about making choices.
    N.Djokovik may lose income for the choices he's making. That happens every day, for everyday people, too.

the only team sports athlete in north america that I am aware has lost income for not being vaccinated is Kyrie - who was going to be paid 18M whether he played or not ( half his salary ) ;
    it is my understanding, all of the players who missed games were paid - including Rogers ( who was fined 14G for failing to follow protocols/Policies. on the order of magnitude of one percent of six percent )

while I am not a student of eastern European History, I certainly understand being 'wary of everything and every body. '
    Still, I would not compare covid vaccination with genocide - including the Holocaust.
    If a team doesnt play cuz everyone has covid or anything that happens to the team Ok I belive they will still get paid but that is different than an athelete who makes choices that means they alone don't play ?

if the country in which you live is between mother Russia and western europe you get steam rollered every time there is a big war, I think right now the ukraine is right in the path of something?

only team sport athlete I know who has lost pay due to covid is Kyrie -
    others - including Rogers - got paid due to terms of Player Association contract provision .

I appreciate eastern European history -
    I won't compare it or covid vaccination and genocide - including the Holocaust.
    Just no.
    I understand being wary...

please enjoy the tournament -

skiJ

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/tennis/djo...case-1.6317638

now the french want him to vax, this story has legs

I'm pretty sure they'll end up surrendering to Djoc and he'll be President or Prime Minister or whatever there by the end of the summer.

I had posted up thread speculating that this might happen. Same thing will happen in the UK and USA. Djoko should just play tournaments in Eastern Euro and Russia. Maybe get a tennis league for the unvaxxed.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So MTT is posting on a tennis thread now. Cool!!
    THIS MESSAGE IS HIDDEN BECAUSE MTT IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST.
    I'd really love to get your take on this great year of tennis upcoming, however my hands are tied.
    He's siding with the Joker because the vaccines would have made his shoulder sore, and you need a non-sore shoulder to play tennis, apparently.

What I get from this is that MTT thinks that this man has never had a sore shoulder before, and that such an event would possibly be career-ending - risky enough that it justifies not taking a globally-recognized medicine that is helping ensure the survival of humanity as a collective.

It's dumb.

Best thing the ATP could do is announce that if you want to play at Wimbledon, French Open, US Open that you need to be vaxxed. No exceptions. That way Djoko could plan ahead for either getting vaxxed or retiring.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Best thing the ATP could do is announce that if you want to play at Wimbledon, French Open, US Open that you need to be vaxxed. No exceptions. That way Djoko could plan ahead for either getting vaxxed or retiring.
    You must comply. Or else. Is that what you’re sayin.

Did you hear the collective Fuck You. From around the world?

I think they just had a parade in his homeland
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I heard the Aussies say FU.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Did you hear the collective Fuck You. From around the world?
    Yes, I heard it regarding Djokovic.

Honestly I can't understand why the ATP and WTA wouldn't make vaccinations a requirement.

I tend to agree, although I could live with a daily testing requirement if unvaxxed- but some people test positive well past their contagious phase, so a player would still be taking a big chance of disqualification by not being vaxxed. While there should be an exemption for those truly allergic to the vaccine (and there are some), exempting those who've had covid creates a perverse incentive to just get infected on purpose, which is not good policy.

"Ahem bartender.
    I'll have what MTT is having"
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    "Ahem bartender.
    I'll have what MTT is having"
    You fit right in here

This is the kinda shit an asshole says when they don’t have anything to say

I don’t even need to point it out. Everyone knows this.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

His current plan seems to be to catch COVID every 6 months for the +PCR exemption and parade around at PR events unmasked while he's got it..

Back on topic, sort of... Naomi seemed really happy in the post match interview today. Kinda lame that they were asking her about her outfits though.. She was ready to answer those questions though. She had done her Nike rep homework hahahaha..

You fit right in here

This is the kinda shit an asshole says when they don’t have anything to say

I don’t even need to point it out. Everyone knows this.
    I think what everyone knows is that you are an asshole ?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My grandfather rolled with the 12th Mountain Division liberating European concentration camps as WWII ...
    My dad spent the first 3 days after liberation in Buchenwald interviewing the inmates with a medical team and he told more war stories than most but could not speak of that experience either. But that was the end result of preaching demonization to the population. Kind of like today. Seems everyone is someone else's nazi these days. Right accuses left. Left accuses right.

Never was one for tennis, ping pong was my racket game.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

how did these three guys combine for 60 grand slams while overlapping each other’s careers? there’s really never been anything like it. you look at the list of massive tennis stars from bitd and a lot of them only won a few because the rest of the field was also good and a goran ivansevic could serve away the field on grass or someone else would just dominate on clay or something.

if anyone hasn’t been, the qualifiers to the US Open are free and so fun. Been a couple of years for me, maybe i’ll head back to queens this summer to root
    for some college kid to a get a wild card spot vacated because a dumbass antivaxer thought rules didn’t apply to them.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi