Learn me some Knowledge - Differences between 2011 Krypton and 2020 Krypton

Outside of the obvious - lower buckle placement, interface for the tongue, and power strap. What are the major differences between these two generations of boots?

Name:  2011 Krypton.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  2020 Krypton.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  70.3 KB

Did Dalbello stiffen up the rear cuff at all?

Easier to mold/punch the 2020 over the 2011?

Weight differences?

Thanks!
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

The fit is pretty different. Ankle is much tighter on gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

I would assume the Lupo SP & 130C is more similar to the 2020 Krypton - is that correct?

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    I would assume the Lupo SP & 130C is more similar to the 2020 Krypton - is that correct?
    All the 98mm lupos/kryptons fit the same to my knowledge, just different liners

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    The newer shell is more contoured; essentially pre-punched in the navicular, more sculpting in the sixth toe area, more ergonomic contouring in the ankles. The toe box is slightly higher over the toes, but not the instep. Not roomier, just more foot-shaped. Also helped eliminate the ankle pinching some people felt while flexing forward as the uprights of the clog came together. Ramp angle is flatter, noticeably so for some. Upper cuff, to the best of my knowledge, is pretty much unchanged. Biggest difference is the liner: OG kryptons ran a powerwrap, with an 5mm ultralon sole, new ones run a prowrap, with a standard strobel sole.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    The newer shell is more contoured; essentially pre-punched in the navicular, more sculpting in the sixth toe area, more ergonomic contouring in the ankles. The toe box is slightly higher over the toes, but not the instep. Not roomier, just more foot-shaped. Also helped eliminate the ankle pinching some people felt while flexing forward as the uprights of the clog came together. Ramp angle is flatter, noticeably so for some. Upper cuff, to the best of my knowledge, is pretty much unchanged. Biggest difference is the liner: OG kryptons ran a powerwrap, with an 5mm ultralon sole, new ones run a prowrap, with a standard strobel sole.
    Super detailed !

Ended up snagging a 2020 krypton yesterday - so when I start stuffing my feet into boots I can report back on better A to Bs between the two boots.

www.experiencedgear.net

Learn me some Knowledge - Differences between 2011 Krypton and 2020 Krypton

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    It’s also higher volume. My foot swims in the bottom boot pictured. I had both and sold the newer one.

I owned both simultaneously. I tbink the new one is a downgrade in all respects. I prefer the solid sole. The boot board can be modified more. There is the orange “foam” boot sole option. The buckles are sturdier.

Also there’s a generation between these two I thought?

I started a thread on this a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Didn’t realize the ramp angle was flatter. I’d have preferred that. Ho hum

The older Kryptons had 2 different liners available depending on which model AFAIK. The I.D. Thermo CX Liner, and then the Intuition ID Thermo Pro Liner (wrap style)...

Have not had any chance to look at the new models and series that you are showing so can't comment on them at all other than still the 3 piece boot shell of course which people either love or just can't get to work for them and go back to 2 piece wrap style.

Alright - got on my new to me, circa 2021 krypton today.

And I also have all three eras (kindof - gen 2 is a Lupo SP which is pretty similar to the regular Gen 2, just with the crappy walk mode)

Overall - its pretty neat to see the incremental differences between each boot; buckles, lean angle power strap ext.

I couldnt get my foot to be comfortable with the gen 1, gen 2 was a daily driver for the past 5 years, and skied gen 3 this afternoon without any boot work or heat molding - with no issues at all. This was a bit of a surprise, as I spent hours getting the Lupo SP to work with my foot.

Improvement on lateral support from gen 2 to gen 3 was subtle but there, as was the progressivity. Buckle action on gen 3 was vastly improved: smoother action, and easier to manipulate with gloves. Additionally the power strap was also huge improvement - booster strap style rather than Velcro.

In short, minor improvements with each revision which are minor on their own but add up big. Pretty stoked on this purchase.

Now I just need to figure out how to make like tanner when I stomp big airs:
    https://youtu.be/hjX3rhC7838?t=512

www.experiencedgear.net

Anyone in the 2022 krypton?

I want to order a pair but can't tell if I can put alpine soles on it.

I've been in a older full lugged version (kr2 pro) for the last years but as I never had lifters out on the soles are pretty worn down and the liners are long gone.

I'd like to stay in the same boot but don't want to go GW.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

To my understanding - and I could be wrong...

But I believe Dalbello is using the same tooling for the clog as the Lupo for the new Krypton, but with PU as the material. As such, I do not believe you can swap out for an Alpine sole. There should be more detail in the Kryptolupo thread that was started last year.

Also - Just measured my 2021 Kryp to my 2019 Lupo 130C. Bolt pattern is slightly off, so if its using the lower clog you cannot throw the Krypton ISO5233 soles on it.

www.experiencedgear.net

So, 2022 Krypton is the 2021 Lupo clog (lower) & you can run an Alpine Sole kit on em. I am using the Kryptolupo / 2022 krypton as a cold weather boot in my race boards.

Name:  20F0C070-2D89-4CFB-84E5-3501AD74B1B8.jpeg
Views: 287
Size:  115.9 KB

Kryptolupos piloting a WC slalom ski in -20

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    To my understanding - and I could be wrong...

But I believe Dalbello is using the same tooling for the clog as the Lupo for the new Krypton, but with PU as the material. As such, I do not believe you can swap out for an Alpine sole. There should be more detail in the Kryptolupo thread that was started last year.

Also - Just measured my 2021 Kryp to my 2019 Lupo 130C. Bolt pattern is slightly off, so if its using the lower clog you cannot throw the Krypton ISO5233 soles on it.

Correction:
    https://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/pro...l-and-toe-set/

www.experiencedgear.net

Good info- cheers!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk