Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ooooh, ski off?.
    I’ve skied with 4matic. He rips. And a super fun guy to pound beers with too.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Since golf is a side issue now, can Dave Chappell post here and use the n word?
    It’s interesting that one race can use a word and others can’t. I’m glad I’m Irish, everyone knows you can’t offend an Irishman.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You must have never seen iceman go off about Paddy...

In jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I’ve skied with 4matic. He rips. And a super fun guy to pound beers with too.

I’m sure all that is true and we’d get along swimmingly too.

Just super weird he chose to come at me personally when I dared mention that Tiger’s image issues are forever a part of him in many people’s minds.

/shrug
    I still call it The Jake.

LIV. Watching has-beens and never-gonna-bes play mediocre golf for huge money in a contest with no drama INSIDE the ropes. Yawn.

https://twitter.com/acaseofthegolf1/...32094625513472
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I bumped into Greg Norman in the concierge lounge at the Palace Hotel in Tokyo a couple of years ago. Really cool guy with an IDGAF attitude and enough FU money to last a 100 lifetimes. He’s a competitor and this new endeavor is just a new sport to him.

Candidly, at least among my few golfing friends, the guys who jumped ship are reviled and we root against them. DJ is at least fun to listen to in post round interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    LIV. Watching has-beens and never-gonna-bes play mediocre golf for huge money in a contest with no drama INSIDE the ropes. Yawn.

It's gonna be funny when this whole thing falls flat on its face and they fold up shop and those players are all screwed. I promise you they aren't getting all of the money up front, and they can go ahead and try to sue the Saudis and see how that works out for them.

But if it doesn't, the other interesting aspect is world golf points. The structure of these events won't allow for any points to be awarded, which means some of these guys without winners exemptions won't be able to play in all four majors. Maybe for 12-14 months at most, but not beyond that. DJ will be good for 3 more years due to his Masters win 2 years ago. Phil has 4 more for his PGA win last year. The others? Not so much.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    You must have never seen iceman go off about Paddy...

In jeans
    I’m sure he had to do penance for his transgression.

Holy hell! She has 200+k followers. This world has gone to shit.

RBC Canadian final grouping tomorrow- Finau, Rory, and JT That's fun golf to watch!

Man…. Can these guys ever chip and putt, the number of strokes they gain with short game is unreal.

LIV is going to be the XFL of golf. Initial interest at the beginning, some good novel ideas, then fades away. After the demise of LIV the PGA will see what worked with LIV and adopt some of those thing, like the NFL did with XFL. Of course the XFL didn't have the financial backing like LIV and first string NFLers didn't jump to the XFL but I don't see enough pro golfers giving up the prestige and history of the PGA for LIV to succeed more than a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    RBC Canadian final grouping tomorrow- Finau, Rory, and JT That's fun golf to watch!
    Yeah but with LIV you got to watch Charl Schwartzel (ranked 126th in the world), Du Plessis and Branden Grace!!!! lol...

BTW - the US Open next week is in Brookline. Let's hope the Boston crowd can carry over some of that energy from the NBA Finals and bring out the boo birds for DJ and these guys. That would be hilarious.

Phil finishes 34th out of 48. His team is 10th out of 12
    2 of the courses are at T**** GC's
    The money is supplied by the home country of 15 hi-jackers that attacked the USA on 9/11

https://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Devi.../dp/1400052688
    “Saudi Arabia is more and more an irrational state—a place that spawns global terrorism even as it succumbs to an ancient and deeply seated isolationism, a kingdom led by a royal family that can’t get out of the way of its own greed. Is this the fulcrum we want the global economy to balance on?”

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah but with LIV you got to watch Charl Schwartzel (ranked 126th in the world), Du Plessis and Branden Grace!!!! lol...

BTW - the US Open next week is in Brookline. Let's hope the Boston crowd can carry over some of that energy from the NBA Finals and bring out the boo birds for DJ and these guys. That would be hilarious.
    I’m ready hoping those guys get heckled to death next week. A few promptly timed yells of Kashogi would be appropriate. Apparently the top guys received letters from 9/11 families regarding their association with the Saudis. Crowds at the Canadian open are great.

^^ I fully expect Mass crowds to deliver the goods. They live for heckling like nowhere else except maybe Philly and/or New York.

How stoked is the PGA right now to have these guys putting on a great show down the stretch this weekend of all weekends? 4 guys currently ranked in the top 18 in the world...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PGA.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	418685

PGA showing a great preview for next week, as said great timing.

Go West High SLC

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Holy hell! She has 200+k followers. This world has gone to shit.
    Pat Perez's wife....sort of adds up.

Rory after win

“21 wins on the PGA Tour. That’s now 1 more than someone else!”

Someone being one Greg Norman.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    LIV is going to be the XFL of golf. Initial interest at the beginning, some good novel ideas, then fades away. After the demise of LIV the PGA will see what worked with LIV and adopt some of those thing, like the NFL did with XFL. Of course the XFL didn't have the financial backing like LIV and first string NFLers didn't jump to the XFL but I don't see enough pro golfers giving up the prestige and history of the PGA for LIV to succeed more than a few seasons.
    USFL - it had some talent, some of them like Steve Young got paid big bucks - it still cratered

I hope they make Sergio cry......again.

2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ I fully expect Mass crowds to deliver the goods. They live for heckling like nowhere else except maybe Philly and/or New York.

How stoked is the PGA right now to have these guys putting on a great show down the stretch this weekend of all weekends? 4 guys currently ranked in the top 18 in the world...
    For sure. I’m sure some drunk mass-holes from faacking Reverah or Tawnton will be there yelling racist remarks about the Saudis.

Ryder Cup in 99 at Brookline the crowd was so ugly that Payne and Monty called their match on 18 before getting to the green. I wonder if the beer tents still open at 7:30 am?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Who fakkin cahrs when tha beer tents open. Just gonna pre game in the Dunkin parking laht on the way...

Bunch of troglodytes, drunk paddy troglodytes, at that.

2022 PGA

Ryder Cup in 99 at Brookline the crowd was so ugly that Payne and Monty called their match on 18 before getting to the green. I wonder if the beer tents still open at 7:30 am?
    I was a little embarrassed about that but in this case let it fucking fly! They have it coming.