Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I can think of many better ways to support charity than the pga
    I mean, I'm a fan of the Human Fund too, but that really isn't the point here, right?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I mean, I'm a fan of the Human Fund too, but that really isn't the point here, right?
    not anymore, no. But two sailboats on the same tack is a race, and two golfers on the same hole can be a game, so people decided to benefit others with mostly meaningless competition. And the Crosby Clambake (initial prize $500) turned into the ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am (winner share $1,566,000)

I can think of many better ways to support charity than the pga
    That's nice honey. You make a pointless point IMO.
    If Cam leaves, in 10 years no one will know his name unless they search PGA in wikipedia. NTTAWWT.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    That's nice honey. You make a pointless point IMO.
    If Cam leaves, in 10 years no one will know his name unless they search PGA in wikipedia. NTTAWWT.
    the pga is an entertainment business structured as a charity and without that pretense it goes away, LIV called that, but LIV can’t yet provide entertainment on course and more stars won’t change that.

not anymore, no. But two sailboats on the same tack is a race, and two golfers on the same hole can be a game, so people decided to benefit others with mostly meaningless competition. And the Crosby Clambake (initial prize $500) turned into the ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am (winner share $1,566,000)
    I love that any time I'm on a tack it's a race.

To stay with the nautical analogy, a rising tide raises all boats, right? Pro-Am winner got a boatload of money, and some kids and charities did well that week too, better than they did when Crosby handed out a crisp McKinley.

the pga is an entertainment business structured as a charity and without that pretense it goes away, LIV called that, but LIV can’t yet provide entertainment on course and more stars won’t change that.
    To that I reply "So what?" Money for charity is a good thing.

It's a method of tax avoidance and the answer to "so what?" is if some pay less or none others pay more.

my answer is I think it a bit gross to get volunteers for a business, even if it tithes. Half of the charity was big spenders dropping by to drop money on lodging/food/their trophy wives buying shit

Probably. But a net gain for charity. Fact, full stop. And believe it or not, the "little people" like me who volunteer, enjoy the socialization and helping. So there's that. Guess I could work at a soup kitchen to make you happy. But I'm not here to make you happy.

No comments yet about Patrick Reed doubling down on being a huge douchebag with his lawsuit against the Golf Channel and Chamblee? Pretty hilarious. When you blatantly attempt to cheat on national TV and then someone calls you a cheater, that's not defamation. What a clown.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    No comments yet about Patrick Reed doubling down on being a huge douchebag with his lawsuit against the Golf Channel and Chamblee? Pretty hilarious. When you blatantly attempt to cheat on national TV and then someone calls you a cheater, that's not defamation. What a clown.
    This took up a good portion of radio programming on my way home as the local dudes were discussing the Tour Championship. He was roundly roasted.

After sleeping in a van overnight, a longshoreman shot 64 and qualified for this week's PGA Tour Champions event

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...ng-goods-open/
    Grinders gonna grind

“100 years of tradition” lol

‘It sounds like LIV 2.0’: Tour grapples with how to bring game into 21st century

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/it-...e-21st-century

I have a problem listening to multi millionaires at the top crying that they need more. It would grow the game and increase the quality of the Tour by helping the lower level player pool with a stipend. But that's just me. IMO, the PGA members would be better off ignoring LIV and let it become a team exhibition without any PGA members.

2022 PGA

I have a problem listening to multi millionaires at the top crying that they need more. It would grow the game and increase the quality of the Tour by helping the lower level player pool with a stipend. But that's just me. IMO, the PGA members would be better off ignoring LIV and let it become a team exhibition without any PGA members.
    Agree!! Isn’t playing the best courses in the world, hitting a ball into a hole and living a life of luxury in private exclusive communities like Jupiter enough for these fucks?

IMO, the PGA members would be better off ignoring LIV and let it become a team exhibition without any PGA members.
    How? They said if you violate our tour rules (that you agreed to) you're out. LIV is suing them in court.

Entertaining article

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/dan...-tour-liv-golf

fav quote;
    Dan: I hear Patrick Reed got $80 million to defect. The Saudis paid him $20 million, and the PGA Tour put up the other 60. Your Brysons and your Brooksies want yachts and mansions in Jupiter and Riyadh. Is there a planet Lee Westwood won’t play on for a check? I just want one more Ferrari than Ian Poulter. By the way, did he ever win anything?

Last edited by Ski220; 09-14-2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: embedder not working?

I love how Lowry, Rahm and Rory cockblocked the LIV players from earning serious ranking points. Eat shit Talor Gooch and Patrick Reed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1663262361.783523.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	426500

Following Fowler and Matsuyama this morning in Napa…

Looks miserable

On a follow-up note, Fowler's wife Allison is even more of a smoke show in person. Dayum.

The PGA Tour has now filed a tortious interference law suit against LIV. I've been waiting for this one. I also wonder if they're going to go after the players still in the suit (who left mid season) for breach of contract. Possibly why players keep dropping out of the suit against the PGA.

LIV is buying time on Fox for broadcasts next season.

That's right, Fox didn't buy the rights (which would also mean putting up the production crews, securing advertisers, etc.), LIV bought time like an infomercial.

On Fox.

Golf clap.