Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Tiger Woods turned down $700m to $800m LIV Golf offer - Greg Norman

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/62390...D&xtor=ES-213-[BBC%20News%20Newsletter]-2022August2-[top+sport+stories]

how the fuck could they ever expect to get a return on that unless there are some huge kickbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That's the funny part... the cognitive dissonance is incredible. I always kind of had this vibe before but now after Bedminster and the FOX news stuff it's clear that Trump supporters and LIV supporters are one and the same. Sure, there are some non Trumpers who support LIV as well, but far less so.
    I had a discussion with my brother a couple of months ago about the vibe being MAGA-ish concerning LIV amongst some of my co-workers, plus the atmosphere in the comment sections of various articles had the same feels.

These fucking clowns. I hope the PGA actually countersues them for violating their contracts, which they very clearly did.

Name:  296735092_10162272736132782_90649259266112319_n.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  110.3 KB
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Damn, that was excellently worded

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think they're doing wrong but there's tons of people doing biz w the Saudis yet the golfers are taking the beating while the grifters like Jared Kushners and Steve Manuchins of the world are given a pass. Why is that? They should all be taking a beating.

If Biden was a golfer maybe the Saudi’s would have treated him better.

Cam Smith signs $100 million contract with Liv. Didn’t see that one coming.

Judge also says no dice for the 3 Liv players wanting to play Fed Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

What's your source for Cam Smith? He's ranked second heading into the FedEx Cup in two days and would have to be a colossal moron to not wait until after to make his decision known.

Meanwhile, the attorneys for LIV put on an absolute clown show in court and the judge ruled in favor of the PGA Tour. This will be the first of many legal losses for the sellouts. One fun tid-bit the lawyer let slip (or unwisely emphasized) is that the tourney winnings from LIV events go towards the guaranteed contract, not on top of it. lol... so the events quite literally do not matter.

There’s been rumors about this for a while. Rumors of an all Aussie team and all Japanese team with Hedeki as captain on the LIV tour. problem is LIV has no way to fairly via competition become a member. Is their plan to just continuously pay huge money to up and coming pga stars?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    If Biden sucked MBS’ cock like Trump, maybe the Saudi’s would have treated him better.

FIFY
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Cam says no
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Cam says no
    Probably waiting till PGA season over

He’ll wait so he can go after the FedEx Cup. Golf “free agency” will be interesting when the PGA season ends.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/cam...ng-to-liv-golf

He’s a gone. At least man up and say it. They can’t ban him until he tees up for LIV. All these guys are just proving to be gigantic douches. Going for a paycheck man up and say it. I’d take pleasure telling my boss I was moving on for the percentage increase these guys are getting. Not even getting into the fact that the saudis are horrible. A closed shop league like LIV sucks. PGA event this weekend had guys playing for their pro lives and a new winner who just got his card. In 5 years those guys are stars. Will they get $100m to play a tour nobody watches. I’ve yet to talk to a single golfer who’s watched an event.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

2022 PGA

Also short term thinking as PGA money is only going up with new TV deals. And if LIV folds and they think the PGA will just let them rejoin they have another thing coming. It will be “go qualify on Korn Ferry or Q school” - and that’s if they’re feeling generous. Keep in mind that the tour is the players and the loyalists like Rory are pissed and might stick to the ban for life.

I could see some PGA Tour events being 54 holes. Not a lot different than playing 5 set matches in the tennis majors.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I could see some PGA Tour events being 54 holes. Not a lot different than playing 5 set matches in the tennis majors.
    You think the networks, their ad salesmen and the sponsors will enjoy that day less of screen time, programming, marketing and entertaining?

I don't.

Not saying that I can't see your analogy, but the full tournament week has a lot of invested parties other than just the players.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Yeah we should definitely transform the century-plus long tradition of the sport because some Saudi fuckheads came up with the idea........

Yeah we should definitely transform the century-plus long tradition of the sport because some Saudi fuckheads came up with the idea........
    There’s too many events and too much money so some of the events are forgettable with a bunch of no names. The Tahoe event opposite The Open for example. A 54 hole event might be appealing to players that chose to sit out instead of 72 due to needing rest.
    I mean do something to make these events more appealing.

The ladies played, and still play, some 54 hole events. The champions play 54 holes.

I agree that the PGA tour has anchored itself to 100 year old tradition. Heck, it took a threat from Tiger to allow caddies to wear shorts and how many years ago was it no facial hair?

I don't see what's wrong with the Barracuda at Old Greenwood and other alternative events for those who don't qualify for the majors. What does it hurt exactly by having those? I went to one of the days this year since that course is about 10 minutes from my house and it was a good time.

The secondary tour events are very important to players, the local businesses, and the charities that are supported. It doesn't hurt anything to have them and obviously the quality of play among the leaders is tremendous.

At least Feherty is still honest and candid.

“ Earlier this year, the Northern Irishman swapped the NBC Sports microphone for that of the LIV Golf Series, but why? In his own words: "Money." "People don’t talk about it. I hear, ‘Well, it’s to grow the game.’ Bull****. They paid me a lot of money."

Whilst money was a clear component in Feherty's decision, there were other factors on his mind. "An opportunity to be myself again," he said. "It’s become more and more difficult, especially in sports broadcasting, to have any kind of character. Charles Barkley can say pretty much anything he wants, because it's, ‘Oh, that's just Charles.’ And it is just Charles. But I have become more and more guarded over the last few years. There are people waiting around every corner hoping to be offended by something. **** those people.”

I don't see what's wrong with the Barracuda at Old Greenwood and other alternative events for those who don't qualify for the majors. What does it hurt exactly by having those? I went to one of the days this year since that course is about 10 minutes from my house and it was a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The secondary tour events are very important to players, the local businesses, and the charities that are supported. It doesn't hurt anything to have them and obviously the quality of play among the leaders is tremendous.
    Truth in both of these posts. The secondary events give the new guys a shot. Who the hell was Cam Smith 6 years ago? A nobody. It’s the open nature of the pga that makes it way superior to LIV. Next superstar is probably struggling on the corn ferry right now. The pga actually gives all those guys a chance to make some money and become a star. LIV just buys them. But since nobody is watching the whole thing will collapse in a few years and these guys won’t e playing golf but they’ll have a crap load of money

Ricky flew on Tiger's jet to Delaware to meet with the top PGA players yesterday. That, combined with him being the 125th man in the FedEx Cup, means he's not jumping ship for LIV?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I can think of many better ways to support charity than the pga

“Networks” are dead. They split the coverage between various channels for close to a week. T/W quail whatever the fuck hype on the minor cable Chanel & streaming. R/F/S on the major cable Chanel & streaming. N on broadcast