Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Fuck the PGA.
    I dunno, I think the PGA's actions were warranted. Care to explain why you think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Anyone else noticing a high correlation between having a douchey reputation and joining LIV?
    Absolutely, not lost on me at all. An asshole is going to grab the money and not care where that money comes from.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    and pga tour shows it is is not all that and a bag of chips by suspending as the pga tour suspends those from playing at pga tournaments that play on liv tour. way to look like an ungrateful, threatened and emotional child. youre the pga tour and this is a start up tour, you should care less. does the pga care that golfers play on the euro tour and come back to the pga when they feel like it ? no, this is no different. the liv isnt replacing the pga and will likely not make it 5 years but the pga just threw DJ and bryson, two of golf's biggest draws out the window because its butthurt. how pathetic.
    Also the pga and the dp (former world tour) tour are partners. But you’re an idiot so who cares. Hopefully Brooks joins his brother. Guy seems like a major douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I dunno, I think the PGA's actions were warranted. Care to explain why you think otherwise?
    You mean requiring players to abide by the terms of their contracts in accepting a Tour Card? No way, that's crazy! ;-) It's a more exclusive club even than making an NBA roster, so there are rules. They won't do it but I'm guessing their lawyers told them they could file suit against those players for breach and probably win, but the optics wouldn't be great.

I don't think most people have any clue about how this is all structured. They limit the number of cards available each season so when you earn a spot you have an opportunity to play in all of their events. If a bunch of guys start chasing money all the time and skipping PGA events, it fucks up their entire system. Which is why it's in the contract that you have to seek permission to play outside events (other than those already agreed upon such as majors and WGC events). It's also why players have to play in each event at least 1 out of 4 years, barring exemptions due to injury or other reasonable requests.

Fuck the PGA? Nah, fuck Saudi Arabia. This is kind of like a hostile takeover and people expect the PGA to shrug their shoulders? Get real.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Sure, Fuck the Saudis and these guys have some or even a lot of blood money in the bank.

The PGA is going to regret unfriending these jerks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Absolutely, not lost on me at all. An asshole is going to grab the money and not care where that money comes from.
    only in your world danno

these guys are doing in what is in their best interest

i have a hard time with people critizing people who will never have to make the choice these athletes have to make

can you tell me why you think they shouldn't?

Is it because saudi money is dirty yet we sell them any weapon system they want?

Is it because we have relied on their oil for many years - now not so much - I grant that

Is it because we invaded Iraq in the Bush the first admin to make the gulf of arabia safe for the saudis?

tell me danno why is biden talking to the saudis next week - is it to get them to open the spigots so the democrats don't get slaughtered in the mid terms?

yeah danno - enlighten me

^^ Oh christ. Danno don't take that bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Sure, Fuck the Saudis and these guys have some or even a lot of blood money in the bank.

The PGA is going to regret unfriending these jerks.
    Why? 37 year old Dustin Johnson? Patrick Reed, one of the most despised players by fans? Bryson, sure maybe, although he has as many detractors as he does fans. Who is moving the needle here that we or they give a shit? 42 year old Sergio Garcia who disappeared after winning a Masters? If it was Thomas or Rory or Spieth or Rahm or Morikawa then maybe they'd have regrets then. They HAVE to enforce their side of the card member contract terms or then it means nothing. Can't bitch out when facing down something like this or you lose all power.

Heard the term sportwashing today and it fits the Saudi tour perfectly. Fuck them and anyone crawling into their camp because it’s in their best interest of making some extra blood money. Making the area safe for the Saudis? The Saudis are the fuckin entire problem in the region.

Why? 37 year old Dustin Johnson? Patrick Reed, one of the most despised players by fans? Bryson, sure maybe, although he has as many detractors as he does fans. Who is moving the needle here that we or they give a shit? 42 year old Sergio Garcia who disappeared after winning a Masters? If it was Thomas or Rory or Spieth or Rahm or Morikawa then maybe they'd have regrets then. They HAVE to enforce their side of the card member contract terms or then it means nothing. Can't bitch out when facing down something like this or you lose all power.
    AFAIK only Baseball has an anti-trust exemption.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

that's why they are our allies

punish the saudis

don't drive a car

what bait?

these are rational questions

as a golf fan why would I want to watch an event that doesn't have DJ or Phil compared to an event that does?

these guys made a business decision that you will never be asked to make

they know what is best for them

why do you get to piss on them? don't watch the tour and call it good

fuck off haters

hey fucktard

you know what a saudi is

a sand [racial slur deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 06-10-2022 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Removed “the N-Word”

^fuck off asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    hey fucktard

you know what a saudi is

a sand [racial slur deleted by moderator]
    Wow
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 06-10-2022 at 10:44 AM.

as a golf fan why would I want to watch an event that doesn't have DJ or Phil compared to an event that does?

See now I know you're just full of shit and don't actually watch golf. Phil is 51 fucking years old. When he won the PGA Championship last year it was awesome (not a PGA Tour event, mind you, despite the name), but beyond that he hasn't even been all that tour relevant for several years now. He won the AT&T back in 2018/19 at Pebble and before that his last win was back around 2013. He did have some nice showings at The Masters, but that's also not even a tour event.

Sure, DJ is legit, but he's getting older. There's a ton of guys on the tour I'd rather watch.

When the trump tournament comes around things are going to go South for the players. Fuck anyone who plays a tournament at that shit stain's resort.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great, you assholes gotta bring the polyass shit to the golf thread.
    I hope all you poliass fucks get a kidney stone the size of a golf ball.

See now I know you're just full of shit and don't actually watch golf. Phil is 51 fucking years old. When he won the PGA Championship last year it was awesome (not a PGA Tour event, mind you, despite the name), but beyond that he hasn't even been all that tour relevant for several years now. He won the AT&T back in 2018/19 at Pebble and before that his last win was back around 2013. He did have some nice showings at The Masters, but that's also not even a tour event.

Sure, DJ is legit, but he's getting older. There's a ton of guys on the tour I'd rather watch.
    I like phil - i have been a fan since the nineties

you don't watch tiger - he sucks as well

fuck you asshole

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    ^fuck off asshole.
    suck my balls

have you ever met a saudi? I am quite sure that lily white TahoeJ hasn't

saudi's don't go to butte community college

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Great, you assholes gotta bring the polyass shit to the golf thread.
    I hope all you poliass fucks get a kidney stone the size of a golf ball.

Maybe I shouldn't call names. Sorry that makes you sad. But on the topic of what this league means for the players' careers, playing at that course is going to be a hell storm for the players. The ones that aren't in the twilight of their careers may regret it for that alone.

You're quite sure? lol... ok man. What a ridiculous asshole you are, like you have any idea. It must have been awfully difficult for me to pull off that feat when I went there and Dubai.

BTW - when I say "fuck Saudi Arabia" I mean the government and Royal family. Most of the regular people I met there were super nice, same deal with most Iranians when I went to Tehran.

I won’t miss watching any of those dudes other than usually rooting for pretty much all of them to lose. Dickbags defending dickbags, go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Wow
    Talk like that and everyone immediately knows you’re a piece of shit.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Talk like that and everyone immediately knows you’re a piece of shit.
    It's strange how this place seems to attract some truly amazing people and then just complete pieces of human garbage. The sad thing is over the years I've seen so much of the latter cause the former to not login as much or at all. It's one thing to have a polyass section, but we can't even have a PGA Tour thread without some shit-head making racist comments?
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 06-10-2022 at 10:52 AM.

suck my balls

saudi's don't go to butte community college
    Tell me about all your experience from that well known enclave of Saudi culture, Vermont.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I won’t miss watching any of those dudes other than usually rooting for pretty much all of them to lose. Dickbags defending dickbags, go figure?
    Golf or TGR?

Holy crap; that got ugly.

Will miss watching DJ and DeChamBlown. Other guys? Meh