Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Just read Fowler’s move is “imminent”.

Well that checks out because Fowler ain’t making shit on tour and damn near lost his card.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Fowler, despite his on-course play, is still a viable endorsement candidate.

I hope the payouts/sign-on bonuses true up those losses that will inevitably come from his sponsors.

After all, they aren’t paying for zero tv time for their logos/ads.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    I think the LIV will look much different in a year. If it goes well and those playing give it good reviews amongst the other PGA pros, you will see a migration of the middle ranked pros (30-70). It will get competitive and with the payouts, it’s hard to say no for more money and less golf.

Plus, the Masters, The Open, and the US Open are not PGA controlled tournaments. The LIV guys will be able to play in them unless some odd alliance sets up between them and the PGA.

This will get interesting.
    Neither is the PGA Championship. The PGA Tour is a separate entity from the PGA. Nicklaus and Palmer did that back in the late 60’s.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Neither is the PGA Championship. The PGA Tour is a separate entity from the PGA. Nicklaus and Palmer did that back in the late 60’s.
    Yes I just said this upthread. But they did what?

LIV in Portland for final day grounds is $ 185 and $755 for Gallery Club. Do they even have a production team?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Is it going to be televised?

The (golf) revolution will not be televised.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have no idea, I just wanted to say that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's now being reported that Tiger turned down a "high nine figure offer" much larger than Mickelson's deal. So like $750 Million plus. Holy moly. Granted with his legs he probably doesn't want to be committed to having to play but that's still crazy.

According to The Athletic: "LIV is currently slated to stream on YouTube, Facebook and LIVGolf.com; it doesn’t presently have a U.S.-based broadcast partner. "

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's now being reported that Tiger turned down a "high nine figure offer" much larger than Mickelson's deal. So like $750 Million plus. Holy moly. Granted with his legs he probably doesn't want to be committed to having to play but that's still crazy.

According to The Athletic: "LIV is currently slated to stream on YouTube, Facebook and LIVGolf.com; it doesn’t presently have a U.S.-based broadcast partner. "
    Tiger doesn't need any more personal PR issues in his career. The Masters comeback (and comeback from the car wreck (which, in itself is a PR issue)) has sufficiently helped him move on from his personal issues from years ago in the public's eye. If he joins this tour and takes their money that's just another can of worms he doesn't want or need.

Passing on this is a no-brainer for him regardless of the money.

^^ Agreed. And like I said above he's always been a tour loyalist, whereas Phil has butted heads with them over the years.

Tiger had the power to force the PGA Tour in his day. Remember the caddies wearing shorts issue? All it took was Tiger saying he was going to play in Europe to change the rule. I think he would have taken the money a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Tiger had the power to force the PGA Tour in his day. Remember the caddies wearing shorts issue? All it took was Tiger saying he was going to play in Europe to change the rule. I think he would have taken the money a few years ago.
    A few years ago Tiger was still being thought of as the guy who left Elin to bang Perkins Hostesses and occasionally get loaded up on pills and wreck another Benz.

Shake yourself.

I actually devoted 5 minutes of my time today to read up on what the LIV tour involves and it's starting to sound like a much better funded XFL.

https://theathletic.com/3351771/2022...-pga-tour-faq/

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  77.2 KB

They could have counted on my viewership had they named just one team "He Hate Me".

.... or BONE SAWZ.

or DEEZ NUTZ

Re-reading that ridiculous list Ormsby should have put "Donkey" in front of Punch.

"Talor's Cooch"

(who the f is that guy anyway?)

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    A few years ago Tiger was still being thought of as the guy who left Elin to bang Perkins Hostesses and occasionally get loaded up on pills and wreck another Benz.
    Only a segment of fans thought that of which I'm certain you were a part of.

These guys should just really lean into the gong show aspect of this and bring out (exhume) the Big Guns

Much better funded is quite an understatement. This shit is kinda crazy.

Only a segment of fans thought that of which I'm certain you were a part of.
    Things people think of when they think of Tiger Woods:

1(a) - 2nd greatest golfer of all time; forever changed the game and expanded its reach globally.

1(b) - Mindblowingly absurd sex scandal involving, among others, Perkins hostesses with two young children and a model wife at home.

Get off your high horse; Tiger's dalliances are forever top of the list when people think of him, not just me.

These guys should just really lean into the gong show aspect of this and bring out (exhume) the Big Guns

We're all going to get laid!
    Live Free or Die

The Race to Dubai is a big deal. Tourism has to be considered a growth industry for SA and golf is a big piece of that. For example:
    https://www.travelandleisure.com/tri...ia-giga-resort

Things people think of when they think of Tiger Woods:

1(a) - 2nd greatest golfer of all time; forever changed the game and expanded its reach globally.

1(b) - Mindblowingly absurd sex scandal involving, among others, Perkins hostesses with two young children and a model wife at home.

Get off your high horse; Tiger's dalliances are forever top of the list when people think of him, not just me.
    Nah, I think you're full of shit and never played the game. you sound like a guy that listens to sports talk daily.

Nah, I think you're full of shit and never played the game. you sound like a guy that listens to sports talk daily.
    Ooooh, ski off?

Seriously man, get a grip, this is ski forum populated by upper middle class to upper class white males working professional jobs and you toss that out in a thread called "PGA"? Never played... you're funny.