Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Glad I didn't listen to anyone in the cut the cable cord thread.....cbs coming in clear.

Love this 3 hole playoff
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Fkna JT

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Love this 3 hole playoff
    It's so much better than sudden death.

I guess there's no birds here....compared to augusta.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    JT charge in coming mannana
    Wooord up

Standing golf clap ovation
    Right? Someone finally remembered it correctly. Perkins hostess, not Denny’s waitress. Details matter.

Wooord up
    Looks like I missed a hell of a Sunday at the pool today, but I did remember when I saw the result, hey, someone called this.
    I still call it The Jake.

DJ got $125 fucking million to sign on to the LIV tour.

Unreal.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...eries.amp.html

I'd play golf on the LIV tour for that kind of money.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Masters, US, and British majors are not PGA events so he doesn’t need PGA

Big back story too. Remember when the tour suspended DJ for….. ummm… basically coke and fucking a bunch of other player’s wives?

Oh on that note, remember when he withdrew from the Masters the night before with a wrist injury? So… I’m not going to reveal my sources but pretty much the story is that DJ made a move on Jon Rahm’s lady and then Jon fucked his shit up. My source is extremely reliable on this one. I’d love to provide how reliable this is but I can’t, just take my word for it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Big back story too. Remember when the tour suspended DJ for….. ummm… basically coke and fucking a bunch of other player’s wives?

Oh on that note, remember when he withdrew from the Masters the night before with a wrist injury? So… I’m not going to reveal my sources but pretty much the story is that DJ made a move on Jon Rahm’s lady and then Jon fucked his shit up. My source is extremely reliable on this one. I’d love to provide how reliable this is but I can’t, just take my word for it.
    Wait, what!?!

i believe it.

Plus, DJ got burned by the PGA with that ridiculous penalty at Whistling Straits.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/dav...lf-history/amp

^^ Oof. Yeah, that was rough but not the PGA's fault. The tour doesn't run that tournament. PGA Tour vs. PGA of America or whatever, are different entities. So he will still be able to play in the PGA Championship moving forward. What will be interesting is how World Golf Ranking points will be assigned for LIV tour events... if at all. The Euro tour is also in lockstep with the PGA on this.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wait, what!?!
    Seriously, true story. I think it was in 2017 and DJ said he withdrew due to a back injury from slipping on the stairs, but I guess Rahm grabbed his arm / wrist and gave it a pretty good twist. DJ had indeed been dealing with back issues so that's likely why he used that as the reason, as opposed to explaining how he hurt his wrist.

Phil decides to play at the LIV Tour event. I guess he figured the backlash had died down enough that he could go play for the murderers now.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

He was always going to play. They were just waiting to announce the rest of the field so it doesn’t look like they (the field) were supporting Phil.

I’d love to see the offer Tiger got to play on the LIV tour. Reported high 9 figures.

https://apple.news/Ab2BJr5p4TaKyuVG7qAvpuQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    I’d love to see the offer Tiger got to play on the LIV tour. Reported high 9 figures.

https://apple.news/Ab2BJr5p4TaKyuVG7qAvpuQ
    Yeah, Jack Nicklaus said they offered him $100M and he can't even play, Tiger's offer must have been nuts.

I think the LIV will look much different in a year. If it goes well and those playing give it good reviews amongst the other PGA pros, you will see a migration of the middle ranked pros (30-70). It will get competitive and with the payouts, it’s hard to say no for more money and less golf.

Plus, the Masters, The Open, and the US Open are not PGA controlled tournaments. The LIV guys will be able to play in them unless some odd alliance sets up between them and the PGA.

This will get interesting.

Phil can pay his gambling debts.

Gonna miss Kevin Na /s

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Greg Norman getting chippy at Jack.

Stay classy, Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    I think the LIV will look much different in a year. If it goes well and those playing give it good reviews amongst the other PGA pros, you will see a migration of the middle ranked pros (30-70). It will get competitive and with the payouts, it’s hard to say no for more money and less golf.

Plus, the Masters, The Open, and the US Open are not PGA controlled tournaments. The LIV guys will be able to play in them unless some odd alliance sets up between them and the PGA.

This will get interesting.
    With gas prices right now the Saudis can just keep upping the purse. Who the hell wants to watch the field they have lined up. Koepka’s brother ranked over 1000th in the world. Oh and no networks have picked it up. It’s the tour of guys who don’t want to compete to make money. What a joke. Screw all these guys and the tour in general. I hope the majors toss them out next year when they fall in the rankings due to only playing 8 times a year against crap competition. They should all have to move their families to Saudi Arabia to.

2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Phil can pay his gambling debts.

Gonna miss Kevin Na /s

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The average time per round on tour should drop by about 10-15 minutes. ;-)

I have mixed feelings about all of this. Hard to blame guys cashing those big checks.

I bet they offered Tiger like $500 million or something… which you have to kind of respect him turning down. He’s always been a tour loyalist. Going LIV is also a Q score / endorsement killer so there’s a balance there.