Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Brooks joining too - Ryder Cup should be a thrashing next year.
    "Bonesaw Brooksie"

Thrashing how? you think Americans need Brooks, DJ, & Bryson?

Looking at the US Open finishers and the Fed Ex standings and feel pretty good about Schef, Zalatoris, Burns, Cantalay, Speith, Homa, Cam Y, etc

left Morikawa off list as rumours he is going too

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    "Bonesaw Brooksie"

Thrashing how? you think Americans need Brooks, DJ, & Bryson?

Looking at the US Open finishers and the Fed Ex standings and feel pretty good about Schef, Zalatoris, Burns, Cantalay, Speith, Homa, Cam Y, etc
    hoping you're right, love the young blood.........my take would probably be the overall narrative though.

From this brutal but on point article
    https://sports.yahoo.com/lynch-saudi...211958992.html

There is a trend apparent among the players going to LIV Golf, beyond the obvious thirst for money. In almost every case, their long-term ability to consistently compete against the world’s best on the PGA Tour is questionable, be it on the basis of physical longevity (Koepka, DeChambeau), decrepitude (Mickelson, Westwood, Poulter), diminishing skill (McDowell, Kaymer) or apathy (Johnson, who’d rather be fishing). They are stars emeritus, their best-rendered roadkill some miles back by younger, healthier and more powerful competition. Any suggestion that he belongs among their ranks will wound a prideful man like Koepka, but it’s true.

^^ And the other common trait is that most of these guys aren’t all that liked for the most part, either.

Morikawa - who is likable - was emphatic this morning that he’s not going.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

US Ryder Cup team improves

It was so obvious that weak wrist Brooks was going. The temper tantrum he threw in the press conference was a dead give away. Plus he’s barely been playing. Always disliked him. Him and Bryson can take their WWF feud over there. I really don’t see how these guys can keep up their world ranking in the future in order to play majors. Guess they figure that once their winners exemptions run out they’ll be too old to be competitive. It’s going to be great when the whole thing folds and they’ve got nowhere to play.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    It was so obvious that weak wrist Brooks was going. The temper tantrum he threw in the press conference was a dead give away. Plus he’s barely been playing. Always disliked him. Him and Bryson can take their WWF feud over there. I really don’t see how these guys can keep up their world ranking in the future in order to play majors. Guess they figure that once their winners exemptions run out they’ll be too old to be competitive. It’s going to be great when the whole thing folds and they’ve got nowhere to play.
    He wreaks of douchebag.

As far as world rankings go, even if they decide to include LIV events (54 holes, lol…) the fields are going to be pretty weak collectively and guys will have trouble getting enough points for some majors.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2022 PGA

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    From this brutal but on point article
    https://sports.yahoo.com/lynch-saudi...211958992.html

There is a trend apparent among the players going to LIV Golf, beyond the obvious thirst for money. In almost every case, their long-term ability to consistently compete against the world’s best on the PGA Tour is questionable, be it on the basis of physical longevity (Koepka, DeChambeau), decrepitude (Mickelson, Westwood, Poulter), diminishing skill (McDowell, Kaymer) or apathy (Johnson, who’d rather be fishing). They are stars emeritus, their best-rendered roadkill some miles back by younger, healthier and more powerful competition. Any suggestion that he belongs among their ranks will wound a prideful man like Koepka, but it’s true.
    Make up whatever reasons you like, Johnson Koepka and DeChambeau are 3 of the best golfers in the world. Right now and for the foreseeable future. Ryder Cup automatics. Say they’re decrepitude or diminishing (like…Tiger…or dozens of others from that generation), now that they’re going to LIV there’s something wrong with them as golfers. Patrick Reed has had a tough couple years but so has Jordan Spieth. Oosthueizen and Schwartzel are major leaderboard guys.

I’m not saying LIV is great or the money is clean or they should have gone. But the argument that this is where shit golfers go play is bananas. The top end is close to some random PGA Tour tournament in Canada or Connecticut, where Johnson, Koepka and Bryson would be among the favorites despite their diminishing skill and apparent apathy. Someone throws $200M in your face and it’s “apathy” if you take it??
    Decisions Decisions

As for Canada, the final round of the RBC had Rory, JT and Finau as the last group.

You're not getting that with the LIV tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Make up whatever reasons you like, Johnson Koepka and DeChambeau are 3 of the best golfers in the world. Right now and for the foreseeable future. Ryder Cup automatics. Say they’re decrepitude or diminishing (like…Tiger…or dozens of others from that generation), now that they’re going to LIV there’s something wrong with them as golfers. Patrick Reed has had a tough couple years but so has Jordan Spieth. Oosthueizen and Schwartzel are major leaderboard guys.
    Right now and for the forseeable future?
    https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/off...standings.html
    Speith is right up there
    Guess Brooks is in the top 90....

Majors?
    DJ & Bryson won 2 years ago, Brooks 3. Hell Phil won more recently
    DJ will have a chance to show how LIV works each year in Augusta as long as he wants too.

The Open should show us a few things too, but not putting any money on Bryson, Brooks, or DJ to contend this year

Playing against consistently tough competition (with deep fields) makes you better. IMO these guys will all struggle in the majors moving forward.

Only 4 out of 15 LIVers made the cut at the US Open and the best finisher was DJ at +4.

Is the Travelers a Korn Ferry event? Holy shit, yeah Dustin Johnson would definitely be a better player because…Sanjit Theegala and Michael Thorbjornson is pushing him. Who the fuck is half this top 50? There’s better names in the LIV tour!
    DJ hasn’t won it 2 years…Bryson and Koepka in a couple years…true true true… Xander Schauffele has never won anything of note. Nothing. And the rest of these guys have never even been on TV.
    Decisions Decisions

Yeah, not like he didn’t win a gold medal at the Olympics or anything
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Yeah, not like he didn’t win a gold medal at the Olympics or anything
    Yeah that field looked amazing. How did Xander manage to beat Marc Leishman? Great effort by him.
    Decisions Decisions

You do realize this was the week after a major, right?

Edit: now that I actually look at the field, what are you talking about? Kisner, Rory, Simpson, Finau, Scheffler, Cantlay, English, etc. A bunch of guys who are top 30 in the world. For the week following the US Open that's a pretty solid turnout. Have you really looked at the results from the first LIV event? Chase Koepka was in the field - I didn't even know Brooks had a brother who golfed.

For the record Leishman has 6 career tour victories. Heading into this event he was ranked 51st in the world.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 06-26-2022 at 09:56 PM.

2022 PGA

My real point is that all of a sudden, because they’re going to the LIV, DJ Brooks Bryson now suck? And you cite Kevin Kisner, Marc Leoshman’s 6 career wins, Harris English…THE Harris English, in the flesh, were the names at Travelers. If they went to LIV they’d be also-rans. Webb Simpson! At least he won a major in the last 5 years. imagine how washed up you’d call Webb Simpson if he suddenly played the LIV Tour.

And DJ won’t be any good because Harris English, the amateur who came in fourth, and both Korn and Ferry arent pushing him anymore.
    Decisions Decisions

Korn and Ferry sound like a bitchin accounting firm.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    My real point is that all of a sudden, because they’re going to the LIV, DJ Brooks Bryson now suck? And you cite Kevin Kisner, Marc Leoshman’s 6 career wins, Harris English…THE Harris English, in the flesh, were the names at Travelers. If they went to LIV they’d be also-rans. Webb Simpson! At least he won a major in the last 5 years. imagine how washed up you’d call Webb Simpson if he suddenly played the LIV Tour.
    You're clearly a casual who doesn't really follow golf closely. You list the few big names for LIV and ignore the how weak the rest of the field is beyond that. It's about depth of talent. Simpson has 7 career wins, currently ranked 58th in the world. Kevin Kisner is 28th. Harris English is 30th. The Travelers also featured the #1 and #3 golfers in the world as well. Maybe take a look at what you're actually talking about: http://www.owgr.com/ranking

No one said Bryson, DJ and Brooks were washed up, for the record. But most of the "name" players on LIV are at the tail end of their careers for sure, or young amateurs cashing in out of fear they'll never get a tour card anyway.

Article about LIV's event next weekend being hosted by Pumpkin Ridge. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...pumpkin-ridge/

This one hits home, because they are owned by Escalante Golf in Texas, which also owns the club I belong to here in NorCal (Sonoma Golf Club). We hosted the Schwab Cup Championship for several years and it's an obvious tournament venue, so our membership is now discussing how we can prevent LIV from coming to town. Escalante doesn't give a shit so we'll probably get steam-rolled. We would get a ton of upgrades to our facilities and course just like Pumpkin Ridge but the majority of our members are taking the stance of "fuck the Saudis." So at least we're walking the walk when talking shit about the LIV money chasers.

2022 PGA

More evidence that Brooks is a douche. Absolutely nobody will believe he didn’t talk to the Saudis until after the US open.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...-liv-golf-move
    Last edited by altacoup; 06-29-2022 at 09:19 AM.

"Golf is a force for good, and I think as time goes on, hopefully people will see the good that they are doing and what they are trying to accomplish rather than looking at the bad that's happened before," DeChambeau said. "I think moving on from that is important, and going and continuing to move forward in a positive light is something that could be a force for good for the future of the game."

Wow, what a bunch of horse shit. What good are the Saudi's doing exactly? Acting like they've changed their ways is insulting and Bryson is acting as a propaganda mouthpiece. This was all of three months ago: https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/03/15/...ecution-81-men

Golf is a force for good? WTF is he smoking?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Golf is a force for good? WTF is he smoking?
    Saudi pole.
    I still call it The Jake.