Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Those the final top sheet graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    I hope not. The c120 where one of the skis is white is not ideal. Not that I’ve lost a shoe in pow in many years. But if you do, white is wrong.

Other than that, most of them are clean and cool graphics.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    I think the collective can come together and get some better graphics done for these.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Graphics are polarizing but at the end of the day I could care less what’s on the top sheet; it’s what’s underneath.

Am I in love with them? Nah. Are the topsheets going to be textured/matte? That is my only real preference from a durability standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    As someone who has owned and spent a lot of time of L138's and Protests, they aren't pretty similar, they aren't even remotely similar. But since getting out of your depth is your game, and dishonesty is your name, I'm not surprised by your post.
    I've owned both skis and I agree with him. This place was much more pleasant when you were banned so please just fuck off JONG!

Hi All, apologies if the topsheet art isn’t to your taste. They are to mine.

Yes, the art is final and submitted. All tops are Korund Glas matte material.

I’d suggest properly setting your bindings to avoid losing skis in pow

I intentionally made the c120 white to avoid topsheet ice up while touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    All tops are Korund Glas matte material
    Moist excellent — hawt damn, it’s almost like you know what you’re doing!

I love the pink R120, no complaints on the topsheets from me

Here is the FR120 topsheet art. The FR138 will have the same art as the C138. Happy for feedback. Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm starting to question whether I want the r99 or the r120. If I'm smart is the 99 but the 120 especially in a 185 is tempting. What's the preferred way of asking you a few questions, pm or email?

Also any chance of a tabla rasa inspired ski? Swallowtails seem to be back, and there's still a pair or two not that far from you. Pretty sure there was a TR long ago with you and some tabla rasas that made me think 'what are those?'

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'm starting to question whether I want the r99 or the r120. If I'm smart is the 99 but the 120 especially in a 185 is tempting. What's the preferred way of asking you a few questions, pm or email?

Also any chance of a tabla rasa inspired ski? Swallowtails seem to be back, and there's still a pair or two not that far from you. Pretty sure there was a TR long ago with you and some tabla rasas that made me think 'what are those?'
    You bet. I'd say post anything here, and emails via the site are always welcome too!

Regarding future models, so many I'd like to do, and tons of feedback on the VOTE section of the website. I look forward to doing some more polls and such once this current batch is landed. As a 1 man band, I can't move onto the next thing until the first thing is over the line! I do have Mc_Roon's tabla rasa in my garage at this very moment, however.

I will share a few more updates on where we are with this project in the next day or two...

Here is the FR120 topsheet art. The FR138 will have the same art as the C138. Happy for feedback. Cheers!
    Look awesome, get them on the website so I can order them haha

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Look awesome, get them on the website so I can order them haha
    Can't disagree with those graphics. Super rad.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Ooof.

No offense but the c120 top sheet is better.
    Oh well. Ski graphics are like assholes. We all have opinions.
    . . .

What was the verdict on buying from Euroland? If shipping too painful, can I road-trip to Italy to pick up?

Venture a guess into weight difference between C138 and FR138's?

I'm curious about 192 length.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Order in for C138…hoping a More-svelte C138 aka C128!(C138-10mm) might be a possibility in the future

Aggressive in my own mind

Any other considerations for 192 versus 202 besides skier size? How does terrain (trees) figure into this? At 6’ and 225 lbs seems like 202 but ski lots of glades and at my age not looking to go Mach 3 but ski looks so fun. Earlier posts seem to confirm no real issues going 202 but paranoia has set in.

.02, I love white tops on touring skis- the difference on snow accumulation is real, and 50% of the surface area is still black.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantManta View Post
    Any other considerations for 192 versus 202 besides skier size? How does terrain (trees) figure into this? At 6’ and 225 lbs seems like 202 but ski lots of glades and at my age not looking to go Mach 3 but ski looks so fun. Earlier posts seem to confirm no real issues going 202 but paranoia has set in.
    I had similar thoughts, my real question is would a 192 limit any bigger terrain/lines? Or is the 202 so predictable/smooth to ski that it doesn’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantManta View Post
    How tight, how steep, and how do you ski it, and in what conditions?

I have no trouble with my 202s in trees, but I'm also being realistic with my tree spacing choices. The 202s are really really easy in soft snow, and moderately tight trees, but at the end of the day, it's 202cm long ski. I've very happily skied Stevens and Schweitzer on my pair of 202, both can feature some very dense trees, which I tend to seek out. (Ask some of the other mags on this thread... they have a name for it.)

I don't personally think it's a 192 vs 202 question, it's a question if the ski is the right tool for the job. If you are looking for a tool meant for noodling through very tight trees maybe Line Pescados are a better choice?

Giantmanta
    Go 202

It’s not the length. It’s the girth.
    And how hard they are to control inbounds on the runouts.
    In the right conditions and terrain the 202 is just as easy as the midget version.

Slow drift turns in trees are so easy on any length.
    That’s where they shine.

If you are touring, the extra length is a no brainer at your weight and height
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    As someone who has owned and spent a lot of time of L138's and Protests, they aren't pretty similar, they aren't even remotely similar. But since getting out of your depth is your game, and dishonesty is your name, I'm not surprised by your post.
    Settle down you tiny little gnome. 5’7 160, yeah, you’re a tiny little man and your posts on here exacerbate that little man syndrome. I have owned protests for many years now. Granted I haven’t skied the 138, with that said I have skied with guys who have or do own both and we have talked about the skis in great detail and they all agree that they ski very similar, Protest gets an edge inbounds as it sets an edge on firmish snow better and skis chop better. Now the 138 has a slight edge in pure pow or funky 3d snow, slight.
    My apologies to marshal for the thread drift comparo and engaging with the gnome. These skis sound amazing and hope enough people buy some as to facilitate the build!

^^^ I don't have anything against you, 2FUNKY, and glademasters post was pretty agro... but if you haven't skied both, why are you saying they are the same?

I will share theories on skis I haven't skied but I won't speak in certainties if I haven't skied it.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ^^^ I don't have anything against you, 2FUNKY, and glademasters post was pretty agro... but if you haven't skied both, why are you saying they are the same?

I will share theories on skis I haven't skied but I won't speak in certainties if I haven't skied it.
    You’re probably not wrong but the guys I’ve discussed this with have similar ski styles and take on skis. I wanted the 138 but was talked out of them since I have 2 iterations of the Protest and they all mentioned how similar they ski, they’re pretty damn close in shape and flex, at least my custom pair. Now the rocker is more pronounced on the 138. Someone asked about a skinnier 138 and the protest is that. Ok, I get it, I’ll shut up. I love ski/gear talk. Sorry guys, not glade but you other guys.