Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1735
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I think setback on sooth ski is just the mount point(it’s wrong for the squad), but I could be wrong.
    That is correct. Our definition of setback is the distance between recommended mountpoint and ski center. It is still on my list of things to add the center of sidecut, but when you get into details it get complicated quickly: noise in measurement, different front/back sidecuts, and all other variations that ski designers can imagine...

What is wrong with the mountpoint of the Squad? Blister seems to say that there are two lines printed on the topsheet that are 2 cm apart, but that the one most forward is marked "0" and is at -6.2. We typically go for the most directional line when multiple lines are suggested, but if there was a "0" on the topsheet, we should have picked that line. Happy to change it.
    SoothSki - Compare measured specs of thousands of skis!

Another lovely day with a couple of inches of fresh on top of a sun crust in the morning, these beasts took it in stride and kept asking for more. Sad to hand em back over to Marshal this afternoon but I know he's gonna have a lot of happy customers when the FR110s start shipping.

Stoked ^ thx for the on snow thoughts.

I've been thinking lately how huge the atomic pow plus skis were(130-110-120) and now this is a modern evolution that is a daily driver.

The fr110 will be my daily soft snow w a base ski. Og devs for early late scratchy, og LP for groom zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by alude View Post
    That is correct. Our definition of setback is the distance between recommended mountpoint and ski center. It is still on my list of things to add the center of sidecut, but when you get into details it get complicated quickly: noise in measurement, different front/back sidecuts, and all other variations that ski designers can imagine...

What is wrong with the mountpoint of the Squad? Blister seems to say that there are two lines printed on the topsheet that are 2 cm apart, but that the one most forward is marked "0" and is at -6.2. We typically go for the most directional line when multiple lines are suggested, but if there was a "0" on the topsheet, we should have picked that line. Happy to change it.
    Cool! I’d reallt love the center of the sidecut measurement even if it comes with an * of being semi accurate, honestly been really interesting to compare the ones FriFlyt mag has available in their tests with my preferred mount points on lots of different skis.

Ah I wasn’t aware that you go for the most directional line, I am however 99% sure that the squad has a 0 line at -6.2 and recommendations for +2 and -2 from that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

Mounted at -11 after much deliberation and comparison to skis I have.
    CaliBrit, Thanks for the details on mounting.

What have other folks been doing on the mount point for the R87? I know that the recommendation on the HL site is -12.5cm.

I've had these for a bit now and it looks like it may eventually stop dumping new snow in Tahoe. So, it's time to get them set up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

Mounted at -11 after much deliberation and comparison to skis I have.

XPOST FROM R99 Comp Thread:

Here is a quick write up on how I see the R99, FL105, and FR110 all fitting together, as I have been getting alot of q's on this, and I have good time on the R99 AM, FL105, and FR110 so far...

The R99 rides like a fat race ski and an old school nature. They are very capable all-mountain, but with a long Effective Edge and minimal taper tip/tail, they simply want to get you down the mountain, irregardless of snow conditions, in the fastest possible way. The AM build skews towards skiing moguls through the trough and having quick reflexes in trees. The Comp build seems to be more about smashing bumps out of existence entirely and making huge turns in corn and windboard. Both builds will thrive on edge, and will be the most rewarding for a strong pilot looking for a smooth but energetic ride, who is ok with them being a bit more of a quiver ski than the others.

The FL105 has a decidedly more freeride feel. The FL105 have a good amount of taper tip and tail, so while they carve really well, they will be more drifty and surfy compared to the R99 (though much more engaged and carvy than, say, the FR110 below). The FL105's modern shape (compared to R99) will make more turn shapes in more snow conditions than the R99, where the R99 has a one track mind. The FL105 will be most rewarding for strong pilot who skis in the fall line, looking for more of a daily driver / one-ski quiver type ski.

The FR110 is rad, but again, in a very different way. They are more of a progressive soft snow charger skis, quicker to pivot, make sun crust and wind effect ski like pow, and are insanely fast and intuitive to ski quickly through tight technical terrain. Though they will hold an edge on a groomer no trouble, the FR110 prefers to ski off-edge generally, and is really good at carrying speed as you drift turns through chutes, rocks, and trees. They are the most surfy and progressive of the bunch for sure, and feel more like a skinny 132 than a wider 105 or 99. They will be most rewarding for a strong pilot who is skiing softer snow, and looking to carry speed in more technical terrain or more cut up/tracked out/set up snow conditions.

Do you have any demo skis up at Alta? I'll be there for a few days starting Sunday.

But what ski is most rewarding for a weak, mediocre pilot? Asking for a friend..

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    But what ski is most rewarding for a weak, mediocre pilot? Asking for a friend..
    Soul 7?

Heh

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Soul 7?
    This is the way.

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    XPOST FROM R99 Comp Thread:
    Here is a quick write up on how I see the R99, FL105, and FR110 all fitting together, as I have been getting alot of q's on this, and I have good time on the R99 AM, FL105, and FR110 so far...

The R99 rides like a fat race ski and an old school nature. They are very capable all-mountain, but with a long Effective Edge and minimal taper tip/tail, they simply want to get you down the mountain, irregardless of snow conditions, in the fastest possible way. The AM build skews towards skiing moguls through the trough and having quick reflexes in trees. The Comp build seems to be more about smashing bumps out of existence entirely and making huge turns in corn and windboard. Both builds will thrive on edge, and will be the most rewarding for a strong pilot looking for a smooth but energetic ride, who is ok with them being a bit more of a quiver ski than the others.

The FL105 has a decidedly more freeride feel. The FL105 have a good amount of taper tip and tail, so while they carve really well, they will be more drifty and surfy compared to the R99 (though much more engaged and carvy than, say, the FR110 below). The FL105's modern shape (compared to R99) will make more turn shapes in more snow conditions than the R99, where the R99 has a one track mind. The FL105 will be most rewarding for strong pilot who skis in the fall line, looking for more of a daily driver / one-ski quiver type ski.

The FR110 is rad, but again, in a very different way. They are more of a progressive soft snow charger skis, quicker to pivot, make sun crust and wind effect ski like pow, and are insanely fast and intuitive to ski quickly through tight technical terrain. Though they will hold an edge on a groomer no trouble, the FR110 prefers to ski off-edge generally, and is really good at carrying speed as you drift turns through chutes, rocks, and trees. They are the most surfy and progressive of the bunch for sure, and feel more like a skinny 132 than a wider 105 or 99. They will be most rewarding for a strong pilot who is skiing softer snow, and looking to carry speed in more technical terrain or more cut up/tracked out/set up snow conditions.
    cleanup on color 333
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Yeah stoked to have an order in on the FR110. I ride my praxis Powderboards even when conditions don’t deserve them. A more versatile ski that brings some of those elements will be fantastic.

Deep pow approved!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37853511-9D33-4C5F-98D5-F55A1F449F6D.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	453216  

MFree 108

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Deep pow approved!
    Woohoo!!!

Sick!

FR132’s?

Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    MFree 108

Pinnacle of ski design

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Pinnacle of ski design

And performance

Whatever ski Magnificent Unicorn is skiing on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Whatever ski Magnificent Unicorn is skiing on.

Oh, I’m hurt. Dolt

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Oh, I’m hurt. Dolt

Dude, can you please pick one thread to argue with the entire fucking forum on rather than everywhere at once?

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Woohoo!!!

Sick!

FR132’s?

That was acually touring on BC110. Should have brought the 132's. This is the winter of 132s, for sure.

When is the Benny Profane pro model being released?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    When is the Benny Profane pro model being released?
    In line.

swing your fucking sword.

Haven't read the whole thread but I'm intrigued by the FR110 to maybe fill a space between my pow ski (the much beloved early RES Billy Goats) and my mixed/firm snow chargers (OG Moment Belafonte and ON3P Wrenegade from when they had very minimal tail rocker). Something better on firm snow than the BG but looser than the Bela & Wren.

It's been a VERY long time since I skied a full reverse camber ski but I tried a few of them when that first became a thing. Volkl Gotama and Katana, some of the Icelantic stuff, OG Cochise, etc. One thing I never liked was I felt like there was a lack of rebound when I wanted to pop out of a turn or off a mogul or whatever. Marshal, any comments on how the FR110 feels in that regard? Answer might be "a reverse camber ski is never gonna do that" but I know you're a dude that is very particular about how a ski feels and the bamboo/poplar core has me intrigued.

How positive is the edge feel when you need to really lay it over on steep and firm?

How do they ski mounted at -8? (I never seem to get along well with skis mounted much more forward than that.)