Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Cheers! So shopify (the website platform) doesn't really do deposits all that well out of the box, so I made gift cards in a few denominations to solve for this.

That way, you can put cash down, let me know what model you are after so I can reserve it for you, and we settle up the order once your skis arrive!

Would that work?

https://heritagelabskis.com/products...41401860194492
    Whale shit, looks like I may have to bite the bullet and hop on the train now that we can divide the cost up. Fkna!

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    My main reason for loving the L120s so much is the elastic pop out of the turn. I think that has a lot to do with the stiff tail and softer forebody. They don't have much of a sidecut and are completely flat/no camber.
    So, you ordered a C120 in 200 I assume?
    I’m thinking of this to replace my Lhasa Pows w/ the Tecton.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I think deposit option will allow R87 in midget length

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yup 184 (sn0035) and 190 (sn0038) so the longer/ newer ski has less early rise

sliding paper under the tips on a bar surface I measured early rise at 60mm for the 184 and 50mm for the 190

I prefer the feel of the 184 but either one is pretty easy to handle/ slarve
    The 184cm white whale.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    I think deposit option will allow R87 in midget length
    Thanks for reeling me in from ordering skis for where I wish I lived not where I do, R87 midget is where my attention should focus

Hell yes! Was thinking hard about the r87s, but reason won. 200cm fall line skis are obviously a smarter investment.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Hell yes! Was thinking hard about the r87s, but reason won. 200cm fall line skis are obviously a smarter investment.

YESSSSS!!!!

FR 120 200cm is going to be amazing.

PS. Ironically, the original ski company charged much more for carbon than hybrid non carbon. This ski has never been made non carbon in this length.
    My order could have been carbon. But I’m paying the same for less.
    But less is more. If you want more.
    I want more.
    This ski goes to eleven.

Disclaimer.
    You need to be a tail slider on hard pack.
    Old school.
    It’s not going to carve turns at a 40+ meter radius.

But charging in pow it’s insane.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So, you ordered a C120 in 200 I assume?
    I’m thinking of this to replace my Lhasa Pows w/ the Tecton.
    yup, 200s and 190s.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Are there three of us on the 120 200s then?

You bet!

In my opinion, if you are like 30% or more non-lift access for your pow turns, I'd say to get the Carbon. If you are mostly (ie 80%+) skiing lifts at a mountain that can get tracked out pretty fast, then I would say get the freeride construction to mob through broken up snow. I do think the long running length of the 200 really helps maximize stability in chunder, so I would think more about if you want something a bit more responsive in pow, or a bit more bulldozed in broken snow.

At your size, as long as you plan to be at an area that is more open than super tight... go 200. Since the 120 is flat vs. the super rockered 138, I do think they will skin pretty well, irregardless.
    Thanks, Marshal. Are you saying you'd mount the FR120 to tour or just have it as a resort ski? If the latter, that makes sense, then I guess I'm just wondering what I would have for pow touring... (And if the former, it seems a little heavy but maybe not bad?)

Because of that, I'm thinking that I imagine the C120 would be "ok enough" for the the resort days until things get tracked out in which I would switch over to my DD, Enforcer 104 Frees.

I keep thinking I have determined the perfect size of my quiver but the more I read this thread - and others - the larger the n becomes. So it goes on TGR I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Thanks, Marshal. Are you saying you'd mount the FR120 to tour or just have it as a resort ski? If the latter, that makes sense, then I guess I'm just wondering what I would have for pow touring... (And if the former, it seems a little heavy but maybe not bad?)

Because of that, I'm thinking that I imagine the C120 would be "ok enough" for the the resort days until things get tracked out in which I would switch over to my DD, Enforcer 104 Frees.

I keep thinking I have determined the perfect size of my quiver but the more I read this thread - and others - the larger the n becomes. So it goes on TGR I guess...
    Hey man, good question, happy to clarify.

I would say that the freeride construction is really for mechanized access. Sure you could skin a few thousand vert and not die, but if you are doing that often, I would recommend the carbon layup.

In your scenario, I would say that the Carbon construction 120 would probably go back to the car by mid day on most inbounds pow days. The Freeride would stay out for the whole day. I just wouldn't want to skin 5k on the freeride skis.

Not sure if I am helping or not... just my .02!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

PS. Ironically, the original ski company charged much more for carbon than hybrid non carbon. This ski has never been made non carbon in this length.
    My order could have been carbon. But I’m paying the same for less.
    But less is more. If you want more.
    I want more.
    This ski goes to eleven.
    This is actually really interesting topic (to me at least)... And I thought about it alot.

In the olden days, the hybrid skis were intended to be more of mass-market volume play, so the retail price was aggressive to sell into specialty retail stores. The carbon skis were more expensive then because of super expensive stacked uni-directional carbon. The carbon skis are now more expensive now due to being made in the US. They used the same molds between constructions really in only a handful of cases and for limited durations. It was also a strange marketing story, since the hybrids were marketed as "less good and less expensive", but some people liked them more than the pure carbon skis, and that construction was not really optimized for inbounds use per-se.

My intent is to focus on the ride. The HL Carbon skis are for untacked snow, especially if it's less than perfect blower. The HL Freeride construction is for both untracked and tracked out snow as well as wind buff and all the stuff.

Finally: modern Triax and Quadrax carbon is much less expensive (and more durable) than the old Uni carbon, the Freeride skis are specced with more VDS rubber (which is as expensive as Carbon anyway), and by using the same mold across both lines, the COGS are about the same, so the price should be about the same anyway.

Sometimes better is best. Sometimes less is more. But more is always more.

Yo Marshal........... only question is what colorway of pivots on my r87'z?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Bros: Purple Forza
    Pros: Raw

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I already asked the ‘what color binding for R87 question’, facetiously by the way.

Response was gold Pivots.

No f’ing way am I buying gold Pivots. Raw or Black maybe.

edit: Marshal beat me. Guess it will have to be Raw; who am I to argue?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

No f’ing way am I buying gold Pivots.
    I'm with ya bruh - not going to happen!!! Need another suggestion.

The actually correct answer is… z20
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008CEA6F-4F8A-4784-82D3-90B8E5A9F3CA.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	503.1 KB 
ID:	402955  

ok! The r87 will certainly have a bit more camber that the r120, but will be less cambered than your mx83.

My intent is to make a ski that that is very carvy and fun on piste, but is MUCH more versatile off piste low tide. I think the mx83 is fantastic, though I found it pretty one dimensional (Ie no fun off the groomer).

I thought the monster 88 (haven’t skied the 83) was fun off piste but kinda weird carving. The radius was wonky and didn’t match the mount point.

hope that helps!
    So if I’m a fan of Volkl flat camber original RTM and current Kendo 1-2mm of soft camber will the R87 be similar or have higher, stiffer camber?

The actually correct answer is… z20
    LMAO

The R87 will be a Freepiste killer!

I love this project and may pull the trigger on a R99. I’d have to sell my 184 MX98 and Monster 108 but it may be worth it. My Monster 88 will never be sold.

Thanks Marshal for carrying the torch forward!

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    So if I’m a fan of Volkl flat camber original RTM and current Kendo 1-2mm of soft camber will the R87 be similar or have higher, stiffer camber?
    with the R87, my target is to come in similar to the Kendo, 2-3mm, yes exactly.

Holy jeebus. Do I have to buy an R87 to replace my Brahma 88 ice coasters?
    Fack.
    . . .

This is the way
    Fuck you you red pilled dumpster diving Texas fuckstick ski pimp.

Ugggh. Just might see another order from me for skis I don’t need.
    But want badly.
    . . .