Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    FR14/15/16 is my plan. Would like to use brakes though, anyone know if the brakes are impossible to bend?
    I asked the factory a few days ago and they said please don’t bend the brakes and that they sell a 135mm for the freeraider. I can’t find it for sale anywhere, so maybe it has to be gotten directly from them? Dunno. They also said you could just buy a “cover” for the brake area and go brakeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Right now I'm thinking Trofeo plus or maybe Kuluar on my C132's. Better get it figured out soon cuz it aint too much longer before they show up! No plans for using them inbounds, got other boards for that
    They also said not to use the Trofeo (that was my original question), and recommended the freeraider instead. I might just use the trofeo anyway, though, if I end up having to go brakeless.

::::@::::

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9DDA53A-2D0C-46DF-8563-F155F6CBB087.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	586.9 KB 
ID:	435553

Skin like a butterfly, ski like a bee…
    Meatheads Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post

They also said not to use the Trofeo (that was my original question), and recommended the freeraider instead. I might just use the trofeo anyway, though, if I end up having to go brakeless.

Interesting, did they specifically mention why?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I asked the factory a few days ago and they said please don’t bend the brakes and that they sell a 135mm for the freeraider. I can’t find it for sale anywhere, so maybe it has to be gotten directly from them? Dunno. They also said you could just buy a “cover” for the brake area and go brakeless.

Of which factory do you refer? I know quite a few guys who have race style clamps on wide skis, most haven't died yet. I suppose a freeride spacer would be a very worthwhile addition on a setup like this. Don't think the Yurpeens quite understand backcountry skiing yet.

Hey all,

Just to offer another data point, I have only used race heels the last 5-6 years on my touring skis, but have gone with adjustment plates for skis wider than 100mm or so, mainly to spread out the holes. No issues on 100's of days of skiing.

I like to use the race heel adjustment plates that line up with the standard Dynafit Comfort/Vertical/Radical heel holes FWIW. Skimo has plates for just about every setup you might want to run. I then shim my toes up 6mm to keep the same ~0mm delta for maximum slayage.

Lastly, I have started making my own "freeride" heel shims. Start by clicking your ski into the binding and measuring the gap. Then I go to Home Depot and pickup a few free flooring samples. There are usually 3-4 different thicknesses. I then glue them together to get the right thickness, cut them into 2" squares, and glue them to the topsheet.

I definitely notice an improvement in power transfer with the spacer under my heel on firm snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6C134773-CD7A-4D3F-B029-C32CA5F07903.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	877.5 KB 
ID:	435602   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E24D7619-3A92-409D-B0BE-624E6616F730.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	880.4 KB 
ID:	435603  

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Hey all,

Just to offer another data point, I have only used race heels the last 5-6 years on my touring skis, but have gone with adjustment plates for skis wider than 100mm or so, mainly to spread out the holes. No issues on 100's of days of skiing.

I like to use the race heel adjustment plates that line up with the standard Dynafit Comfort/Vertical/Radical heel holes FWIW. Skimo has plates for just about every setup you might want to run. I then shim my toes up 6mm to keep the same ~0mm delta for maximum slayage.

Lastly, I have started making my own "freeride" heel shims. Start by clicking your ski into the binding and measuring the gap. Then I go to Home Depot and pickup a few free flooring samples. There are usually 3-4 different thicknesses. I then glue them together to get the right thickness, cut them into 2" squares, and glue them to the topsheet.

I definitely notice an improvement in power transfer with the spacer under my heel.
    So the boot sole is resting on something using the race heels?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I run it with a thin (1-2 pieces of paper) gap, but yes.

It’s important to note I ski with my toes locked pretty much all the time, and have not determined if/how much this adds to friction in twisting releases. Certainly likely to add some friction/resistance.

I run it with a thin (1-2 pieces of paper) gap, but yes.

It’s important to note I ski with my toes locked pretty much all the time, and have not determined if/how much this adds to friction in twisting releases. Certainly likely to add some friction/resistance.
    You can kill two birds with one stone by putting a slick strip piece on the spacer. It is the Sam. Material Voile uses for Anti Ice tape ape (UHMW polyethylene.)
    So it keeps snow off and has a very low coefficient of friction. Not as low as teflon but a lot more durable.

https://www.eplastics.com/accessorie...ck-strips-uhmw

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    You can kill two birds with one stone by putting a slick strip piece on the spacer. It is the Sam. Material Voile uses for Anti Ice tape ape (UHMW polyethylene.)
    So it keeps snow off and has a very low coefficient of friction. Not as low as teflon but a lot more durable.

oooh nice. Really good call, thank you!
    going to play around with that for sure.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    any word on the carbon 120s i ordered and paid for?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    any word on the carbon 120s i ordered and paid for?
    Texted you! Just let me know a good day to stop by your crib or tha shop!

If the snow is sticky sometimes the binding screw slots act as ice magnets, covering the heads with dots of slick strip material fixes that.
    Last edited by turnfarmer; 11-28-2022 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Interesting, did they specifically mention why?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah, they (Stefano Grassi was his name) just said the Trofeo was designed to be used with a narrower ski:

“Sincerely, we recommend ATK Trofeo Plus (with heel adjustment plate) for ski of 60 up to 95 mm”

Of which factory do you refer? I know quite a few guys who have race style clamps on wide skis, most haven't died yet. I suppose a freeride spacer would be a very worthwhile addition on a setup like this. Don't think the Yurpeens quite understand backcountry skiing yet.
    ATK. I contacted them directly. I don’t doubt that it’s possible or just fine. Just relaying the message.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post

That’s really cool. Do you have to glue it or just use the adhesive already on the tape?

Yeah, they (Stefano Grassi was his name) just said the Trofeo was designed to be used with a narrower ski:

“Sincerely, we recommend ATK Trofeo Plus (with heel adjustment plate) for ski of 60 up to 95 mm”

ATK. I contacted them directly. I don’t doubt that it’s possible or just fine. Just relaying the message.
    Well, looks like I may go die again tomorrow morning, 7-11" forecasted for this evening! Helio 180's currently mounted on Praxis PB's. That said, wouldn't be surprised if my fat ass broke those little clamps while on the PB's. Bet a freeride spacer would also help with the longevity of the heel piece.

Well, looks like I may go die again tomorrow morning, 7-11" forecasted for this evening! Helio 180's currently mounted on Praxis PB's. That said, wouldn't be surprised if my fat ass broke those little clamps while on the PB's. Bet a freeride spacer would also help with the longevity of the heel piece.
    Godspeed!

I looked all around the internet, and was not able to find a 135mm brake for the ATK Freeraider. I’m going to see if I can order a set directly from ATK. If anyone in the US is interested, let me know and I can order more sets and ship them to you, if it ends up being more economical that way.

How’s the eta for the freeride skis?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I’m jonesing for as-built specs on the 200cm C132.

Weight
    Strait pull length
    Tip, waist, tail widths
    Turn radius
    Rocker & camber

I’m champing at the bit!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Yo,

Marshal gets production grade samples either today or tomorrow, last I heard, production samples is still slated for shipping to us primo-medio January. The man will correct me if wrong.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Texted you! Just let me know a good day to stop by your crib or tha shop!
    thanks hopefully you can understand my frustration in wanting to support what you have going on
    vrs cash tied up in something that doesnt seem to be a priority or coming to fruitation this season
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

just impulsed some 200cm c132s to compliment the 188cm r99 already in the verks

FKNA

we believe in you, Marshal!
    Last edited by Norseman; 12-02-2022 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Misspelled da man's name!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    just impulsed some 200cm c132s to compliment the 188cm r99 already in the verks

FKNA

we believe in you, Marshall!
    Hot diggedy! Can't wait to see those out out on the hill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    thanks hopefully you can understand my frustration in wanting to support what you have going on
    vrs cash tied up in something that doesnt seem to be a priority or coming to fruitation this season
    hey dibs, I really appreciate your reaching out. your order refund did slip off my radar, and I am really sorry for that. My sincere apologies. I will be over this week with your cash. Thanks man
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 11-30-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

I’m jonesing for as-built specs on the 200cm C132.

Weight
    Strait pull length
    Tip, waist, tail widths
    Turn radius
    Rocker & camber

I’m champing at the bit!

Hey all! As Arild mentioned, I will get the final samples this evening or tomorrow, and will post all the relevant details (weight, straight tape, rocker profiles, etc) as soon as skis are in hand.

I expect the FR and Carbon skis to be shipping to everyone the first week of January at this point. Cheers!
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 11-30-2022 at 01:40 PM.