Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1735
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread but I'm intrigued by the FR110 to maybe fill a space between my pow ski (the much beloved early RES Billy Goats) and my mixed/firm snow chargers (OG Moment Belafonte and ON3P Wrenegade from when they had very minimal tail rocker). Something better on firm snow than the BG but looser than the Bela & Wren.

It's been a VERY long time since I skied a full reverse camber ski but I tried a few of them when that first became a thing. Volkl Gotama and Katana, some of the Icelantic stuff, OG Cochise, etc. One thing I never liked was I felt like there was a lack of rebound when I wanted to pop out of a turn or off a mogul or whatever. Marshal, any comments on how the FR110 feels in that regard? Answer might be "a reverse camber ski is never gonna do that" but I know you're a dude that is very particular about how a ski feels and the bamboo/poplar core has me intrigued.

How positive is the edge feel when you need to really lay it over on steep and firm?

How do they ski mounted at -8? (I never seem to get along well with skis mounted much more forward than that.)
    Obviously haven't skied the fr110 but can make a few comments.

1.) Older, heavier devestators had rebound and pop (maybe new ones too, but no experience). It was mind blowing and let me know it was actually possible from reverse camber.

2.) the fr132 and fl113 have amazing blend of damp and pop. The construction is money and on3p durable from what i can tell so far

I think Marshal was skiing the FR110 at -8.5.

Haven't read the whole thread but I'm intrigued by the FR110 to maybe fill a space between my pow ski (the much beloved early RES Billy Goats) and my mixed/firm snow chargers (OG Moment Belafonte and ON3P Wrenegade from when they had very minimal tail rocker). Something better on firm snow than the BG but looser than the Bela & Wren.

It's been a VERY long time since I skied a full reverse camber ski but I tried a few of them when that first became a thing. Volkl Gotama and Katana, some of the Icelantic stuff, OG Cochise, etc. One thing I never liked was I felt like there was a lack of rebound when I wanted to pop out of a turn or off a mogul or whatever. Marshal, any comments on how the FR110 feels in that regard? Answer might be "a reverse camber ski is never gonna do that" but I know you're a dude that is very particular about how a ski feels and the bamboo/poplar core has me intrigued.

How positive is the edge feel when you need to really lay it over on steep and firm?

How do they ski mounted at -8? (I never seem to get along well with skis mounted much more forward than that.)
    hey man!

just reading your notes, I think you would really dig the FR110. Close to the BG in funky wind/sun effected snow while more clean on edge and quicker at the narrower waist. They will also feel more surfy and loose than the Wren/Belafontes. All while being similarly smooth and business oriented as the rest of the skis.

the skis certainly won’t carve as well as a flat cambered ski, but I have been very happy with how they hook up on soft groomed/“packed powder”. I do think they carve best when I am more equally weighted left and right foot vs powerful straight down hill leg one footed carves - which is fine and matches my experience with most reverse camber skis.

I find them pretty lively. Not like the most rebound ever, but a personality that likes to slash around, pop and airplane turn everything in site, and have fun… as long as you aren’t just dicking around, but actually skiing with pace. I’d call them more a fun creative skiing charger biased ski — and knowing where and how you ski, that would mesh well.

regarding the mount point, the engineered mount is -6. I think they will ski really well at -5 for the neutral and/or small foot skiers, and I am -8.5 as a very directional fall line skier. I am really digging them at -8.5 for my style. I think -7.5 to -8 would be money as I am a bit taller and heavier than you.

LMK if I missed anything!

Thanks dude! Really appreciate the detailed answer!

I've actually moved, Telluride, Purgatory, and Hesperus are the home mountains now, and I don't ski quite as hard as I once did... but my love for going fast and making airplane turns has not changed, hah.

My question about edgehold really comes from thinking about the day after a storm conditions where I'm likely to be getting all the conditions in a single run. Maybe some windbuff in the bowl at the top, then some sketchy scraped out hardpack billygoating through a steep choke, chopped pow in the apron, some untracked but possibly suncrusted in the lower trees, then a janky exit through tight fucked up trees. I couldn't give a shit about carving turns on groomed ice but for this quiver slot would be wanting a bit more positive connection in those steep hardpacked moments than the BG provides (cuz otherwise I'd just ski them).

Need to figure some financials (need to buy new shocks for my sled too....) but I'm definitely stoked on what you're doing so was looking for an excuse to buy something from you
    A bunch of your other skis look freaking rad too, just too well covered by stuff I already own and can't kill off despite my best efforts.

I've actually moved, Telluride, Purgatory, and Hesperus are the home mountains now, and I don't ski quite as hard as I once did... but my love for going fast and making airplane turns has not changed, hah.

My question about edgehold really comes from thinking about the day after a storm conditions where I'm likely to be getting all the conditions in a single run. Maybe some windbuff in the bowl at the top, then some sketchy scraped out hardpack billygoating through a steep choke, chopped pow in the apron, some untracked but possibly suncrusted in the lower trees, then a janky exit through tight fucked up trees. I couldn't give a shit about carving turns on groomed ice but for this quiver slot would be wanting a bit more positive connection in those steep hardpacked moments than the BG provides (cuz otherwise I'd just ski them).

Need to figure some financials (need to buy new shocks for my sled too....) but I'm definitely stoked on what you're doing so was looking for an excuse to buy something from you
    A bunch of your other skis look freaking rad too, just too well covered by stuff I already own and can't kill off despite my best efforts.
    From what Marshal and others have described,sounds like FR110’s your huckleberry

Thanks man! Sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupp- View Post
    Also, are there reviews of the comp R87 in 188 yet?
    Bump on this - any people on these?

Hey man, unfortunately they have been stuck in customs for 3-4 weeks, and FedEx majorly dropped the ball in the whole thing… so about 1/2 the R99 comps and all for the R87 comps are on their way back to Italy to get repackaged, re-commercial invoiced, and resent to me…

I will never willingly give another nickel to FedEx.

Marshal,

Any comparisons to the Sickle from your testers?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First addition to the quiver arrived today. You really didn’t have to send it out in advance, but I appreciate it, Marshal

Too late in the evening for coffee, but had to see if the edge were nicely tuned

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

First addition to the quiver arrived today. You really didn’t have to send it out in advance, but I appreciate it, Marshal

Too late in the evening for coffee, but had to see if the edge were nicely tuned

Cheers
    Looks too short.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Looks too short.
    At least it’s about right for stiffness

At least it had a little kick in the tail

Saw my fist pair of Heritage Lab skis in the wild on Monday in Telluride. A pair of AM99s. Guy said he was a buddy of Marshal's and let me fondle his pair. Amazing build quality to say the least. I really liked the feel of the AM flex. Both of us expressed how excited we are for the FR110s next year.

I can't say I've been this pumped for a pair of skis I had to pre-order before.

Also have the BC110s shown up yet? Still curious of some first impressions and rocker profile pics when they arrive.

Made it just under the wire to get in my preorder for a FR110!
    Super stoked!

Hoping for a narrower Kusala kind of feel.
    Any other rocker pics?
    I can't view the attachment (bad computer!) that was posted upthread.

Also have a R87 comp in transit.

I got my order in for the FR110 too. Waffled back and forth between that and the FL105 for a long time but it feels like the 110 is going to be a really special ski that I don’t want to miss. Should fit my style pretty well which is slashy in steep terrain and full speed on groomers.

Also here is a repost of Marshal’s rocker pics, hopefully this works.

FL113 / FR110 / FL105
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44A17CBA-8D38-4600-A147-20FADE12BD33.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	576.4 KB 
ID:	453967  

Noticed the BC110s are marked sold out. Is that it for this years order?

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    I think the pre-orders needed to be in by the end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    hey man! So I ordered another ~200 pair of skis for fall delivery. There are 37 pair remaining. A number of models are sold out (as indicated on the website) and all the remaining options are low single digits remaining.

On another note, I will be getting specific threads going for the FR110 and FL105 for folks as well, as those skis have been the most common questions.

And yes, there are a few tricks up my sleeve for mid-winter delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    hey man! So I ordered another ~200 pair of skis for fall delivery. There are 37 pair remaining. A number of models are sold out (as indicated on the website) and all the remaining options are low single digits remaining.

On another note, I will be getting specific threads going for the FR110 and FL105 for folks as well, as those skis have been the most common questions.

And yes, there are a few tricks up my sleeve for mid-winter delivery
    Awesome. I am sure you will sell out of everything. I pulled the trigger on the FR110 and I'm already looking forward to next season.

Sweet! Counting down to December for my FR110s

Yeah Buddy!
    Can't wait to get em to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Sweet! Counting down to December for my FR110s
    Ditto.

Now to decide which color Pivots to put on them...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Ditto.

Now to decide which color Pivots to put on them...
    Have you not purchased the baby powder pink?