Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    MEET THE FL105

This ski is really to compliment the FL113. Designed to have best-in-class suspension and edge bite, without overly sacrificing soft snow good times, this is an everyday freeride ski for those that like to ski the mountain like they are angry at it, and the perfect compliment for the FL113 powder crusher.

LEARN MORE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 1.26.55 PM.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	446505  
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 02-06-2023 at 02:37 PM.

MEET THE FR110

Yes... the silent masses have finally been heard. This is the return of the progressively shaped, reverse camber daily driver. Edge and rocker profiles carefully designed to fully engage as the ski is arc'd. It was very important to me that this ski has enough mass to mow down rough snow to accentuate super smooth drift.

LEARN MORE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 1.29.11 PM.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	303.4 KB 
ID:	446506  
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 02-06-2023 at 02:38 PM.

I want them all, hype train is boarding!!

Super cool Marshal! Lots of rubber in the 110 I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    I think this FR110 is some of the best news in YEARS. I, personally, don't have any interest in them but at least now we won't have to listed to the Sickle fanboys whimper for another decade about how there isn't a replacement for their Sickles.
    Haha, that’s true. But the Krypton Whimpering is just beginning.

Hmmm c105+c132=extremely versatile touring quiver....

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I want them all, hype train is boarding!!

Super cool Marshal! Lots of rubber in the 110 I hope?
    Yes, exactly. Same material schedule as the FR132 and FL113 (and the new FL105 of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by ASP View Post
    Hmmm c105+c132=extremely versatile touring quiver....
    "all that and a bag of chips"

My days of riding a ski like that 105 needs to be ridden are probably behind me (I did love my T2s when those were a thing).. but those are some nice looking sticks Marshal.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    MEET THE FR110

Yes... the silent masses have finally been heard. This is the return of the progressively shaped, reverse camber daily driver. Edge and rocker profiles carefully designed to fully engage as the ski is arc'd. It was very important to me that this ski has enough mass to mow down rough snow to accentuate super smooth drift.

LEARN MORE
    Wow.

^^ One is never too old to feel the need... For speed!

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

MEET THE FR110

LEARN MORE
    Fuck yeah. I'm in.

As a side note, I think the text on the FR110 page needs updating. It appears to be the FL113 description.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Fuck yeah. I'm in.

As a side note, I think the text on the FR110 page needs updating. It appears to be the FL113 description.
    Yikes, good looking out! updated. thanks man

Yikes, good looking out! updated. thanks man
    Sure thing. Just put my order in. Psyched for these!

I probably should've gotten some FL105's too, but my old LP105's are still kicking so that quiver slot is covered for now.

Sure thing. Just put my order in. Psyched for these!

I probably should've gotten some FL105's too, but my old LP105's are still kicking so that quiver slot is covered for now.
    But surely you do not have a comparable ski with a 35m radius, sir? However, sure you'll enjoy Le Sick . Looking forward to those myself!

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    But surely you do not have a comparable ski with a 35m radius, sir? However, sure you'll enjoy Le Sick . Looking forward to those myself!

Well, I'm not quite man enough for the 192's, so I'd be on the 185's. Which has very, very similar dimensions to my 184 LP105's.

Which has me pretty psyched. I love my Dynastars, but they're not gonna last forever. So it's pretty awesome that there's a viable replacement on the market.

@toast - i am very much with your earlier statement about 2 DD skis though.
    I feel like, depending on the skier, some iteration of FL113, FR110, FL105 is a great western two ski setup.

Maybe it is FL113 for deep days that get chopped up fast and FL105 for high pressure.
    maybe it is FR110 for soft days and FL105 for hardpack
    Maybe it is FL113 for charging and FR110 for woods and goofing
    etc.

But they are all designed to fit together in this way! Certainly how I will use them.
    Complimented by BC90, C113, C132 of course, haha

Well, I'm not quite man enough for the 192's, so I'd be on the 185's. Which has very, very similar dimensions to my 184 LP105's.

Which has me pretty psyched. I love my Dynastars, but they're not gonna last forever. So it's pretty awesome that there's a viable replacement on the market.
    Tongue in cheek spirit didn't transfer all that great, sorry. Very much looking forward to both the 110s and both lengths of the 105s, for different uses.

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Interesting the carbon 110 has some camber compared to the FR.
    Get the rationale for some cambered skin track stability but wondering how much that sacrifices the reverse camber magic.
    Personally been searching for a lighter, skinnier protest or lighter hoji and had thought this might be the ticket.

Edit - memory failed me. Protests do have a smidge of camber so perhaps my fears here are unwarranted

Dammit... I don't get to ski enough to want so many of these skis but I do.

I'd also like to say that I think the graphics on these skis are absolutely stellar, IMO.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Interesting the carbon 110 has some camber compared to the FR.
    Get the rationale for some cambered skin track stability but wondering how much that sacrifices the reverse camber magic.
    Personally been searching for a lighter, skinnier protest or lighter hoji and had thought this might be the ticket.

Edit - memory failed me. Protests do have a smidge of camber so perhaps my fears here are unwarranted
    Good conversation here! Very similar % and amount of camber as the Protest, yes indeed. If there are enough people to warrant it, I can certainly press them from the reverse mold as a limited run.

From my perspective, this shape in the reverse mold will not skin any better than the 132, so that that point, why not just go R/R??? But yeah, I am pretty biased towards skiing the 132 as much as possible already! haha.

Huge nerd order in, hope I was first :P

I’m not sure you want the heat, but I’m sure blister would sell the FR110 like absolute hot cakes

The line is expanding nicely Marshal, well played. I’m going to have to move in order to be able to use these things.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I don't need BC90s but I am highly intrigued by BC90s! But then I realized I'd need new boots to go with them. And new bindings. And new skins.....damn.

So psyched! I'm going to preorder the FR 110 soon, but now I'm questioning adding a BC 110 also. Maybe I'd be better off with a 132 but I need a new midwinter DD touring ski and BC110 sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Tongue in cheek spirit didn't transfer all that great, sorry. Very much looking forward to both the 110s and both lengths of the 105s, for different uses.

Ha - no worries! I think I'd need to move to a bigger and better ski hill to warrant the long 105's. A man can dream though.