Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Dedicated threads and a whole bunch of juicy details tomorrow.
    Teaser now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 4.20.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	436243  

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    That’s really cool. Do you have to glue it or just use the adhesive already on the tape?

::::@::::
    The self adhesive on the back is pretty good. If it needs a boost you can apply contact adhesive first and let it set up before. It’s a good thing it comes with the self adhesive as UHMPE is very resistant to adhesion.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    just impulsed some 200cm c132s to compliment the 188cm r99 already in the verks

FKNA

we believe in you, Marshall!
    That’s exactly what happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    That’s exactly what happened to me

Too cool a chance to pass over.

What are you going to put on them? I'm still undecided. Been watching the ATK and 300g threads.

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Too cool a chance to pass over.

What are you going to put on them? I'm still undecided. Been watching the ATK and 300g threads.
    I think I’m decided on the Trofeo+, unless ATK can send me a 135mm brake for the Freeraider.
    Last edited by lucknau; 12-02-2022 at 12:13 AM.

Gold p15’s for my fl113

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Teaser now...
    Sort of in love atm.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

[QUOTE=Marshal Olson;6741184]Dedicated threads and a whole bunch of juicy details tomorrow.
    Teaser now...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsName:  Image1669996550.289075.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  18.4 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0276.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	436346  

Bumppp

Props to Marshal and cool to see you and the project get some real press on Blister today!

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/g...l-olson-ep-226

Marshal, somewhere there was a suggestion that you were considering a BMT94 type ski as a future project, is that true? I would be so down.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Marshal, somewhere there was a suggestion that you were considering a BMT94 type ski as a future project, is that true? I would be so down.

I can neither confirm nor deny, but theoretically, what length would your ideal 94mm touring ski be?

I can neither confirm nor deny, but theoretically, what length would your ideal 94mm touring ski be?
    Personally I'd go for like 184 on that, I imagine skiing it in tighter spots and also don't want to make kick turns difficult.

Marshall I remember you raving about the Lotus 124 in Tour1 construction. I've got a set that I've been quite happy with and hopefully have a lot of years left but am idly curious if you'd ever try something similar to that. They're not exactly a cult TGR ski like a lot of your other projects but I'm just wondering.

Congrats on the successes. It's been cool to watch!

I loved that ski, as you know! haha. But I don't think I will go that light with the HL project anytime in the future, mainly because the mold costs for 3D top lids (ie semi/full cap for ~25g per ski weight savings) are well beyond the volume we are making, so minimums would be like 30+ skis per size/width vs. ~10 pr with standard sandwich builds

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Teaser now...
    Why are my pants getting tighter?!?

Great podcast Marshal!

If you ever want to build a new school/playful big mountain charger let me know as I think about that ski a lot!

176 for short people, 186 for tall people

Well, 186 works pretty well for me on the bmt94.

Theoretically, if someone considered making a ski inspired by the 94s, would they consider adding just a couple of mm in the tip and tail to bring the tr closer to 24ish meters in a 186?

Just a tiny bit more ability to hook up on harder snow

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

Theoretically, if someone considered making a ski inspired by the 94s, would they consider adding just a couple of mm in the tip and tail to bring the tr closer to 24ish meters in a 186?

If you did that I would emphasize "tiny" so the tail doesn't hang in mank. To my mind that's one of the attributes that makes the 94's great, just enough grip for hard snow and a tail that can still go perpendicular to the fall line in goo when needed.

Oh yeah, 186 or 187 would be perfect on the 94's...and probably a 176ish.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post

You might want to look at the 183 Faction La Machine Mini, 20m radius, similar rocker profile to BMT 94, but I would be shocked if their construction is of similar quality to Volkl.

Just listened to the Gear 30 podcast, and it was great to hear more about how all this came together and more details on the project. I and many others have been bugging Moment for YEARS to make another batch of the Garbone/M1, but they won't listen. And I have basically given up on asking them anymore, because I have no faith they will ever make that ski again. Its such a shame, because they are incredible, and unlike any other ski I have clicked into. I have many pairs of skis, but my Garbones will only be taken from my COLD DEAD HANDS.

While listening to the podcast, I had a realization that maybe I've been asking the wrong people, and maybe Marshall could make our dreams come true...

i think you need 2 sizes of any ski model for the bigger or smaller skier so < 185 and > 190 ?

I was looking at a ski model that came in 182 and 187 , cuz my sweet spot is 184 I was puzzled as to which length SO I had to think about for a couple of months, blew an ACL, didnt need either but it was not clear to me which size I should buy so the mfger missed out on a sale

you the mfgr can tweek length or early rise (and lie a bit) to make the numbers but my point would be

make it easy for the end user to choose
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    You might want to look at the 183 Faction La Machine Mini, 20m radius, similar rocker profile to BMT 94, but I would be shocked if their construction is of similar quality to Volkl.
    Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind, but my interest is not because I need a new ski - but if Marshal made something for this crowd my interest would be a bit more…….interested

Hey all!

thanks for the kind words on the podcast. Super grateful to Jonathan for inviting me, and always keen to chat skis, haha!

regarding the ~95mm touring ski, thanks for all the opinions and thoughts. Very much confirms my thinking, which is 94-95mm width @ 185 & 178 straight tape length options.

@jdadour - if you are talking about the 112mm garbones, I REALLY think you should ski the FL113 in a 187, mounted at -9.5 or -10. For real. If you are talking about the OG 105mm… stay tuned!

Another vote for the 186cm BMT 94... such a great ski and shape.