Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1754
    Reports from early adopters have me quite excited to get on my incoming C132’s….sounds like the shape and flex are hitting the mark for most folks. Outstanding project!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

BC90 ordered! The BMT94 lives up to the hype, I'm sure these will be great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Do you think that the BC90 will hold up to a tele mount? I am not usually one who rips bindings out of skis, I have a smooth, more upright style, but I also don't mount tele bindings to 1250g touring skis. In adverse spring conditions you kinda have to be more aggressive and do jump turns etc so just wondering what your thoughts are.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Do you think that the BC90 will hold up to a tele mount? I am not usually one who rips bindings out of skis, I have a smooth, more upright style, but I also don't mount tele bindings to 1250g touring skis. In adverse spring conditions you kinda have to be more aggressive and do jump turns etc so just wondering what your thoughts are.
    Yeah, I think it should be just fine. What binding?

This project is just so damn cool.
    I think I’ll transition over time to a HL 3 ski quiver, prob…
    1) FR110 soft snow mid winter ski… heavy, subtle RC, punch way above size for pow days
    2) R99 AM daily driver / quiver killed 50/50… also great resort-bc mix travel ski
    3) BC 90 dedicated BC… light fast
    For me, that pretty much nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is “extra medium” stiff about like the AM R99?

Good question! I would say that in terms of skier input, probably equivalent. But the flex pattern itself is the opposite. The Raceroom skis are tail biased for very clean carving and pop out of the turn. The BC skis are tip biased, to slice into setup / mank and to have a supportive but not unmanageable tail.

So...I'd say they would compliment each other for each's intended use, but aren't apples-to-apples per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Good question! I would say that in terms of skier input, probably equivalent. But the flex pattern itself is the opposite. The Raceroom skis are tail biased for very clean carving and pop out of the turn. The BC skis are tip biased, to slice into setup / mank and to have a supportive but not unmanageable tail.

So...I'd say they would compliment each other for each's intended use, but aren't apples-to-apples per se.
    Sounds great. I do like my am r99s in funky/garbage snow. The bc90 sounds like it would be better in more consistent funky snow like untracked grabby and punchy wind affected snow. Looser and surfier in powder too. Does that sound right?

Yeah, I think it should be just fine. What binding?
    Meidjo 3.0

If you give it the vote of confidence I'm gonna have to place a preorder here in a few weeks. I have some Praxis BCs with Meidjos as my lightest touring setup right now, but at 1700g a ski they aren't really that light. I think the BC90 would round out a three ski quiver with my Lotus 120s and the Praxis BCs.

Any plans on custom +1/-1cm skis ever being available. I think you hinted at it for the future but just wondering if it's coming for next year?

Still hoping for a +1cm fl113 as there really isn't anything quite like that on the market in a resort layup.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

regarding questions, of course email me any time, but it’s always great to talk em through publicly too, as many folks have similar q’s, so helpful as well!
    Hey man!

When u have a spare minute, would you mind pls discussing the planned differences in flex between the 194 FL113 (which I am familiar with) and 192 FL105? Saw the FL105 has a wee more tail splay; assuming there’s a well thought out reason, and think I need the FL113 layup in a narrower cousin, just wanna confirm. I am prepared to be schooled. TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Meidjo 3.0

If you give it the vote of confidence I'm gonna have to place a preorder here in a few weeks. I have some Praxis BCs with Meidjos as my lightest touring setup right now, but at 1700g a ski they aren't really that light. I think the BC90 would round out a three ski quiver with my Lotus 120s and the Praxis BCs.
    Yeah man, I think the Meijdo as a touring ski would be awesome! And if you had any problems with it, I’ll stand behind this green light and take care of it

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sounds great. I do like my am r99s in funky/garbage snow. The bc90 sounds like it would be better in more consistent funky snow like untracked grabby and punchy wind affected snow. Looser and surfier in powder too. Does that sound right?

yes, I think you nailed it. Exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Any plans on custom +1/-1cm skis ever being available. I think you hinted at it for the future but just wondering if it's coming for next year?

Still hoping for a +1cm fl113 as there really isn't anything quite like that on the market in a resort layup.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    yes! So the FL105 (discussed with Sylvan below) is basically the -1 version. A few tweaks to match the width, but same skier and mindset.

regarding the +1, I am trying to wrap my ahead around it. Mainly, the 113 is so dang surfy (for what it is), I’m struggling to figure out when I’d ever want a wider one… and if I did want a bigger ski, I’d go straight to the 132.

with that said, we are working on an FR122, with a more modern/progressive design. But I’m totally open to the +1… tell me more about what you want from it!

yes! So the FL105 (discussed with Sylvan below) is basically the -1 version. A few tweaks to match the width, but same skier and mindset.

regarding the +1, I am trying to wrap my ahead around it. Mainly, the 113 is so dang surfy (for what it is), I’m struggling to figure out when I’d ever want a wider one… and if I did want a bigger ski, I’d go straight to the 132.

with that said, we are working on an FR122, with a more modern/progressive design. But I’m totally open to the +1… tell me more about what you want from it!
    Drawings for the +1 absolutely exist in many, many iterations. You could also say it was made many years ago by igneous, with my design.

With Marshal, though. Not at all certain there's need for it given the step to the 132, but again, the drawings exist.

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Is the FR122 going to be closer to the 132 or the 110 in shaping? There are a lot of days, this season at least, I would love to be on the Lotus 138 but I know it will get tracked out really fast. So I end up on Wildcats, which are awesome skis, but I'm very curious about reverse camber in other sizes.

FR110 and FR122...seems like I need both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Is the FR122 going to be closer to the 132 or the 110 in shaping? There are a lot of days, this season at least, I would love to be on the Lotus 138 but I know it will get tracked out really fast. So I end up on Wildcats, which are awesome skis, but I'm very curious about reverse camber in other sizes.

I asked some questions about the FR 110 upthread.
    Not answered.

110 is a daily driver size.
    Reverse is a hoot
    FR construction if it’s stiff and damp would be insane.
    Is this a good resort powder day ski?

Slarve the trees but survive the chunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Not answered.

Reverse is a hoot

Yes, and yes.

Not answered.

Reverse is a hoot

sorry! I thought those were rhetorical. more than happy to expand on your thoughts… but they are exactly right, lol.

So yes indeed, that is 100% what the FR110 is going for. Surfy, pivoty, and slashy all over the mountain, everyday, while still being smooth, controlled, and able to edge cleanly too
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 02-13-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Hey man!

When u have a spare minute, would you mind pls discussing the planned differences in flex between the 194 FL113 (which I am familiar with) and 192 FL105? Saw the FL105 has a wee more tail splay; assuming there’s a well thought out reason, and think I need the FL113 layup in a narrower cousin, just wanna confirm. I am prepared to be schooled. TIA!
    OK… nuance alert.

Firstly, the core profile will extend a little further into the ends of the ski, so while the stiffness is engineered as “7%” softer, in practice, the FL105 will feel about the same on snow, just a little rounder to better match a small amount of camber, slightly longer EE, and medium-ish radii.

the FL113 is really designed to be excllent in soft snow and HiVis. Super fast, super smooth, quite good on edge, but a nice pivot and drift too. the FL105 is designed more as an every day ski. Carves very well, quick and responsive, lively enough to entertain one’s self in sketchy fast traverses, loose enough to charge windbuff, and legit fun (ie not a bottom dweller) soft snow well too.

so with all that in mind, and because the FL105 has a camber pocket, we increased the tip (a little) and tail (a good bit) to help with float and get the tail out of the way in bumps, tight trees, while still giving good support at full speed and landing.

I would call the FL105 and FL113 are great one-two punch for a strong fast skier. Same mindset and approach, just going about it in a little different way. They are different enough to clearly have their own slots in a quiver, but have just enough overlap that if you get surprised by conditions, you are stoked on whatever ski you have with ya.

personally, I’ll rock a 185 FL105 (smaller radius, more responsive) and a 194 FL113 (bigger radius, more stable), but I think for a big open mountain, the 192 will be stupid fun when the snow is firmer
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 02-13-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post

generally speaking, I’d think about the FR122 as a fatter FR110! final details are still 6-9mo out.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Yes, and yes.

sorry! I thought those were rhetorical. more than happy to expand on your thoughts… but they are exactly right, lol.

So yes indeed, that is 100% what the FR110 is going for. Surfy, pivoty, and slashy all over the mountain, everyday, while still being smooth, controlled, and able to edge cleanly too
    Holy shit. I need to place an order.

Can a RR ski with some side cut really carve if it’s stiff enough?
    I’m not talking trenches with a cambered race ski. Just chunder to the lift.

Obviously it’s going to need more edge angle and weighting. But 138 was just snowblades going back to the lift.

You didn’t say carve. Technically you said “edge cleanly”. Which to me means using at least 3/4 of your ski length if you lay into it on firm snow

Obviously it’s going to need more edge angle and weighting. But 138 was just snowblades going back to the lift.

You didn’t say carve. Technically you said “edge cleanly”. Which to me means using at least 3/4 of your ski length if you lay into it on firm snow
    I'm always surprised at how well the Kusalas ski firm snow (even groomers).
    They are very stiff, lightly reverse camber and 124mm underfoot.

Many moons ago I asked: what behaves like a 110 waisted Kusalas, FR110 could be it
    Basically the same tip and tail dimensions(14mm narrower in the waist) similar rocker profile (FR110 looks to have more tail splay).

Mount point looks further forward on the FR 110.
    Also hoping for a stiff layup.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    ^^^ damp/heavy/stiff RR skis with sidecut can absolutely carve rails. I have skis in this category and they kill pow/chop up high on the mtn, but make skiing the groomers back to the base fun as fuck.

Will be placing my FR110 order asap. Already have my older heavy Volkl/OG Devestator fanboy friends on the FR110 tip. We will have a gang on those next season.

So yeah, exactly. In my head "carve" would be like laying trenches (monster 98 for example). I would say the FR110 ski will arc VERY nice turns, hold an edge really well, and engage most of the way to the tips/tails so you are not flapping all over the place. For sure able to rip turns back to the lift.

I'd also say the FL113 (different ski, similar design principals), edges WAY better than that ski has a right to.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I'm always surprised at how well the Kusalas ski firm snow (even groomers).
    They are very stiff, lightly reverse camber and 124mm underfoot.

Many moons ago I asked: what behaves like a 110 waisted Kusalas, FR110 could be it
    Basically the same tip and tail dimensions(14mm narrower in the waist) similar rocker profile (FR110 looks to have more tail splay).

Mount point looks further forward on the FR 110.
    Also hoping for a stiff layup.
    Yes. Yes. Yes! Haha. Exactly right on all counts.