Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I wasn’t thinking heavy.

Just a bit of metal and rubber. But with early rise and a bit of tail rocker, which is so playful in pow. Metal and rubber for dampness.

And wouldn’t have to be a lotus 120 clone.
    Wouldn’t have to be hudge radius.

Just a thought I’ve always had about metal dampness and early rise slarving.

Has there been such a ski?

Playful in pow, but can charge through chunder.

The RP was so fun and playful. But no fun trying to bomb back to the lift in chunder. As is the 138. 138 dominates pow. But I never saw RP as a resort ski since it was so floppy. And if it’s pure pow, why not 138. Fuck the RP.

I know plenty of folks that liked the RP (wife still rides it), but they don’t charge. In which case, it’s a fun playful ski that never gets floppy since they don’t charge.

The RPC was fun. But lost the playfulness and slarve of the original. I wish Stephan hadn’t taken out so much rocker when going from RP to RPC.

I dig the fact that you’re bringing back some classics, with blended improvements. But maybe you can also make a new ski, based on your experience and insight.
    Let’s be honest, the RP was a garbage dentist ski. The RPC was an actual ski, and I still have my pair & use ‘‘em occasionally.

I have enough metal lam katanas and mantras I don’t need marshal’s R99 but I am tempted. I’d prefer a 192 but I understand the need to offer single sizes as this gets off the ground.

The overall concept is cool & FWIW I like the graphics. Especially on the 138.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

"Go run over some tourists", lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Bringing Back The Best: Lotii And Other Assorted Love Songs

Order 1004 for some 138s. I always regretted selling my last pair. Glad to support Marshal. Radness!

I really love my RPCs, but have been considering going back to the 120s. Life is full of such difficult choices.
    I see Blue; He looks glorious.

This is just one more kick in the bum to get my shit together. There are two skis in Marshal's lineup that I would purchase right now if my life were different.

Maybe it will always be that way. Maybe I'll always be wanting more.

Good play, Homie. I hope this business model stabilizes and becomes a standard. I'll order my next pair from you. I know what this is.

Am I wrong in thinking a 192 138 with some tectons would be the ultimate Japan ski? Planning to go if they ever open up again and that would be a good excuse to grab some of these...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Marshal you’re the man for doing this and hooking me up with those A-stars.

Gonna put in a big order

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking a 192 138 with some tectons would be the ultimate Japan ski? Planning to go if they ever open up again and that would be a good excuse to grab some of these...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Was thinking along the same lines… C138 w/ Tectons sounds like a dream heli-ski or Japow setup.

Also Marshal, any reason the R120 can’t be a bit longer? 187? I dream of a 191, but I wont ask for that.

I’m still going to buy it so no worries there ha.

R99, R120, L138 202cm lets goo

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Oh my. So... will you do international shipping?
    He does, but kinda costly (not meant as criticism, it is what it is - thanks covid).

Planning on picking up a pair or two?

Order #06, let’s go mags!

This is such a great thing. Mad props for the effort. I hope that it works out well. Can you get your buddies from Alta/Bird to allow you to put up a "demo" tent near GMD? That could be a major coup.
    Good luck
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Is the Blossom Race Room the old Nordica factory?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Well since I just had ankle surgery...

order number 1007!!!

Wahoo Marshall thanks!!

Anyone on the fence needs to hop it. Marshall is like the easiest man to work with in these parts and always hooks people up with deals and knowledge. No doubt he will run this incredibly well if he can get the traction. None of the skis work for me but tuned into future developments. I wish I lived in a climate that justified (another pair of) 120s. Mine sadly collect dust but they glow with hope.
    Uno mas

God, I'm slow.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Anyone on the fence needs to hop it. Marshall is like the easiest man to work with in these parts and always hooks people up with deals and knowledge. No doubt he will run this incredibly well if he can get the traction. None of the skis work for me but tuned into future developments. I wish I lived in a climate that justified (another pair of) 120s. Mine sadly collect dust but they glow with hope.
    138s always make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The RP was so fun and playful. But no fun trying to bomb back to the lift in chunder. As is the 138. 138 dominates pow. But I never saw RP as a resort ski since it was so floppy. And if it’s pure pow, why not 138. Fuck the RP.

I know plenty of folks that liked the RP (wife still rides it), but they don’t charge. In which case, it’s a fun playful ski that never gets floppy since they don’t charge.

The RPC was fun. But lost the playfulness and slarve of the original. I wish Stephan hadn’t taken out so much rocker when going from RP to RPC.
    Well that makes me feel a bit better. I have been on the RPs as a 50/50 ski for a while and the resort always seemed to beat them, and me, up. I definitely liked the RPC a bit more, as a few people have mentioned. Excited to mount my Enforcer Free's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    For the pedants out there... can you share the specific skis being recreated here? I think I know some; Lotus 138 and maybe some version of Dynastar Legend or XXL? Not sure about the rest... care to share?
    I'm in the same boat as Bobcat Sig - can you explain some of the models being recreated? Especially curious of the metal skis. Seems like Katanas and/or Mantras?

Exciting stuff, Marshal - nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Bobcat Sig - can you explain some of the models being recreated? Especially curious of the metal skis. Seems like Katanas and/or Mantras?

Exciting stuff, Marshal - nice work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600[1].jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	400183  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    He does, but kinda costly (not meant as criticism, it is what it is - thanks covid).

Planning on picking up a pair or two?
    I've always wanted to try 138's. I've had a saved search on Finn for years. Promised myself I wouldn't buy any new skis for a while... unless some 138's showed up. And here we are. Do you know what it would cost to ship over here?

Just checked for Norway; 237 usd, unfortunately. Still cheaper than new DPS, though.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    I've always wanted to try 138's. I've had a saved search on Finn for years. Promised myself I wouldn't buy any new skis for a while... unless some 138's showed up. And here we are. Do you know what it would cost to ship over here?
    Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Just checked for Norway; 237 usd, unfortunately. Still cheaper than new DPS, though.
    yeah, but the added cost pr pair is like 50 bucks, so bulking up is the way to go to end up at pretty standard rates. Unfortunately (as I do not want to buy more skis).

I need a new dedicated powder ski like I need a new bill, but those 138s look very, very interesting. Especially as I hate DPS with a passion and would consider these more than a second hand pair of the OG, especially as these are two generations merged.

Having never been on a 138 can anyone describe the differences between the generations, or maybe what is trying to be achieved by merging the tips and tails of these two generations? Getting super curious about these. Assuming these 138's would be the bomb for low angle trees in Japan.

I have later gen 138s, and I believe the lower rear rocker of the earlier gen would make them more stable on firmer snow at the expense of being slightly less playful in tight spots.

There's a long thread on Spatulas and 138s titled something like "ode to the Spatula" - lots of useful info there on the different versions of the 138.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Different versions of 138s are covered pretty extensively in here

Lotus 138--anyone prefer rocker 1 to rocker 3?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

And Marshal, kudos - this whole endeavor looks rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk