Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by charley586 View Post
    Also some resort request vaccination proof (Bromont for sure).
    I think that's for all Quebec right now. All the mailing lists I'm on have requested proof of vaccination be shown upon purchase/pickup of a pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    If you're driving park on the north side. That way you avoid the village/gondola cluster fuck. Easier to get to your car for lunch too.
    Had been planning on following this advice but it seems we can't get the lift tix on Nord side. Wondering if it makes sense to just make a sud stop and then go to nord to park. Franglais apologies.

And jfc, they take curfews seriously in Montreal. This town right now under curfew is very similar to how NYC was during the height of the lockdown, except even emptier. I'm pretty convinced that a curfew/lockdown order in NYC would be largely ignored today, but Canadians are clearly more into following rules than people in the States are. Downtown MTL completely deserted last night--zombie apocalypse style. Hard to believe.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Had been planning on following this advice but it seems we can't get the lift tix on Nord side. Wondering if it makes sense to just make a sud stop and then go to nord to park. Franglais apologies.

And jfc, they take curfews seriously in Montreal. This town right now under curfew is very similar to how NYC was during the height of the lockdown, except even emptier. I'm pretty convinced that a curfew/lockdown order in NYC would be largely ignored today, but Canadians are clearly more into following rules than people in the States are. Downtown MTL completely deserted last night--zombie apocalypse style. Hard to believe.
    Yeah, quick stop on the south side before heading north is good. You can get tickets at the Chalet Des Voyageurs close to the road. Unless you have a Costco nearby where you are. Cheaper tickets from Costco and includes $10 voucher for lunch
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Hmm, no idea about Costco in MTL and I was last a Costco member in 2010...but thx, will try the Chalet place.
    [quote][//quote]

So, a few things just in case anyone else looks at this...

You can't get your day pass from the Chalet des Voyageurs, however you actually are able to pick them up on the Nord side (despite the website implying you can't). You can also get your tickets from the kiosks without showing proof of vax, but eventually (next to last run) a lifty stopped me (I asked if I could just show him my proof of vax but he made me go do it officially). They seem to use a hole punched in your ticket and the little fast zip tie thing as verification, since the RFID ticket doesn't track it.

But Tremblant today was a bit of a shit show. Spent so long waiting in different lines (lift lines and before that lines to get tickets, before I figured out that the kiosks would work), and the lift lines were really pretty bad for most of the day.

I'm currently wrestling with whether Tremblant is the Stratton of Quebec or the Mount Snow of Quebec. Open to being convinced one way or the other.

Bromont demain, bro. Don't bother trying to call their customer service--no one ever answers, and you won't get a call back (despite what they promise, en deux langues, on their message). -24 C tomorrow. Bring it, Quebec!! Shit will get real the following day at -32 F (actually we may end up at Jay that day, so no idea about specific expected temps).
    [quote][//quote]

Oh yeah, Tremblant on the weekend is a shit slow.

I mean, I knew it would be, I guess I'm just used to knowing how to ski certain large, crowded areas so you avoid most of the lines. I don't know how to do that at Tremblant (although singles lines were actually even more effective than usual).
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Saint Sauveur and Mont Sutton are worth mentioning.
    Lived in St Sauveur for 3 years as a kid. Walked down our road to Mt Gabriel to toboggan every winter evening. Magical place as a kid.

Have fun in the old ‘hood!
    Using Tapatalk

tremblant is busy on weekends. also gives jay a run for it's money now as far as glades go.. the edge, taiga, dynagriff, etc.. are all great. park on the north side, always. edge and expo chair are the best. doesn't get a ton of snow, but if it gets a dump it's a real blast. jay peak gets more snow, more often.

but le massif is the best hill in quebec, possibly in the east. beautiful setting, long sustained runs top to bottom, and huge tree skiing zone. can get some pretty big storms. i've been on a couple 50cm days where tremblant got 10cm.

sutton, nice family hill but nothing worth travelling to.