Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    I mounted mine +2. Skied them for the first time today. In truly soft snow they were excellent. But if I got a firm bump the tail was too much, would absolutely launch me like a turbo boost. I’ll probably remount on the line. The 194 is way more ski than the 187. 187 is a good do it all ski. The 194 is a big mountain slayer.

Salomon QST Blank

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    @Bandit, how does the Blank compares to the Blade Optic 114 ?
    Blank is more like a fat all-Mtn ski that works really well in all conditions. The 186 has a speed limit and isn’t as plush/stable at speed as the Optic 114 in the same length. Similar personalities, with the Blank being more comfortable in firm conditions and a bit more playful. The Optic is better in deep snow and more stable/more composed at high speed.
    Optic has metal and larger turn radius, which reflects the soft snow “bias” and stability difference
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Finally got out on my 194s for a proper bluebird pow day yesterday. Loved them. More backbone than 194 Animas (previous gen), better float than 2012 bibby and 196 governor. Less deflection in chop than the governor and Anima, and they ski chop a little different than the bibby. Bibby just knifes through, still maybe my favorite Sierra chop ski ever, but I don't think the blank is far off and is definitely damper. It just wants to ride up and over the deeper bits. My favorite pow ski of the bunch, immediately loose and pivot-y in untracked. And it's still fun railing groomers back to the lift. Pleasantly surprised by how much I'm liking this ski.

Heavily detuned from the widest points fore and aft which I would recommend. Anyone know the factory edge angles? Fun enough to carve that I actually might keep these sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Finally got out on my 194s for a proper bluebird pow day yesterday. Loved them. More backbone than 194 Animas (previous gen), better float than 2012 bibby and 196 governor. Less deflection in chop than the governor and Anima, and they ski chop a little different than the bibby. Bibby just knifes through, still maybe my favorite Sierra chop ski ever, but I don't think the blank is far off and is definitely damper. It just wants to ride up and over the deeper bits. My favorite pow ski of the bunch, immediately loose and pivot-y in untracked. And it's still fun railing groomers back to the lift. Pleasantly surprised by how much I'm liking this ski.

Heavily detuned from the widest points fore and aft which I would recommend. Anyone know the factory edge angles? Fun enough to carve that I actually might keep these sharp.
    https://www.evo.com/guides/ski-edge-bevel

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Aurbroaing how much base bevel some companies are sending wider boards with from the factory. Loose goosy.
    Set waves, powder days

My QSTs have all had around a 2* side bevel, but they have been pretty uneven. not sure about base bevel.

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    My QSTs have all had around a 2* side bevel, but they have been pretty uneven. not sure about base bevel.
    My blanks side was pretty even from the factory.

Line optics 104 side was not even 2. The 114 were closer to a uniform 2. Bases on optics a bit past 1 maybe compensating for slightly concave bases?
    Set waves, powder days

Moved the mount point on my QST 106 skis to +1.5. Wow what a difference that made. So much more balanced, don't feel like they're always trying to throw me in the back seat anymore. Had a really fun day on them today. Thanks to all who recommended going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Moved the mount point on my QST 106 skis to +1.5. Wow what a difference that made. So much more balanced, don't feel like they're always trying to throw me in the back seat anymore. Had a really fun day on them today. Thanks to all who recommended going forward.
    Interesting. May not be the same results with a longer Blank tail.

Still real easy to slash those 106s or more.push back and control when you do?
    Set waves, powder days

Quote Originally Posted by altabrig View Post
    Interesting. May not be the same results with a longer Blank tail.

Still real easy to slash those 106s or more.push back and control when you do?
    Shit I thought I was posting in the QST 106 mount point thread. Oops! Yeah real easy to slash, much better when carving, basically just felt like the ski was working with me rather than against me. Even got into some chunky old pow and they chewed it up.