Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Owned a 191 Enforcer 110, 186 and 191 Enforcer 104, and 186 Blank. Enforcer 110 is easier to ski than the 104. A tad softer and way more surfy. They are a bit more damp, too. Still really capable on groomers. Best in fresh and deep. Not my favorite in crud.

Blank is a much more fun and playful ski. Definitely quicker. The Blank has a lower speed limit. Not having metal, makes a big difference. I love them in low angle or tight quarter. I could see them being a good, playful powder ski complement to the Enforcer 104.
    This is perfect. Thank you. In the market.

Is everyone still stoked on the Blank after finishing out the season? Any reason to move on and if so, what would you replace it with? This thread was pretty quiet after early February.

It’s a playful resort powder ski that can ski the entire mountain. Not demanding but can be pushed fairly hard. Not a floppy noodle. Great in trees and tight spaces. If I didn’t have a 192 MFree108, I might have skied mine more.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Great ski…what Bandit said.

178cm skied too short so I sold. Really liked the ski. With its extreme rocker profile, should be 182 and 190 sizing (not 178 and 186).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 11-10-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Sorry I’m back for more opinions. Anyone have thoughts on the Blank compared to the K2 Reckoner 112? I like the idea of a little less weight for days with a lot of side stepping and inbounds booting.

This thread doesn't need another rave review, so I'll just say Salomon is killing it lately. There was a thread once about a two ski quiver from one brand. The QST 98 and Blank would be a candidate.
    This from a guy with a quiver of directional skis from Volkl, Nordica and Blizzard.

To follow up on my post, I went with the Blanks. Really enjoyed them on my first day of the year with about 12-15” of fresh. Looking forward to rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    This thread doesn't need another rave review, so I'll just say Salomon is killing it lately. There was a thread once about a two ski quiver from one brand. The QST 98 and Blank would be a candidate.
    This from a guy with a quiver of directional skis from Volkl, Nordica and Blizzard.
    I’d say all 4 companies you listed are killing it. Any of them have a 2 ski quiver most people would be really happy with.

We're in a golden age....most companies are putting out great skis. Just like mountain bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    We're in a golden age....most companies are putting out great skis. Just like mountain bikes.
    I’m out of a mountain town for a few winters, but plotting my return, and am down to the Kastle ZX108 as my widest ski. So I’m trying to figure out what fat ski would round out my quiver. There are just so many good skis right now. Blank, Sender Squad, BO118 (or what ever it’s called this year), Protos, Rustler 11, the 115 wide Nordica, Moment has 3 skis over 115 that are awesome, Kastle now has a semi-affordable fat ski. So many good skis.

So I tried to order a QST 106 and fat fingered a QST Blank instead.
    Didn’t realize until they arrived in the mail.
    I want a 189 QST 106 for my daily driver, and have a Atomic Backland 117 for deeper days.
    I’m going to sell the Blanks and order 106’s.
    UNLESS someone can talk me into keeping the BLANKS over buying a 106.

I hear the new QST is a skinnier Blank. Probably better to have the 106 if you have the 117.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    So I tried to order a QST 106 and fat fingered a QST Blank instead.
    Didn’t realize until they arrived in the mail.
    I want a 189 QST 106 for my daily driver, and have a Atomic Backland 117 for deeper days.
    I’m going to sell the Blanks and order 106’s.
    UNLESS someone can talk me into keeping the BLANKS over buying a 106.
    What length Blanks? You should probably keep them. They are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I hear the new QST is a skinnier Blank. Probably better to have the 106 if you have the 117.
    Yeah the new 106 is similar, but I'd say it's snappier / more lively than the blank.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    What length Blanks? You should probably keep them. They are really good.

This. Just got 194 Blanks and rode them for the first time yesterday in the Tetons. Fucking incredible. Keep them.

QST 106's arrived in the mail today.
    I'll mount up the 106's, and most likely sell the Blanks.

QST 106's arrived in the mail today.
    I'll mount up the 106's, and most likely sell the Blanks.
    What size Blanks? Did you end up mounting/riding them? I assume, no.

I'm going back and forth between Blanks and QST 106 for my DD.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    What size Blanks? Did you end up mounting/riding them? I assume, no.
    I'm going back and forth between Blanks and QST 106 for my DD.

You sending them back, or selling them? Would you ship? Price?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    You sending them back, or selling them? Would you ship? Price?
    PM sent.

Got to take the 194 out as my tele set up this weekend before I blew up a binding.

I don't remember ever vibing so well with a ski the first time out ever. Super stable because of the flex-to-weight ratio, even with the short EE and tight radius (which I friggin love). The rocker/taper makes it easy to transition turn to turn in tight spots, knee drop lead changes included. I think the pop they give out of a turn helps a lot with this. Definitely the best compromise between pow/chop/tree, chargability, nimbleness, and groomer performance I've been on, at least with snow that is at least somewhat soft (it is 112mm after all). Can't wait to blast these things around in a foot of fresh and it's aftermath.

If anyone out there's lookin' for a tele freeride ski. This one goes. It made me feel like a much more capable skier very quickly. Some supersain shit for sure.

Picked up a pair of 194s mounted on the line with STH3s as a resort ski, I'm 6'3 210, I have been on 188cm QST106s with shifts for 3 seasons and wanted to pick something up for the resort/fresher days. These things are so fun! Agree with beeshbeesh - instantly clicked with them. I was worried that 194 would be a lot to handle, but I find they feel easier to link turns in the steeps and moguls together than my 106s. Have had a great deal of fun blasting through/over skiied out chop on them the past few weeks, looking forward to the first deep day. Can't recommend highly enough.

I have some 186 QST BLANKS in plastic that I will be listing locally this week.
    Just trying to get my $600 I put into them back out. Not a killer deal in TGR standards , but they should go quick locally.
    Figured I'd put it out here before I list them locally.
    Shipping from 81620, can get shipping quotes if you PM me an address.

I have some 186 QST BLANKS in plastic that I will be listing locally this week. &lt;br&gt;<br>
    Just trying to get my $600 I put into them back out. Not a killer deal in TGR standards , but they should go quick locally. &lt;br&gt;<br>
    Figured I'd put it out here before I list them locally. &lt;br&gt;<br>
    Shipping from 81620, can get shipping quotes if you PM me an address.
    Dee Hubbs, Can you PM me? I am not able to PM yet and I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1099 View Post
    Dee Hubbs, Can you PM me? I am not able to PM yet and I am interested.
    I cant PM you yet either.
    Send me an email though my Craigslist ad I just created:
    https://rockies.craigslist.org/spo/7569945622.html