UTA bus from Ogden to Powder mountain

Using the partner days from my Loveland Pass at Powder mountain, been years since I was there and can't wait. Now in the time of Covid it seems the ski buses are limited to 20 passengers which sounds pretty risky to rely on. Was planning on having a motel close to the transit station.

Any recs for cheap motels?
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

I once stayed in a cheap motel in Ogden. Big mistake. Tweakers, Hookers, and my pillow was Sharpied with the statement, Die Bitch. I moved to a better hotel after the first night and sacrificed my $ for safety. But POWMOW was all worth it.

Yeah motels I’m Ogden are sketch. When are you coming up? I can pick you up if it aligns. I’m up there a lot
    I live in Layton which is not sketch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    bring me sums of your state flowers
    i'd doober ya to the pows mowers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Yeah motels I’m Ogden are sketch.
    There are plenty of nice hotels in Ogden. The thought that Ogden is a dangerous and scary place is probably only true if you and Toto have never left Kansas.

I can't help with bus route info, but I'll give you a go/no go recommendation if you want to ask about specific hotels. Old school maggot MD9 has some very nice Airbnb's on historic 25th st.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Thanks, the air bnbs look sweet but pricey for me traveling solo, generally speaking I'm ok with shitty motels, at least for a night ... carry your own towel and pillow case and keep your socks and long underwear on, what can go wrong? aside from bed bugs which I have so far escaped

Reserved Fri. Sat and Sunday but not sure if I actually use them all flying into denver and picking up LL pass, so it's a lot of driving time

Whyturn I'd love to catch a ride if timing works, I can pm when I know for sure i'm gonna make it -- was also thinking of hitting Beaver mt (indie pass) one day on way back to DEN, love little places; again at least for a day

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    Thanks, the air bnbs look sweet but pricey for me traveling solo, generally speaking I'm ok with shitty motels, at least for a night ... carry your own towel and pillow case and keep your socks and long underwear on, what can go wrong? aside from bed bugs which I have so far escaped
    Murder, stabbing, etc.

UTA bus from Ogden to Powder mountain

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    There are plenty of nice hotels in Ogden. The thought that Ogden is a dangerous and scary place is probably only true if you and Toto have never left Kansas.

I can't help with bus route info, but I'll give you a go/no go recommendation if you want to ask about specific hotels. Old school maggot MD9 has some very nice Airbnb's on historic 25th st.
    Ogden is not Kansas but it’s not Compton either. Cheap motels I have stayed at were sketch. My Basement room May work also depends on timing and whether your sketchy

Last edited by whyturn; 01-04-2022 at 03:55 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Ogden is not Kansas but it’s not Compton either. Cheap motels I have stayed at were sketch. Basement May work also depends on timing and whether your sketchy

Yep, sorry wasn't calling you out so much as saying there are nice options. Cheap motels are sketch worldwide.

Idk about hotels but there are some new ones (that home2suite thing on 24th). Feel like a lot of the truely sketch places have been shut down over the last few years. I could help ya with a lift up to the Ogden Valley where you could catch the pow mow bus to get upto pow mow. if ya have a plus 1 i'll take ya all the way there . I'm up by the high school on the bench.

also I can't tell - you have a car or don't? you mentioned wanting to go to beaver. You are not going to beaver w/o a car. If you a have a car just drive up to pow. Yeah the road is sketch but it's not jam packed like little cottonwoond.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    I'm up by the high school on the bench.
    We could be in the same hood.

*skifishbum voice* I'm higher

but 1600 block of binford here. maybe you're that pow sprinter license plate on pierce?

catching a bus or hitching a ride and helping with gas has certain advantages for apres -- is I recall Pow Mow has a pretty decent bar

Anyway good info all, thanks Was glad to see that Powder Country terrain just opened

Cheap motels are sketch worldwide.
    My dirtbag brother-in-law once booked us the cheapest hotel in Zurich. Even in Switzerland, my wife still got bitten by bedbugs.

*skifishbum voice* I'm higher

but 1600 block of binford here. maybe you're that pow sprinter license plate on pierce?
    Ha. I could throw a snowball at your house. If you walked diagonally across the church parking lot you’d be here.

mountain green checking in

if I wasn't balls deep in a remodel I'd say you could crash with us, but as it is, we just have a buncha card board boxes

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

dam crazy. I put up the Brewers flag during baseball season and keep the christmas lights up all summer, front yard looks like shit because i hate spending time and wasting water on it and my sprinklers are broke. I guess this is a scavenger hunt now lol. Come say hi some time.

dam crazy. I put up the Brewers flag during baseball season and keep the christmas lights up all summer, front yard looks like shit because i hate spending time and wasting water on it and my sprinklers are broke. I guess this is a scavenger hunt now lol. Come say hi some time.
    I have the dog that will hide behind the garbage cans and then charge the wrought iron fence trying to get a reaction out of you.

I have the dog that will hide behind the garbage cans and then charge the wrought iron fence trying to get a reaction out of you.
    It’s the Maggot way.
    Snowbasin was fun today if you like sideways snow and rocknroll Gondi rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    It’s the Maggot way.
    Snowbasin was fun today if you like sideways snow and rocknroll Gondi rides.
    PowMow is better on those days.

Quote Originally Posted by eleeskiing View Post
    PowMow is better.
    FIFY

well however I work it, I gotta make it -- get my pass for a snowy afternoon at Loveland tomorrow, and head west thurs for more powder

oh.... and apparently just a little windy too