Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    I’ll go in with a recommend for an electric scraper sharpener. Prior to it I was using a Panzer in a guide. It took me buying a new scraper to realize the scrapers I’d been using and sharpening were not close to the sharpness of the new scraper I had just bought.
    I’ll use a scraper and toss it a bucket when finished with it. Once I have 20 or so in the bucket I’ll pull out the sharpener.
    ^^This

Y’all are still waxing?

https://youtu.be/IGmHz9pTfvE

I placed an order yesterday for a true bar, aluminum oxide stone (last one hit the concrete floor), and a Toko grey nylon rotobrush.
    I got the shipping notification this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by troth View Post
    How do you like the ptex gun? I have been looking a getting one.
    I know this wasn't pointed at me, but the KUU PTex iron is quite good too.
    (If you have a larger repair, using the iron on top of the corner of a thin metal scraper - heat the scraper and flatten/even out the material.)
    And an iron is better (multi-use tool) for metal grip etc. I don't need it often, but it's handy when I do.

On other notes.
    I never use my plexi scrapers any more - so no need to sharpen. A light touch with the metal scraper is fine.
    A roto brush would be super plush, but scotch-bright scouring pad (green) works super fast and is far, far cheaper. (And never runs out of battery, gets lost, and takes up way less room in my bin of wax/tune stuff. Though to be fair, the roto sure looks sexier, I'm a sucker for power tools. LOL)

Crayon on the wax and it's very thin. (Touch the wax to the iron and then crayon.)

This is my "does 99% of all you need" set
    One of the multi-angle edge/base tools with DMT diamond stones. (The extra-course stone is a nice add-on.)
    KUU Ptex iron + extra 'tex and metal grip.
    Ski visions planer.
    Metal scrapers. (If you must have plexi too, get some cut from the true-value hardware store plexi. They are like <$1 each, IIRC. If you have 3-4+, you can batch sharpen them, and keep your work-flow more linear.)
    Edited to add: bastard file.

If you mount stuff.
    4.1 and 3.6 mounting bits - so you can't over depth.
    A tap for metal.
    (I like syringes + plastic luer-lock tips for epoxy dispensing - nice for plugging old holes with BBQ skewers, etc. Buy a box of 100 10cc ones from Amazon. You'll find you use them for lots of other stuff too.)

And I've enjoyed a real ski vice. It's particularly nice to hold the ski on edge for sharpening side edges. You can make your own, quite easily, but buying a pair was a nice splurge for me.

Echoing others

4.1 and 3.6 stepped drill bits. Once you have these, you'll never go back to paying a shop to mount your skis
    Epoxy packets (I need to order more)
    #3 Pozidrive screwdriver and//or bits
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp