Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Ontario 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    What a great season-ender day at Sir Sam's, thanks to cooperation between the WWHSTA board and Sir Sam's management. I'm to lazy to re-post, so you can check out the story here (and you should have the NYSB on your radar anyway):

https://nyskiblog.com/forum/threads/...185/post-39808
    Beauty weather judging by the pics. Sorry to miss it. The kids wanted to get together so I bailed. Did manage to get out at Boler on Saturday morning as they had their final open days over the weekend. Decent coverage after they scraped the snowboard park and pushed that stuff around. Pretty firm first thing with noisy snow.

Yeah, just wasn't in the cards this year.

Next winter I'm primed and ready for more backcountry adventures, and my kids should be closer to being able to get out there as well. Hopefully it's a better snow year.

Thanks for the stoke this season, everyone. Next year we go bigger, harder, and longer!

What a great season-ender day at Sir Sam's, thanks to cooperation between the WWHSTA board and Sir Sam's management. I'm to lazy to re-post, so you can check out the story here (and you should have the NYSB on your radar anyway):

https://nyskiblog.com/forum/threads/...185/post-39808
    Looks like you guys were blessed with some pretty sweet conditions. And I gotta say, with so much overly corporate style management of ski hills, it's really refreshing to hear the GM at SS's is an actual skier.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Looks like you guys were blessed with some pretty sweet conditions. And I gotta say, with so much overly corporate style management of ski hills, it's really refreshing to hear the GM at SS's is an actual skier.
    Yes, we had great weather, pretty good conditions and are continuing to cultivate the relationship with Sir Sam's. Randy (the GM) wants this to be an annual event, so that is promising.

In other news, if you are still up for a ski trip, my friend Mad Pat has all the skinny on eastern resort closing dates on his blog:
    madpatski.wordpress.com/2022/04/07/and-here-comes-the-rain-eastern-closing-thread-2022-part-2
    Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 04-08-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Good stuff.

Great blog too - St Sauveur looking into May - Wow!

Yes, we had great weather, pretty good conditions and are continuing to cultivate the relationship with Sir Sam's. Randy (the GM) wants this to be an annual event, so that is promising.

In other news, if you are still up for a ski trip, my friend Mad Pat has all the skinny on eastern resort closing dates on his blog:
    madpatski.wordpress.com/2022/04/07/and-here-comes-the-rain-eastern-closing-thread-2022-part-2
    Madpat is at it again.

Thank you sir
    27° 18°

Wake up, dudes, winter is finally here. It's not Snowvember 2.0 but it's a start.

Name:  first chair 22 23.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  53.9 KB
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org