Advice on timing a Trip to Telluride / Silverton

Been out to T-ride once before and had great snow in Feb - how is the snow come mid To early March? Any things I should be thinking about in making this decision all else being equal . Thanks mags

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Planning to be mainly between the two “resorts” (can’t call silverton that in a normal sense) and connect with a guide for a day of touring (open to recs!!)

Telluride’s biggest snow month is March. Then another factor to consider: Texas spring break. That seems to primarily be March 13-27, so I’ll be in Telluride from March 5-12. Would be up for a day or guided sidecountry depending on conditions—the San Juan snowpack isn’t something I feel comfortable with solo.

earlier the better. By March the sun is high enough that it affects all aspects. Powder will not last long. I would not come here after March 13th even if it was not spring break.
    off your knees Louie

Try to get to Silverton as early as possible. I went last year on March 8, and it was too late. Even though they had 6" of new snow, the sun baked it out by noon.

They got a 9' storm like a month ago, so everything should be open.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Will be in Ouray from 3/5-3/12. Planning to do two days and Silverton, two at Telluride, one day with Powdercats and one day touring. they've had a prolonged dry period for a little bit so i'm hoping it switches back on at the right time.