Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I am dying to get my hands on a pair of Ultravectors for east-coast resort skinning and occasional backcountry. Anyone know if there are any deals out there in the wild? I'll pay full price if I must, but I reaaally don't want to.

Another voile fan here. Have a pair of Hyperchargers and a pair of 8 year old Vectors. The hypers are incredibly light yet ski pretty damn well. I mostly use them for low angle pow but have had great days in every kind of condition on them, including banging out inbounds laps on highlands bowl. That said, I've fallen back in love with my old Vectors- I prefer the larger radius and the 180 length is bit better all around than the 185 hyper length. The 96 waist vector performs so well in any kind of 3d snow- amazing for how narrow it is. Wish they still made that shape- I feel like the new skis such as the hypercharger have more sidecut than ideal.

NT, I feel the same way about the OG Vector. It's been my favorite BC ski over the last 10 years or so, for the reasons you stated.

Voile needs a thread

Quote Originally Posted by andy m View Post
    NT, I feel the same way about the OG Vector. It's been my favorite BC ski over the last 10 years or so, for the reasons you stated.
    I really enjoy my pair but the 180cm length limit skis short sometimes. I prefer them mounted -1cm from boot center.

Agreed on the OG Vectors, wish I'd never sold my 180's. The Ultra Vectors are good too, but yeah, a bit too much side cut/tail too wide. Loving my Hyper Manti's.
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

My ten plus year old BC Chargers are great to have for neighborhood slogs and Nordic track packing…..and every once in a while they get to do a 3 1/2 mile lap to play in some powder like today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1677200509.495758.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	307.7 KB 
ID:	449020

My V8s got ‘appropriated’ by my son. They surf and turn so easy in powder, it’s almost cheating. Super fun.

Edit: back door to top and over. Combo of scales and skinning.

Name:  IMG_1557.jpeg
Views: 481
Size:  151.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Alpinord; 02-24-2023 at 09:58 AM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I think loads of people will agree with that the old shapes had a better sidecut profile. The current supercharger shape wants to hook up into a turn way to easily. I love the way they float in powder but as soon as the snow gets firm or weird the short radius just wants to engage. Not bad if you have the legs to make 1 million turns, but I am a lazy tele skier. I found the OG vectors to be a bit soft, even for a BC ski, and the increased rocker of the newer shapes definitely helps in the surf department. I think the new flex/rocker combined with the old turn radii would be absolutely killer.

New design from Voile - the Charger Ace. Looks like they're moving to a hybrid sidewall construction, incorporating tail clip notches, and "modernizing" the graphics. Overall, looks like a big step forward!

Cool to see them making updates but $950 for a Voile is insanity. They have no business charging more than Moment, On3p, etc

But isn't that price point still way cheaper than a Hagan, Dynafit, Movement, other Euro or skimo-centric brand? I never buy new skis so it's not super relevant to me but I love my Voiles. Would love to try the Hypercharger some day to save some weight off circa 2012 Chargers.

Still need to mount up my 190 Drifters for low angle pow farming (MASSIVE tips!) but the 181 Chargers worked so damn well this past season I never felt the need. But if we get some rare deep blower that sticks around for more than one morning I bet they are incredible.

I'm going to be selling my 180 Vectors with Meidjo bindings this Fall. I'm thinking somewhere around $500 plus shipping. Feel free to PM me if you have any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    But isn't that price point still way cheaper than a Hagan, Dynafit, Movement, other Euro or skimo-centric brand? I never buy new skis so it's not super relevant to me but I love my Voiles. Would love to try the Hypercharger some day to save some weight off circa 2012 Chargers.
    Hagan and Dynafit are mostly $700-$900, I don't think either company has a ski over $900. Movements are uniquely expensive but their construction is on another level.

I just noticed the Ace model. Tail indent is definitely a long time coming, but I guess it makes for a more complicated ski to build. I would be curious if the sidewalls actually help with grip on firm snow. We skied the hanging glacier on Mt Shuksan last season and rode through an slightly icy, exposed section. I had no problem with edge grip there on the Hyperchargers. I do think the camber makes them a little hooky in breakable crust situations.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    I just noticed the Ace model. Tail indent is definitely a long time coming, but I guess it makes for a more complicated ski to build. I would be curious if the sidewalls actually help with grip on firm snow. We skied the hanging glacier on Mt Shuksan last season and rode through an slightly icy, exposed section. I had no problem with edge grip there on the Hyperchargers. I do think the camber makes them a little hooky in breakable crust situations.
    I think it is the sidecut more than the camber personally. For a 106mm ski, a 140 tip is pretty huge. I skied my regular superchargers for years but they were just a bit hooky in certain situations so I finally moved on. So fantastically durable, reliable and great in soft snow. They ripped a groomer pretty well before, but friends who have skied the ace have good things to say!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231105_093128.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	475056

Picked these up from the voile discount room. Prototype reverse/reverse skis. One of two pairs made, at least a decade old. 193cm, 139mm underfoot. Weigh in at 2100g/ski. Truly zero sidecut, they are a straight 139mm in between the two pieces of masking tape. There is a short flat section underfoot towards the tail. Seems like they shouldn't be too unreasonable. Can't wait to get them mounted up. It is interesting to see such a wild shape from a generally pretty conservative company.