WTB: 185cm OG Cochise

My current pair is pretty tired and I haven't found anything newer that I like as much in this slot. So who's holding? Not too fussy about condition or prior mounts, within reason, but ideally I can squeeze a 303 BSL Pivot mount on the line.

Ha.
    I've been hoarding.
    But I don't really have any to spare - I picked up a couple over the summer, but haven't seen any recently (At least not for sane money. There's a few pairs on CL that people want like $300-500+ for...)

But as always beware. Found a pair on Facebook marketplace, and when they got here they had TWO cracked edges, with compressions.
    Fortunately I didn't pay a lot for them, and with epoxy and some love, I hope to get a few seasons out of them. (The SOB ghosted me and obviously isn't sending my money back.)

I now want a pair in 193. (I'm loving my Carbon 192's so far this year.)
    And I'm seriously considering Bodes in 196. (Which seems completely nuts, but I like what I like, I guess.)

I don't recall where you ski, but it seems you're a MHM guy. You could probably ski mine some days.

Crystal is my home mountain. But I'll let you know if I'm ever heading down to MHM.

And if you ever cut a pair loose, I'm your guy.

I know this won't make you feel better, but I had the OG Cochises (185's) out in the corn today.
    Man those things are the BOMB!

I usually like the Bodacious on days like today, but something today made the Cochise so, so nice.
    Now I just need a pair in 193.

If I happen across a pair I'm not going to hoard for myself, I'll let you know!

-Greg

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/66431445
    Let me know if you want me to check them out for you.

WTB: 185cm OG Cochise

I’m selling a pair of the same ones in the KSL ad posted by Marshall. Two STH2 mounts that are a little funky. Good to very good condition. Will post detail and photos tomorrow. Looking for $149 for skis flat.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Got a buddy who might be interesting in dumping his soon.
    But doubtful he'd be looking to unload for the same price as Bandit. I'll ask though...
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I’m selling a pair of the same ones in the KSL ad posted by Marshall. Two STH2 mounts that are a little funky. Good to very good condition. Will post detail and photos tomorrow. Looking for $149 for skis flat.
    That's what I'm talking about! PM'd.

Marshal, appreciate the heads up but I'd rather pay a little more for nicer ones. I know they're keepers.

Was just talking to a buddy today about the OG Cochise. Still my fav ski to date from ripping through whatever is in front of me

I am also on the hunt for another pair of 193s

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Got a buddy who might be interesting in dumping his soon.
    But doubtful he'd be looking to unload for the same price as Bandit. I'll ask though...
    Also interested. Let me know.

I'll put my dibs in for a 193 in good condition, if one shows up.

HAB, there are a couple I forgot about, though one is is so-so condition. The other appears to be in pretty good condition, though the seller is a flake and kind of an ass, IMO. (At least in my communication with him.)
    I'll PM you the links.

Funny story, my brother picked up a pair of 193 OGs for me, but then had to clear out his car quick and left them on the side of the road by accident . So if anyone wants a free pair, troll around the DC suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by McShortyShorts View Post
    Funny story, my brother picked up a pair of 193 OGs for me, but then had to clear out his car quick and left them on the side of the road by accident . So if anyone wants a free pair, troll around the DC suburbs

Ah, shit!

Quote Originally Posted by McShortyShorts View Post
    Was that the pair that got a PSA, off of CList, here in the fall?
    I was lusting after those.

Bummer they got lost. Hope you are still friends with the brother!
    [And I need to hear that story - so many questions!]

The OG is still the best cochise. Which is really too bad

Hopefully Marshal can make a suitable flat camber 108 for all of us next season.

How would the OG Cochise ski mounted 1cm back? Looking at some now that are mounted that way. I’d rather not redrill if not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How would the OG Cochise ski mounted 1cm back? Looking at some now that are mounted that way. I’d rather not redrill if not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I've only skied them on the line and haven't been tempted to move them from there, but I bet they'd be fine.

Due to a hole conflict I've been skiing the 193s mounted -3cm (-15cm from cc) and it's okay but can be a bit much as you can imagine.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Was that the pair that got a PSA, off of CList, here in the fall?
    I was lusting after those.

Bummer they got lost. Hope you are still friends with the brother!
    [And I need to hear that story - so many questions!]
    Yup, saw a PSA here in the fall for an ad right in his neighborhood and asked him to pick them up for me. I think he paid 40 bucks or something. According to him, they are either somewhere in his apartment (how do you lose a pair of skis in a 1 bedroom apartment?) or he had to take them out of his car to put the rear seats up quick, and left them on the side of the road. If they don't turn up, at least he gave me an interesting story, and if they do I'll be sure to get them out to a mag in need

These have been claimed.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

These have been claimed.
    Many thanks!