Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Get some maple bacon and some poutine

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Don’t put maple bacon on your poutine. These are two separate things.

Heretics will try to sell you fancy poutine with pasta sauce or avocados. These people are to be avoided. Extra cheese or extra gravy are the only two additions allowed to proper poutine.

Zog’s in the village is the best IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Get after it!
    Oh my god, it was so good,,, sooo gooood,

Is the place still full of Australians?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I got into a drunken brawl one time in Whistler village with some Canadians.

Nobody believed us when we told the story. “Nobody fights in Whistler??”

It's been a long time since I've been there, and not sure if it is even sold anymore, but I bought a book that laid out all the runs very well. It was so useful for figuring out where we wanted to go. It was laid out much like a rock climbing book, which I loved. I think it was this, but like I said, it's been many years:

https://www.amazon.com/Ski-Snowboard.../dp/0973259329

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been there, and not sure if it is even sold anymore, but I bought a book that laid out all the runs very well. It was so useful for figuring out where we wanted to go. It was laid out much like a rock climbing book, which I loved. I think it was this, but like I said, it's been many years:

https://www.amazon.com/Ski-Snowboard.../dp/0973259329
    Ullr maps app (like $8 i think) as well as Fatmap (free) does this better IMO. Download Fatmap and scroll around and read/explore, and use ULLR app for precise line-finding.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I got into a drunken brawl one time in Whistler village with some Canadians.

Nobody believed us when we told the story. “Nobody fights in Whistler??”
    the guy you pick a fight with might belong to a decidely less Canadian gang from Vangroovy,

people have been killed getting into drunken fights at whis
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the guy you pick a fight with might belong to a decidely less Canadian gang from Vangroovy,

people have been killed getting into drunken fights at whis
    Good thing I don’t pick fights.

getting into any drunken brawl with a decidedly less Canadian gang from Vancover in whistler is a bad idea cuz people have been killed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Whistler sells garbage bags with their logo and the arm and neck holes already cut...that's way too prepared for rain, imo. However right now B.C. is experiencing a cold snap which could mean no rain at WB. And the kids are back in school next week in B.C. so that could help reduce crowds and lineups.

Never been to Whistler Blackcomb before,, What do I need to know?

It’s been a long time, but I had a great experience with Extremely Canadian.

I had never been and hit a big storm, during presidents weekend.
    I was supposed to be hooked up from a friend of a friend deal. But Luke wasn’t up early on the first day, so I walked into EC’s office., looking for a guide.
    They were super cool and said go with Felix and if you don’t like it, you don’t owe us anything.

Had a fantastic three day experience with Felix Tangay, Joe Lammers and Tom Winter. Cutting lines with ripping guides,that knew the mountain, was well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Whistler sells garbage bags with their logo and the arm and neck holes already cut...that's way too prepared for rain, imo. However right now B.C. is experiencing a cold snap which could mean no rain at WB. And the kids are back in school next week in B.C. so that could help reduce crowds and lineups.
    we get it, you hate whistler.

getting into any drunken brawl with a decidedly less Canadian gang from Vancover in whistler is a bad idea cuz people have been killed
    Um, yea….not really worried about Canadian gang members killing me in Whistler village.

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    While I disagree with your assessment of the Crystal waffles (the only on mountain food I ever buy), those cornice chunks are the real deal and I've seen seasons end from them. Definitely beware.
    I will definitely agree with you on both points. Crystal waffles are top tier without question. Too bad crystal hut's not even open at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    If you are on day tickets you should def ski a closure. Xmas Chute, Armageddon, Weekend chutes or anything on Blackcomb Peak. Ask patrol for directions. If you they catch you, yell TGR and ski as fast as you can.
    Treadway, is that you?

I was walking though the Village very stoned due to strong BC weed and me not being a stoner and a group of 8 young fellows stopped me on the sidewalk. They all looked like they were probably from Vancouver and not Whistler residents. Their 'leader' asked me what time it was. I mumbled something to them and their leader snapped back "No, It's time to suck my dick!" I was so confused on why he said that I just kept walking without saying anything. Later I figured they were looking for someone to react negatively to the dick-sucking comment and jump them. Luckily I didn't know what to say due to weed which saved me.

So ExPowderSnob when someone asks for a blowjob because of the time, be careful.

Be prepared for big city like rush hours on 99.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Headed up to Whistler tomorrow, never been before. What should I know before I go? Best Restaurants? Easiest place for groceries? What the heck is breakfast on the peak?
    Anything to avoid?

Share your hard-earned knowledge?
    Bring yellow lenses for low visibility, avoid that restaurant "Caramba", there's only 2 groceries and only 1 of them , farther away from the lift, is any good, someone already covered the breakfast thing and lining up at oh dark thirty for it so yeah it's worth it if you're into that shit and in the first 600 or whatever the limit is these daze, lastly that Australian place that serves meat pies with peas is a must.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Never judge the weather or conditions from the village. It might be wet, raining in the village, yet at the top it could be a clear sunny day or puking snow

There are basically 3 levels to the mountain. Alpine, mid mountain and lower mountain. They can have quite different conditions, including temps, snow and visibility, especially visibility. It might be unskiiable because of dense fog in one area but fine in another. Any level might be the best skiing on any particular day

Upload as early as possible from the village, especially on weekends. On a weekend under no circumstances ski back down to the bottom until you are done.

Pure bread sells the most evil cakes, cookies etc. Laced with crack cocaine, but more addictive

Canadians are very friendly. If you see hundreds lining up at the peak chair or spanky's, they will be more than happy to let you join them at the front

Agree with the above post. That book posted earlier was great for me when I hit Whistler in the pre-app world. It is especially useful when working mid mountain lifts and waiting for the alpine to pop. I was skiing runs down to Glacier Chair and laughing as the line at the chair got bigger each run and I would just get back on Jersey Cream for another run of fresh.

For sure do a glacier run. It is unique. And line down a gem bowl is more exciting. Either lap takes some time.

We were not excited by the food our first time through. A lot of "nice" places with high prices. The food was fine, but it felt a little like Disney - planned based on concept and not skill. The only place we ended up liking was Crepe Montagne in the lower village. My wife hit up Yelp for our second trip. The brewery was fin for beer and pub food - and more reasonably priced. And we enjoyed a small bistro up near the Blackcomb base. Otherwise we ate in. It was no Telluride when it came to food.

Our lodging included an Early Ups ticket. It was fine, but not a must do. Okay hot breakfast. It was nice to lap some of the mid mountain lifts with no one around. I could see why it would be more fun on a powder day.

Take a lap out to Flute. Another unique adventure.

As stated, take one top to bottom lap. We took a versos of Peak to Creek mid day. Worth it for the long long run.

Have fun. That place is huge. You should be able to find good snow somewhere in those hills regardless of the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post

Canadians are very friendly. If you see hundreds lining up at the peak chair or spanky's, they will be more than happy to let you join them at the front
    This, just slide thru the line yelling ‘single’ until you get to the front, then lean on your poles while standing next to someone you don’t know. When the lift opens stampede forward and act confused when you end up as a single riding a quad. Make sure to yell out, ‘Bro, why didn’t you wait?’

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    This, just slide thru the line yelling ‘single’ until you get to the front, then lean on your poles while standing next to someone you don’t know. When the lift opens stampede forward and act confused when you end up as a single riding a quad. Make sure to yell out, ‘Bro, why didn’t you wait?’
    I love this. Almost spit my coffee out….lol

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I had a buddy who used to do this all the time at Peak chair over a decade ago, euroing his way to the front...on more than a few occasions mountain hosts would pull him out and send him to the back, then 5 minutes later he'd be sliding by again! haha

They measure snow in this commie system called "metric." Just remember that 1 cm is only about the length of your thumb nail and zero degrees isn't that cold and you'll be fine.