Kids backcountry gear for 5’1 girlfriend?

Looking to get my 5’1 lightweight girlfriend into bc skiing. Should I be looking at kids gear? She’s a 7.5 women’s shoe, just looking for something with tech bindings to get her started. Any advice appreciated!

The WNDR vital comes in a 155 length. My wife whose 5 ft has been liking it so far after only snowboarding the last 18 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 10.15.09 AM.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	461.1 KB 
ID:	398810

Pictures of GF would help.

The Dynafit ST Rotation 7 can be set with release values from 2.5-7.0 and the G3 Zed 9 can be set 3.0-9.0. If you're looking for a release value of 4.0 or higher then most bindings have a version that will work.

When looking for skins I settled on Black Diamond as they were available in shorter lengths. But you're probably looking at slightly longer skis so most brands should work.

I had my goddaughter on 145cm Moment Carsons; now that she's grown to be the same height as your girlfriend I'm looking to replace them with skis around 155cm. She's on 164cm skis in the resort. I tend to recommend shorter skis for touring, as they're easier to manage on the up-track. Not that I would ever listen to my own advice, but for other people it seems like a good idea.

ETA: I have her in Salomon QST Pro 80W boots. I resisted recommending boots because that's a terrible idea, but there are tech soles available for the QST line. The beauty of (most) low-tech bindings is that the toe and heel pieces are separate so you can mount them according to the sole length of your boots. The tech soles are not compatible with alpine bindings, even though they'll physically fit, and they're not designed for swapping back-and-forth though that's what I do.

No to kids stuff. look at women’s. same size wife skiing line pandora 110 162cm w ion 10 and 22.5 hoji. Light, easy skiing and fun set up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Pictures of GF would help.
    No shit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

A little piece of advice...she's a keeper if she's looking for, or has her own backcountry gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    A little piece of advice...she's a keeper if she's looking for, or has her own backcountry gear.
    This, is in fact, not true.

You will buy her gear, take her out, teach her shit, and then you are leftovers.

Sorry, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    This, is in fact, not true.

You will buy her gear, take her out, teach her shit, and then you are leftovers.

Sorry, but true.
    There are other ways this can go down, that are as bad or worse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There are other ways this can go down, that are as bad or worse.
    Very true.

The ATK Crest 8 (3-8 din) is excellent.

Vermontfreeride your PMs are full

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    ETA: I have her in Salomon QST Pro 80W boots. I resisted recommending boots because that's a terrible idea, but there are tech soles available for the QST line. The beauty of (most) low-tech bindings is that the toe and heel pieces are separate so you can mount them according to the sole length of your boots. The tech soles are not compatible with alpine bindings, even though they'll physically fit, and they're not designed for swapping back-and-forth though that's what I do.
    Dumb question. If the boot sole has both Dynafit Tech fittings and ISO 5355 Alpine Soles, can't you use it for both? I'm in a similar boat, shopping for my 16 year old daughter and hoping for one boot to rule them all. I.e.. Technica DYN

Pms cleared thanks oetk2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums