Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper View Post
    Snow, right? They offload the SNOW RISK to you, the passholder, not them.

What could possibly goes sideways for THEM.

Your Pass Price then includes an assumed implicit cost of Risk. Are you aware of that? The VR Insurance has run the numbers. No pass buyer likely, has not.
    I'm not sure you understood the subtext, but I'm not interested in explaining to a tweaker.

Bump.

With a brief search I couldn’t find a more relevant thread for this article about Purgatory (and other) patrollers’ struggle for pay and unionizing. So, fuck MCP too.
    https://wapo.st/3JKTM39

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0119.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	474990

….

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0119.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	474990

….
    Don't try that in Canada, against the government, or they will label you a fringe minority with unacceptable views and freeze your bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Don't try that in Canada, against the government, or they will label you a fringe minority with unacceptable views and freeze your bank account.
    I would hope anybody who shuts down a city and blares horns all night gets the same treatment. Act like an asshole, get treated like one - what a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I would hope anybody who shuts down a city and blares horns all night gets the same treatment. Act like an asshole, get treated like one - what a concept.
    I guess you aren't aware that the truckers in Ottawa left a lane open for emergency vehicles and they stopped honking horns after a judge ordered them to do so. Trudeau was the asshole who overreacted to a legal protest.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I guess you aren't aware that the truckers in Ottawa left a lane open for emergency vehicles and they stopped honking horns after a judge ordered them to do so. Trudeau was the asshole who overreacted to a legal protest.
    Dunno what propoganda you're smoking these days but I know people in downtown Ottawa so I just go with what I heard from them. It was, literally, the worst.

If you need a judge to tell you to stop blaring goddamn truck horns at night (or anytime for that matter), you need to go. Polyass for the rest of this shit discussion, I guess. Sorry to others for the political pollution.

The more appropriate question is: Were existing police powers sufficient to deal with the public safety and nuisance aspect or was the event a national emergency requiring invoking of extraordinary powers including freezing bank accounts? IMHO the Cad gov't response set a terrible precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    The more appropriate question is: Were existing police powers sufficient to deal with the public safety and nuisance aspect or was the event a national emergency requiring invoking of extraordinary powers including freezing bank accounts? IMHO the Cad gov't response set a terrible precedent.
    There's no simple answer as there are layers of ineptitude and inaction. Doug Ford being the premier and hating the Prime Minister as much as DanoT there does didn't help at all. Dude went snowmobiling or whatever while this was all shaking down and the cops were asking for help. He wanted to see things go bad, and they did. What a great guy.

JT does suck, though. Just want a viable alternative, please.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czm1n8NJkKO

kpcwradio
    “ On Monday Third District Court Judge Richard Mrazik upheld the decision to not grant Park City Mountain permits to upgrade the Silverlode and Eagle lifts.

Four residents successfully appealed the Park City Planning Director’s approval of the upgrades last summer.

The resort pushed that decision to Third District Court in the hopes of getting the lift upgrades approved, but was unsuccessful.

Park City Mountain may appeal the court’s decision.”

TLDR: Vail wants to develop most of the parking at the base of PCMR so residents successfully appealed Vail’s attempt to upgrade some of their base lifts. The lifts were already delivered and installation was about to begin when the appeal was granted, costing vail millions.

At least now Doug Ford can now get a parking spot!