Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I've seen a better plane crash

Why is the drum section behind Plexi, do they have covfefe?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Assuming he has a pilot license, if it's proven this was staged will he lose it? Permenantly?

Hope so..

Also I have one of those wallets and actually love it, but now it's kinda tainted.
    Also what is the penalty for flying what looks to be an unregistered aircraft?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Oh, it's registered. The numbers have been painted over (or the cameras are carefully aimed not to show)

edit: it's N29508

2nd edit: Taylorcraft BL-65 owned by Laura Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Why is the drum section behind Plexi, do they have covfefe?
    Pretty sure that’s to keep percussion sounds away from other mics and sound from the monitors away from the drum mics. Been around long before the fefe

Wonder if his payments were behind and his insurance up to date?
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

He kept the reg # out of frame

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.18.09 PM.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	398529
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wonder if his payments were behind and his insurance up to date?
    It was a cheap ass airplane when it was built 80+ years ago. It's pre-crash value was lower than a Toyota.

The insurance company won't pay a dime. One call to the NTSB will give them all the ammo they need.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Also I have one of those wallets and actually love it, but now it's kinda tainted.

Sometimes I feel I've got to

Run away

I've got to

Get away

From the pain you drive
    Into the heart of me

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It was a cheap ass airplane when it was built 80+ years ago. It's pre-crash value was lower than a Toyota.

The insurance company won't pay a dime. One call to the NTSB will give them all the ammo they need.
    Yep.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Yep.
    This being a preplanned staged event that resulted in the destruction of the airframe by intentionally abandoning it to crash into the Los Padres National Forest, endangering people on the ground (mostly by the chance of fire*) but theoretically by getting hit by it, what's your legal opinion on how it plays out from here?

*most likely reason for no fire is no fuel. He's a five alarm idiot for sure, but smart enough to know not to start another California fire.

The FAA will pull his ticket for sure (hopefully for life). Beyond that, the sky is federal. National Forests are federal. The FBI gonna be knocking on his door?

This being a preplanned staged event that resulted in the destruction of the airframe by intentionally abandoning it to crash into the Los Padres National Forest, endangering people on the ground (mostly by the chance of fire*) but theoretically by getting hit by it, what's your legal opinion on how it plays out from here?

*most likely reason for no fire is no fuel. He's a five alarm idiot for sure, but smart enough to know not to start another California fire.

The FAA will pull his ticket for sure (hopefully for life). Beyond that, the sky is federal. National Forests are federal. The FBI gonna be knocking on his door?
    I was wondering why no fire. So dude just put in enough gas to get over those mountains and when he ran out of gas bailed and called it “engine failure” Is that the theory?

If so, fuck that guy. Never heard of him anyway, plus he’s a snowboarder.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It appears to be staged but the consequences are massive, he’d have to be so fucking stupid to stage that crash. The legal penalties aside, he could have easily been killed plus being destroyed on social media over a stunt…. I mean… maybe he is?

How will they prove it wasn’t engine failure without a confession from him that he staged it? Or do they just need to have enough suspicion to pull his license

The FAA will scrutinize the crash like every other. He had better have had his ducks in a row on key positioning, fuel cutoff, etc. before he bailed.

In that beater plane, and after looking at some other of his videos, I guess I would wear a parachute too. Looks like he has a ton of experience in parachutes, paragliders, etc. I guess my only thought about it not being staged is the fact that only an idiot would parachute out in mountainous terrain without a safe landing zone.

His defense will be, I forgot to put fuel in it. Probably will fly with the FAA. Charged off to pilot error.

Some company may come in and salvage it for the engine and Go Pro's, LOL.

If proven that he staged it, and if he did, likely he will have, through social media, text or otherwise, left a trail. He may drag the sponsor into it if it was a promo stunt. Forest Circus will not be happy as it does present a bio-hazard with fuel, oil, etc. FAA will jerk his license. He may get charged with some crime for destruction of government property for smashing trees, shrubs and sagebrush, and or some reckless conduct toward the safety of others.

If third parties were involved, and failed to report a federal crime in the making, they can be charged with "misprison of felony" for failing to report the activity to the feds. See, 18 U.S.C. §4. I have a client who was the first person ever charged under that statute for allegedly failing to report the whereabouts of a stolen tractor trailer of Jack Daniels whiskey.

Did they drink all the whiskey?

And yeah I was wondering why there wasn't at least enough fuel fumes left to start a fire.

You sound very authoritative but you don't put a space after the § symbol, so everything you say is highly suspect.

The FAA will scrutinize the crash like every other. He had better have had his ducks in a row on key positioning, fuel cutoff, etc. before he bailed.
    That's why he walked back to the airplane.

Some company may come in and salvage it for the ... Go Pro's, LOL.
    He's got them.

FAA will jerk his license.
    Most likely.

I'd like to see him charged with something criminal or sued for some form of negligence, but I get that it's a hard sell.

That's why he walked back to the airplane.

There's zero question it wasn't staged.
    He walked back to the plane to get the cards out of the GoPro‘s. Vital footage.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    He walked back to the plane to get the cards out of the GoPro‘s. Vital footage.
    Exactly. Both vital to his publicity stunt, and to erase the incriminating parts. Like the footage from this one...

Name:	punchableface.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	398560

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    How will they prove it wasn’t engine failure without a confession from him that he staged it? Or do they just need to have enough suspicion to pull his license
    They won't, nor will they have to. The FAA can pull someone's ticket with the stroke of a pen, and it can be difficult to reverse.

FAA Order 2150.3B. FAA Compliance and Enforcement Program

"...the FAA considers the making of intentionally false or fraudulent statements so serious an offense that it results in revocation of all certificates held by the certificate holder.”

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You sound very authoritative but you don't put a space after the § symbol, so everything you say is highly suspect.
    lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Movie companies stage wrecks like this all the time. Is there any possibility that he got the permits to do this? Or maybe the land where he crashed actually privately owned and he had the consent of the landowner? Didn’t look like he had to walk far to get back to civilization.

Name:	punchableface.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	398560
    In the beginning he states that he is flying to Mammoth to do some snowboarding and paragliding….

It looks like he is missing some of that gear in the back of the plane there…. I doubt there is any other storage space in that airframe.

When he hikes the downed plane he mentions he had a gallon of water on the plane that was destroyed in the crash.

Seems like he was prepared for hike in the high desert, not a snowboarding trip…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I deleted the "there's zero question it wasn't staged" comment, but now that it's quoted, I'll flesh it out.

-The "I always wear a parachute" statement is laughable. I always drive my car with a full face helmet and a formula one fireproof suit. Why? Because I don't trust my car! -- Yet browsing his channel shows that he actually doesn't always wear it (unless he's planning to jump)

- He also claimed his dog "almost caused him to crash!!"

- Why does he have a jump altimeter and a selfie stick if he isn't planning to jump?

- It's shot from an angle that makes it look like there's nowhere safe to make a forced landing, but looking at the map, in conjunction with his altitude, there are lots of suitable spots out of frame. The aircraft is intentionally pointed toward a non-settled area (I know that last part could go both ways)

- He does nothing when the engine stops. Every single student pilot is taught to establish a glide attitude, scan for a suitable landing spot, and immediately point the aircraft toward in that direction. At that point, make whatever attempts at starting the engine the checklist/manual instructs. He didn't do any of that other than porpoise a bit, and jump out.

- At 2:17 he pulls the ashes out to fabricate a reason for the door to be open, at 2:25 it's open a crack, then the engine stops at 2:48 on the side gopro, and 12 second later he's starting to jump. (yes, it's edited - but the ground doesn't lie. That airplane could glide for miles from that altitude - he's in no danger at this point)

- As I mentioned, not seeing any footage of what his hands are doing from the gopro aimed at the panel.

TRG rocks for exactly ^^^^ that sort of post.