Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Wouldn’t a factory reset to the phone deal with any added software? Then just get a different sim?
    Ranjieesh used to work at the Apple Genius Bar. He knows how to disassemble an I-phone and insert a special tracking chip that won’t be altered by a factory reset.

Rajneesh is sly

This seems legit

Not saying it can't be done but sending someone an expensive phone seems like an unlikely way to cyberstalk someone.
    First thing I do when I get a new phone is to try to figure out what all the crap on it is and get rid of most of it.

Nah, I think the most likely scam is still that Rajneesh set up a Fido account in Beaver's name with Beaver's cc and is trying to get the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not saying it can't be done but sending someone an expensive phone seems like an unlikely way to cyberstalk someone.
    First thing I do when I get a new phone is to try to figure out what all the crap on it is and get rid of most of it.

Nah, I think the most likely scam is still that Rajneesh set up a Fido account in Beaver's name with Beaver's cc and is trying to get the phone.

There had been Asian market phones that had been loaded with that stuff in the hardware from the factory, but I've never heard of it happening to iPhones.
    I agree this is way too much effort / risk for that to work well for them though

Maybe Raj will send his cousins over to go all Bollywood fight scene on my ass.

Somehow I don't think I'm going to get the $40 internet deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I assume it would. But maybe the scam is that not many people would do that to a seemingly brand new phone accidentally shipped to their house?

I have no idea if that is the scam, it does seem like it costs a lot of money to Rajneesh with a questionable benefit. I was just responding to the idea that if the OP sells the phone, Rajneesh's scam fails.
    Ranjeesh might have the same access to iPhones at his job that the guy had to demo fleet skis at Aspen a couple years ago..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ranjeesh might have the same access to iPhones at his job that the guy had to demo fleet skis at Aspen a couple years ago..
    Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Somehow I don't think I'm going to get the $40 internet deal.
    I think you will. I have confidence in Rajneesh.

Fido, on the other hand...if I knew how to short a Canadian stock I'd short Fido in a heartbeat.

Raj used a stolen credit card (and almost for sure fished info from OP) to buy this phone from Fido. When the real card owner realizes this unexpected charge they'll report it as fraud. CC Co investigates the fraudulent purchase that leads right to OPs address and - wow even Beaver's signature at the front door proving delivery.

Go visit Raj at the address he wants you to ship it to.

RAMPANT SPECULATION

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

If Fido has this phone registered to Beaver, can't Rajneesh put it to extra good use once he gets it, like stealing Beaver's identity, planning acts of terrorism, prank calls to Krispy Kreme, catfisting Bobby Stainless, etc?

What's Rajneesh's username?

RCMP should have been called long ago. So that there is a police report and op is on record with what happened.

Can't you just call Rajneesh back and be straight with him?

"Look, I got the phone. But for real, what's the scam here? Just tell me and I'll send the phone to whatever address you want."

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

"Look, I got the phone. But for real, what's the scam here? Just tell me and I'll send the phone to whatever address you want."

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

Call back & tell him you are PayPal customer service & that you will help them out with their account to address fraud that’s been endemic with the holidays.

Thaleia doesn't read so good.

You sure you're in the right position to be getting critical of others here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    You sure you're in the right position to be getting critical of others here?!
    Hogtied with a ball gag? Wait, what?

Rajneesh is ronry.

He needs a Christmas call from a Beaver.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I only poked around the website for a minute... but it looked to me like they don't sell the iPhones straight out.. They send them as 24 month cell phone contract options. Sketchy dude slammed you a contract and is trying to get you to send him the phone so he can reset it and change the sim card to use or sell.

I'd be on the phone with the company that sent it, call directly, and find the contract they signed it up with and cancel that shit and return the phone.. They should send a pre paid return label. If they won't contact the BBB and attorney general. Give the police Ranjeesh's contact info and the address he wanted the phone sent to.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Rajneesh is ronry.

He needs a Christmas call from a Beaver.
    You getting you racist clichés mixed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    You getting you racist clichés mixed up?
    "Tropes" would have been such a good word there.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Ranjieesh used to work at the Apple Genius Bar. He knows how to disassemble an I-phone and insert a special tracking chip that won’t be altered by a factory reset.
    so…. He’s vaccinating people?

cliches, tropes, far too deep for a man in the depths of an ether bender.

Angle for a free toaster

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Smash the phone with ball peen hammer.

Make sure you are strapped when technician arrives. Jack the technician for his wallet/phone valuables.

Post story here.